Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Black Friday, one of the biggest shopping days of the year if not THE biggest shopping day. The day when you put on your a**-kicking boots, your winter coat and you camp out as soon as you've finished your last bite of turkey.

Why do you do it?

For bargains. Once a year, never again, half-price big screen tv BARGAINS.

There are multiple issues with this sale prospect. Firstly, the timing of the "big" releases makes no sense whatsoever. Not many people have the day AFTER Thanksgiving off- Hell, not many people have Thanksgiving itself off! Scheduling things how you have will ensure a limited release so as not to piss off the investors who you strive to please (apparently, since everything worth having is super rare now), but it also kinda defeats the purpose. Not enough will be bought, I'm wagering, to bring the price down and at those prices even if hundreds are bought nobody will want to sell them for less than several million gold.

And these are most certainly not bargains. I know some people are arguing it's cheaper than trying to win them, but... God, this is just so wrong. I knew it would happen when the whole artificial rarity thing became general knowledge, but it's wrong.

I know people will disagree with me, and I can't think of some amazing bulletproof argument, but I don't like this at all. It's far from a sale, it's far from a bargain, and on top of that the scheduling is all kinds of ******** up.

This is the endgame of artificial rarity. Gaia wants to make things so rare that they can sell them to us at a premium and act like they're doing us a favor. And knowing that... I just... my mind is so full of ******** right now. I didn't think you'd go this low Gaia.

I don't think this is what people were wishing for when they asked for items to be released straight to the cash shop.

Divine Muse

Does Gaia realize that the economy is still quite fragile?

I'd rather shop sears and they have shitty sales.

Cluttered Goat

I agree with you. I am not spending THAT much money on it. I don't care what sort of freebie you MIGHT can get. If I am going to pay that much money for something I would want to wear it, hold, or feed it ('cause I'm sure I can get a pet for that much money, not a dog, unless I buy three of those $50 items.) If I want one of those high prized Items I can just draw for the gold (which is free) =A=
        Plus its more rewarding that way =w=

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I agree. This is just shameful.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Jayce Reinhardt
Does Gaia realize that the economy is still quite fragile?

I'd rather shop sears and they have shitty sales.

I camped out two years in a row for black friday, first year I got a DSi for $150 with an accessory kit and case when the going rate was $200 for the handheld alone, and the second year I got 4 4gb SD cards for $20 total when they were about $20 apiece on a normal day. As you can tell, I haven't camped out in a while... Was going to this year for the tvs (there are some AWESOME tv deals this year) but ended up not having the cash.

That being said, the point of black friday, to me, has been to get unbelievably great prices. These are unbelievable, maybe... but great? No. No sir.

Plus, the people with enough disposable income to actually take advantage probably wont want to skip out on the real sales (or work!) at the times the items are available. I'm sure that some people will buy them, but they seem to have intentionally tried to sabotage the sales via this scheduling?

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Blame Gaia for allowing the artists to make the damn prices for their precious items. As an artist myself who is four hundred times better than any art professor and/or self proclaimed art genius that I have had the displeasure to work with within the past four years, I am horribly appalled by their behaviour with pixel items that pale in comparison to works made with pencil and paper or canvas and paint. Sorry, but just because you have mastered the art of pixel art does not mean you are in the same ranks at Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, or Leonardo Da Vinci. At least their art has some real life value art collectors and museums actually offer to pay for their works and then some. That pedestal they are on is just absurd.

Disclaimer: I highly doubt all artists at Gaia want their items to be stuck with a rarity or price tag that is so insane, but it seems a good majority of them are.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy?
I thought a sale wasthe exchange of a commodity for money, otherwise the action of selling something.

Did you and every other SFer whine about not having CI items in the Cash Shop?

Granted the prices are high, but if you want it, you'll do what it takes to get it.
I know myself that that punk and kiedo are coming home with me!

Rainbow Seeker

I want to know if the "3000" and "2500" Gaia cash prices in the schedule are supposed to be typos. NOTHING currently available in the cash shop costs that much, and these are items that were previously in the cash shop, so why the insane price hike?

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Lady Caprinet
        I agree with you. I am not spending THAT much money on it. I don't care what sort of freebie you MIGHT can get. If I am going to pay that much money for something I would want to wear it, hold, or feed it ('cause I'm sure I can get a pet for that much money, not a dog, unless I buy three of those $50 items.) If I want one of those high prized Items I can just draw for the gold (which is free) =A=
        Plus its more rewarding that way =w=
We're very lucky, we got our cat for free. Someone's cat had a litter of kittens, they fixed all the kittens then shoved them outside- not all of them survived but we saved one and brought her in! She's adjusting very well to housecat life. Gosh, $50 could feed her for like 2 months or more, since she only likes dry food. We wanted to bring in her brother, but he stopped coming around for some reason, we think someone else started feeding him.

*gets all sappy about cute cats*

...Uh, but, cute animals aside, yeah, there are way better things I can spend $50 on. My boyfriend and I can eat out very well for $50. Having less cash has taught me to be rather thrifty, and you learn to make the most out of what you have. The thought of spending $50 on something I can't even touch is just... I could get a new outfit! Or a nice coat! :/ I'm not really feeling it, especially not when it's being billed as a sale.

Divine Muse

Sleepy Anarchy
Reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy?
I thought a sale wasthe exchange of a commodity for money, otherwise the action of selling something.

Granted the prices are high, but if you want it, you'll do what it takes to get it.

I don't normally whine about the cash shop but I do know that I would rather pay my bills, Vet bills, rent, electricity, ETC and try to buy christmas gifts for my family then plunk a wad of cash on one single item. The economy is still fragile and I know lots of people are getting fired left and right.

I just don't find it a sale at all but you are more then welcome to disagree. It is after all just an opinion.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
You don't understand. This is a bargain. You can now actually get the item you want rather than spending oodles of RIG bundles in a feeble attempt to win one of them. This is a guaranteed that not only people will buy it at that price; but it will lower the price of those existing items in the marketplace. People are getting the chance to buy something without the lottery part of it. Buying something for a chance to get something what you want sucks. The prices is a bit steep but suck so much less than winning it.

Rainbow Seeker

Sleepy Anarchy
Reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy?

If you're going to troll, do it somewhere else. If something is "on sale" it means the price has been LOWERED, not raised. When we have a "sale" on turkeys for Thanksgiving, they are 1/3 the normal price, NOT double or triple.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
I don't even understand where the hell they got their prices. Who the hell will pay $30 for a Sweet Porridge?? It's not even a million in the MP! I could pay $10 for a RIG bundle, sell it off and have enough.

$50 for the RIG pets I can kinda understand, since rare collectors rip through $100s of bundles to get them, but they should have a wider selection at least.

Whatever. This in hand with alchemy has made me so disgusted that I've passed disgustedness and achieved nirvana. I no longer care.

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SmurfQueen279
I want to know if the "3000" and "2500" Gaia cash prices in the schedule are supposed to be typos. NOTHING currently available in the cash shop costs that much, and these are items that were previously in the cash shop, so why the insane price hike?

I also want to question this too. 3000 GC for NeoGaia Hero is pushing the envelope too far compared to the slight discount on the Astra Blush (349 GC)

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
SmurfQueen279

Because those items are RIG items. The type of items you have to be lucky enough to win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff