Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Jaden Kazega
Tessa Illyanovich
And what happens if somebody (or class action) successfully sues Gaia and because of all the legal problems, they closed or pending investigation, the site was made to close?
People would be left with no site to go to. Some people actually like this site in spite of the problems. Sure someone wins some legal battle, but in the end, everybody could lose Gaia.

That said, I do hope Gaia does realize that there is something that isn't so kosher with their practices and the marketing need to realize that they need to wise up or they will definitely invite some sort of retribution.

As much as it would suck to lose Gaia, if such a legal battle against Gaia were actually won, it would finally set a legal precedent on the matter of virtual items, services, and currency, to make it so that these sorts of problems become illegal to do on other sites that commit to similar practices in the United States.

This. I joined this site over 11 years ago but at this point I'd rather see it shut down than screwing over its users dishonestly.

Sarcastic Genius

Tessa Illyanovich
And what happens if somebody (or class action) successfully sues Gaia and because of all the legal problems, they closed or pending investigation, the site was made to close?
People would be left with no site to go to. Some people actually like this site in spite of the problems. Better than being cheated blind, etc? Need to score something for the little people? Sure someone wins some legal battle, but in the end, everybody could lose Gaia. That's the ultimate consequence.

That said, I do hope Gaia does realize that there is something that isn't so kosher with their practices and the marketing need to realize that they need to wise up or they will definitely invite some sort of retribution.
Win the fight, possibly lose the site.
Lose the fight, the site gets a little more time while being run into the ground by dirty business.
It's not pretty either way, but that's the way things go sometimes.

Personally, I'm waiting for whatever end befalls Gaia, and have a backup place to go when that time comes.

Thirteenth Rogue

Jayce Reinhardt
Hiallina
Am afraid that they do have enough lawyers to fend off any accusation. Being virtual items created and sold by themselves may make this a little too grey.

Perhaps not as Grey as Gaia thinks it is.

Bitcoins are virtual items as well
Numerous people have already sued over virtual items.
And other countries are starting to regulate virtual items from Games and websites.

It makes sense that America could also follow in this path.

Yeah... but if it does not exist, black on white, at the moment can anyone really claim them at fault? *shrunk* is anyone actually going to try suing GaiaOnline? I wonder if any authority would even look at reports of such malpractice.

And can't they say that... hey, it's just because they are yet to release these items at full price or that no one saw them at full price. It's indeed a very shady and jerk move but... well.. *sigh*

Note that I do hope that they will learn one hell of a painful lesson for doing this kind of stuffs.

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Honestly, with all of the stupid stuff they've been pulling recently and trying to get away with, I hope someone manages to pull attention to it. I hope the law bites them in the butt.

I sincerely want them to realize they're not invincible and immune to negative consequences for all the horrible, dishonest, and cruel things they've done to this site and its userbase.

my thoughts exactly

>_>
Quote:
People would be left with no site to go to. Some people actually like this site in spite of the problems. Better than being cheated blind, etc? Need to score something for the little people? Sure someone wins some legal battle, but in the end, everybody could lose Gaia. That's the ultimate consequence.
gaia is not a special snowflake of a website.
it is not the only forum website with avatars.
it is certainly not the best community either, far, far, far from it.
there is nothing that gaia offers that isnt available anywhere else.

i would be happy to see gaia burn to the ground like the terrible business that it is.
sadly terrible piece of s**t businesses like gaia always seem to find a way to stay open.

Shirtless Pants

14,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
******** seriously. Someone needs to call the Better Business Bureau. Right now. Hell, someone needs to take this to court, it's where this ENTIRE situation on Gaia right now belongs. If they won't listen to us, they'll HAVE to listen to the law. >:L

Shirtless Pants

14,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Honestly, with all of the stupid stuff they've been pulling recently and trying to get away with, I hope someone manages to pull attention to it. I hope the law bites them in the butt.

I sincerely want them to realize they're not invincible and immune to negative consequences for all the horrible, dishonest, and cruel things they've done to this site and its userbase.

OMFG THIS
YES
ALL OF MY YES
Or better yet, have someone write an article on a prominent site about Gaia's antics. Then if they sue over slander, the person can expose 'em.

Bunny

That always, always bothered me! emotion_facepalm

Popular Abductee

This episode of Gaia crashing-and-burning is sure to be a delightful one.

Party Member

User Image

in absence of a <3 button, please accept this emotion_bigheart a my sign of approval. smh

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
DixieKat

The pure arrogance of the people running Gaia these days just astonishes me. They use us, manipulate us, and ignore our feedback; yet we basically pay their salaries. From what I've heard, they actually ridicule the users for being stupid enough to fall for their schemes and scams. It's become crystal clear they have zero respect for us as people. I guess we're just dopamine-addicted lab rats who can't resist buying pixels, and that's just funny as Hell to them.

This makes me think of a lot of governments, corporations, and organizations in real life too. So it makes me chuckle.

Shirtless Sentai

Knight of Britannia
DixieKat
From what I've heard, they actually ridicule the users for being stupid enough to fall for their schemes and scams.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but where did you hear this? Honestly curious.

I want to know, too. I've read through a couple threads where users falsified information about mods or staff saying awful things like that, but no verified true sources yet.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Dunyazade
Knight of Britannia
DixieKat
From what I've heard, they actually ridicule the users for being stupid enough to fall for their schemes and scams.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but where did you hear this? Honestly curious.

I want to know, too. I've read through a couple threads where users falsified information about mods or staff saying awful things like that, but no verified true sources yet.

Yeah... And that's seriously a problem. A LOT of people are angry, but the very last thing we need is people making things up to support their views. It doesn't help anything. At that point it's not a matter of opinion anymore, it's just blatant slander.

And the way people bash on the staff, people who more than likely have no involvement with the decisions and are just trying to do their damn jobs... it makes me sad. They can't really win, and neither can we.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I actually really want some sort of legal action to come up against Gaia. Not because I want the site to die, but because I want to see them have some actual repercussions to their behavior. Mostly directed at the CEO and COO, since they did this. Their sort of behavior should not be allowed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff