Welcome to Gaia! ::

My fiancee got on gaia today and noticed his signature was disabled. He had no clue about the new sig rules cause he hadnt been on gaia in a week or so. In that time he had not noticed the new announcement. He was pretty pissed when he found out that one of the pictures in his randomizer which was 30 pixels over the 500 pixel limit was the cause of him having to give gaia back his well earned 1k. I can understand how this rule will help the mods make gaia a better place. But I believe that instead of automaticly chargeing someone. They should instead give them a warning. For those who do not know of this rule yet. What does everyone have to think about this ?
I agree, that was kinda unfair
Ever since the new rule I've been crusin the CB for sig violation to report.

It's funny to see their reactions.

User Image
Meh.

Don't put in your sig if you don't want consequences.
I posted that in the feedback forum. About how there should be a warning, but nobody wants that first freebie chance thing. -.-''
Most people know about the rule already, and his sig shouldn't have been over the limit.
It's his own fault for not checking.

Liberal Sex Symbol

It doesn't automatically charge you.
You will have the option to reinstate your signature by making a specific selection in your profile.

Depending on the number of your offenses, it'll automatically subtract an exponential amount of gold. but it won't do it unless you okay it.

etc...

---100 is enough of a punishment for newbies to get the hint.
Anything more is just plain ignorance. All users should read the terms of service and rules.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Inscriven
You will have the option to reinstate your signature by making a specific selection in your profile.

Depending on the number of your offenses, it'll automatically subtract an exponential amount of gold. but it won't do it unless you okay it.

etc...

Anything more is just plain ignorance. All users should read the terms of service and rules.

Yes I know this already. He was unaware of the size of the picture. It doesnt make him ignorant. Most artists on gaia know that the pictures to go in your sig must be 500x500 pixels or less. Not everyone has a resizing program or even know they exist. Or if they do know they dont know how to use them.

5,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Fixate
Most people know about the rule already, and his sig shouldn't have been over the limit.

Some of us do have lives outside Gaia. So he can't really be at fault for not knowing right away
Atreides 0
Ever since the new rule I've been crusin the CB for sig violation to report.

It's funny to see their reactions.

User Image
Thats not really funny.... Why would you want to cause someone anger? Why would you laugh at someone getting upset? Its not funny at all. The mature thing to do would be if you wanted rules to be followed is to give the person a chance before you reported them and acctually take the time to PM them and give them a heads up.
I'm wallowing in enjoyment from irony. heart

Liberal Sex Symbol

Nee Nee
Inscriven

etc...

Yes I know this already. He was unaware of the size of the picture. It doesnt make him ignorant. Most artists on gaia know that the pictures to go in your sig must be 500x500 pixels or less. Not everyone has a resizing program or even know they exist. Or if they do know they dont know how to use them.
But it's not the artist's responsibility to make sure their art is signature compliant.
Euthanasia of Sanity
Fixate

Some of us do have lives outside Gaia. So he can't really be at fault for not knowing right away
Knowing the rules has nothing to do with not having a life outside of Gaia, kiddo.
Euthanasia of Sanity
Fixate

Exactly. Not everyone prides themselves in constantly reading the gaia TOS
Nee Nee
Inscriven

etc...

Since when is MS paint hard to use?

Select all>sketch and skew repeat until it is obeying the rules.

Then save into different formats to find the right kb size.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces