Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Lizards, Lamias, Nagas, Mermaids, etc. There's not enough love for the wonderfully scaly creatures that inhabit Gaia.

When I say this, I'm talking more body mods.
Like Body Scales.
User Image
(Click for larger image.)

It also wouldn't hurt for Gaia to recolor the Naga tails from Padmavati's Lotus. >.>

Of course, this is just a suggestion.
What do you all think? o-o All comments, opinions, feedback, etc. is welcomed.

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wow, you really can't see all the detail in the shown image unless you view the full picture. o.o'

Lonely Dragon

Your example is far too small, it wouldn't scale well into actual art. But yes, more lizardy stuff would be nice. I've got a lot of lizard/dino items (black and white Drome eggs, that jewel thing, the prehistoric vials) but they're all off colours and they don't layer well with other items.

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Phovos
Your example is far too small, it wouldn't scale well into actual art. But yes, more lizardy stuff would be nice. I've got a lot of lizard/dino items (black and white Drome eggs, that jewel thing, the prehistoric vials) but they're all off colours and they don't layer well with other items.

The example in the post isn't the original sized picture. Clicking on it takes you to the original photobucket image (still sized down, but it gives the option to magnify it to full size).

Lonely Dragon

Naiyala

The example in the post isn't the original sized picture. Clicking on it takes you to the original photobucket image (still sized down, but it gives the option to magnify it to full size).

I meant in detail. The art here is mostly pixel art, but the artwork in the opening post seems too detailed to make it into pixel art that would fit well on an avatar and not be a blur of colour.

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Phovos

I meant in detail. The art here is mostly pixel art, but the artwork in the opening post seems too detailed to make it into pixel art that would fit well on an avatar and not be a blur of colour.

Challenge accepted. User Image
Gaia has proven through the CrosStitch contests that they can turn detailed artwork into items, not to mention the highly detailed items they've already managed to create. It only takes 3-4 shades of the colors at most to make the scales.
As a pixel artist, I'll give it a shot myself. If I can't get it, then I'll concede my part of the argument. Of course, it'll have to wait until I'm not laying in bed trying to sleep. I'll be back later today with an example.
User Image

Dangerous Man-Lover

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Aw yeah, support. I want more scaly items.

Lonely Dragon

Naiyala
Phovos

Gaia has proven through the CrosStitch contests that they can turn detailed artwork into items, not to mention the highly detailed items they've already managed to create. It only takes 3-4 shades of the colors at most to make the scales.
As a pixel artist, I'll give it a shot myself. If I can't get it, then I'll concede my part of the argument. Of course, it'll have to wait until I'm not laying in bed trying to sleep. I'll be back later today with an example.
User Image

I wish you luck then. I'm awful at pixel art.

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Phovos
Naiyala
Phovos

User Image

I wish you luck then. I'm awful at pixel art.

I used to have a lot of fun with pixel art (I originally started my digital art with pixel art using old ms paint and a mouse), but then I kinda buried myself.
User Image

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Zeitgeist_X
Aw yeah, support. I want more scaly items.

Thank you~ :3

Dangerous Man-Lover

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Sugary Cat

This reminds me of psoriasis confused I guess I have to get used to the idea.

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
MiameMiame
This reminds me of psoriasis confused I guess I have to get used to the idea.

I really wasn't aiming for something like that. Xp

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Phovos

I... may have failed this one. :c
This started off because I have a mule who is supposed to be based on an OC who is a pink Lamia, so I tried pink scales first.
User Image
They don't have the right color "tail" either so I recolored the Padmavati to prove a point and because I want my pink Lamia. XD
User Image

I think it might've worked a little better with green though.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces