• Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Yes they do want to break your heart and they are utter liars! You guys have been used and abused like a used blow up doll.

Question is, have they been lying to us for so long for years?

I know I'm answering out of straight rage right now but yeah it feels like it. Feels like this whole ******** site is owned and ran by trolls now. No wonder I got the replies I did in my thread asking for change in forums like the GD, no wonder MANY of the features around here are left to rot, and that so many members have to keep calling BS on Gaia. I'm just going to log off for a while I can't take this s**t right now.

I don't blame how you feel. You have ever right after putting up with the actions and behavior of attitude with this site for so long. You ma'am, are a strong individual for that. You have my infinite tips.

Thank you. I'm a tad better now but I still pretty much loss all respect for this site.

Your welcome. And that's good to hear.
Well hell they lost your support too. As well as others.
Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if users still continue
To donate and support this site. But thats them so.....

Dangerous Visionary

Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Yes they do want to break your heart and they are utter liars! You guys have been used and abused like a used blow up doll.

Question is, have they been lying to us for so long for years?

I know I'm answering out of straight rage right now but yeah it feels like it. Feels like this whole ******** site is owned and ran by trolls now. No wonder I got the replies I did in my thread asking for change in forums like the GD, no wonder MANY of the features around here are left to rot, and that so many members have to keep calling BS on Gaia. I'm just going to log off for a while I can't take this s**t right now.

I don't blame how you feel. You have ever right after putting up with the actions and behavior of attitude with this site for so long. You ma'am, are a strong individual for that. You have my infinite tips.

Thank you. I'm a tad better now but I still pretty much loss all respect for this site.

I have a pretty nice summary on how we can protest but I don't think its gonna to catch fire. I posted it about twice now....

5,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607

I have a pretty nice summary on how we can protest but I don't think its gonna to catch fire. I posted it about twice now....

I don't think protesting is gonna do anything no offense........

Dangerous Visionary

Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck

Still I think if we actually did get a lot of people to just have one day where a lot of just didn't log in it would send a message.

Quote:
Right it would have to be a total boycott and really people just shouldn't even sign in that day. Just have a day or two when a whole bunch of people just didn't show up. Like with the Sopa blackout. Everyone should just take off all their avatar goods, block all forms of contact, and then don't log in for 24-48 hours. Then the next day or so flood Gaia's HQ with actual emails and even hand written letters. Aim for the heart and mind really.

Of course this is all theory and I know not everyone would be on board and I know I don't have the power nor the influences to get people to do something this grand.

I think Gaia users are just being self-defeatists. We have proved time and again the power we have over this place if we get this snowball rolling we could shake things up a bit. I remember someone posted about Gaia making a million in a month what if Gaia lost a million in a week due members straight up not supporting the site at all.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Already stopped spending and turned on my adblock since the zOMG! news.

Dangerous Visionary

Pilfer von Durem
Already stopped spending and turned on my adblock since the zOMG! news.

But you are still here showing off all your goodies. If we all decided one day to "walk off" the site after taking off our goods. Then Gaia really loses out because activity is low. Ads are important too but its the activity that really hurts. If this site has no eyeballs then they really lose out.

5,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607

Still I think if we actually did get a lot of people to just have one day where a lot of just didn't log in it would send a message.

Quote:
Right it would have to be a total boycott and really people just shouldn't even sign in that day. Just have a day or two when a whole bunch of people just didn't show up. Like with the Sopa blackout. Everyone should just take off all their avatar goods, block all forms of contact, and then don't log in for 24-48 hours. Then the next day or so flood Gaia's HQ with actual emails and even hand written letters. Aim for the heart and mind really.

Of course this is all theory and I know not everyone would be on board and I know I don't have the power nor the influences to get people to do something this grand.

I think Gaia users are just being self-defeatists. We have proved time and again the power we have over this place if we get this snowball rolling we could shake things up a bit. I remember someone posted about Gaia making a million in a month what if Gaia lost a million in a week due members straight up not supporting the site at all.

There is also the question, who is going to be up for that? And how will you know they.will?

Users still log on for their friends, family, guilds, journals, arenas, threads, all that crap. XP
Remember, this site is addicting so its hard to stay off.

It's a good idea but who will.be willingly to do.that and how many compared to the whole userbase (well what's left of it) unless you can make a petition for it.

Worth a try.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Is it? Unless they put us into an equation as "potential buyers/ad browsers" all we are doing is adding stress to their servers and giving nothing back.
By being up front and never letting up, those with different ideas about Gaia eventually start questioning Gaia's practices.

Dangerous Visionary

Lahnahteck

There is also the question, who is going to be up for that? And how will you know they.will?

Users still log on for their friends, family, guilds, journals, arenas, threads, all that crap. XP

It's a good idea but who will.be willingly to do.that and how many compared to the whole userbase (well what's left of it) unless you can make a petition for it.

Worth a try.

Depends on who gets this snowball rollin' some users are super popular around here in many different forums and place. *me not being one of them* However, if I was I would pick the 29th of this month call it the "leap off Gaia" day. I know that Gaia has a lot of users that simply don't care one way or the other. I also know most people have "quit" Gaia at one point or another and I think one day isn't that bad if we are trying to make a point here. I seen the community get outrage enough that the staff had to act quickly. (remember the smoking ban? Or that time when they nerfed the tanks really hard?) All I know is that if people really want to make change they could do it. If we the users can create major events for ourselves why not this? I will be willing to try this but I just know that my influence around here is kind of minimal and I know a lot of people don't take me serious.

5,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck

Worth a try.

Depends on who gets this snowball rollin' some users are super popular around here in many different forums and place. *me not being one of them* However, if I was I would pick the 29th of this month call it the "leap off Gaia" day. I know that Gaia has a lot of users that simply don't care one way or the other. I also know most people have "quit" Gaia at one point or another and I think one day isn't that bad if we are trying to make a point here. I seen the community get outrage enough that the staff had to act quickly. (remember the smoking ban? Or that time when they nerfed the tanks really hard?) All I know is that if people really want to make change they could do it. If we the users can create major events for ourselves why not this? I will be willing to try this but I just know that my influence around here is kind of minimal and I know a lot of people don't take me serious.

Try a petition?

Dangerous Visionary

Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck

Worth a try.

Try a petition?

GCD would be the better place. Since its the community we are talking about not a new item or something.

5,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck
Miss-dark8607
Lahnahteck

Worth a try.

Try a petition?

GCD would be the better place. Since its the community we are talking about not a new item or something.

All I can say is good luck.

Dangerous Visionary

Pilfer von Durem
Is it? Unless they put us into an equation as "potential buyers/ad browsers" all we are doing is adding stress to their servers and giving nothing back.
By being up front and never letting up, those with different ideas about Gaia eventually start questioning Gaia's practices.

They probably do and like I said other people still see your goods and you are still doing things. So they probably still use our numbers even if we do have adblock enable and don't buy anything.

Dangerous Visionary

Lahnahteck
All I can say is good luck.

Thanks. I just believe that the users are what makes Gaia what it is not just "the bottom line". If I have to get the snowball rolling then I will. I know not a lot of people will care but it is worth a shot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff