Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
justwind
Calelith
justwind
I heard of TinierMe but that's irrelevant because they closed down due to "gambling" or whatever it was with Gachas

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

That's not why TinierMe closed down and if it was, the Japanese site still wouldn't be open and wouldn't have still have the Gachas.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

It was a while back but I vaguely heard of why it closed..thanks for the clarity

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

TinierMe basically closed down because the three companies that ran the American version couldn't agree on what to do with it. One wanted an immediate return on what was spent on buying the site, another basically wanted to close down right then and there, and the final company was kinda stuck in the middle.

There's a lot more to it then that, but that's a very general gist.

Not a problem.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Unsealed Muse

5,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Spicy Chai
Saying Gaia is eventually going to die is not a "doomsday" prophecy, it is a fact. Look at what is going on. It would take Gaia years to rebuild the site it once was and it would take a lot of money and community outreach which only money is being taken of.

No, Gaia is falling, and hard. It will die someday, all sites do eventually. It's the cycle of the Internet. Gaia is just speeding that process up.

And we have every right to say Gaia is doomed as much as those who are in their own world saying Gaia is all roses and sunshine. Which Gaia isn't at all. No site is perfect I grant you that but Gaia is a complete mess compared to other sites I'm on.

What other sites are you on.... what other sites are there anyway?

your mom sucks me's Sweetheart

IxBlaccatxI
Spicy Chai
Saying Gaia is eventually going to die is not a "doomsday" prophecy, it is a fact. Look at what is going on. It would take Gaia years to rebuild the site it once was and it would take a lot of money and community outreach which only money is being taken of.

No, Gaia is falling, and hard. It will die someday, all sites do eventually. It's the cycle of the Internet. Gaia is just speeding that process up.

And we have every right to say Gaia is doomed as much as those who are in their own world saying Gaia is all roses and sunshine. Which Gaia isn't at all. No site is perfect I grant you that but Gaia is a complete mess compared to other sites I'm on.

What other sites are you on.... what other sites are there anyway?

I've kinda migrated to recolor.me...it has potential and it's fairly new

Friendly Cat

15,075 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
justwind
Heed the warnings of the users, and stop this.

Before you really go bankrupt...
It's falling apart. Whether it closes or not is anybody's guess. But the Gaia we knew and loved is already dead and gone.

As far as them "heeding the warnings," can you really picture them doing that after over a year of their pigheaded, arrogant and greedy behavior? These are the type of people who would rather see the site crash and burn that to ever admit they were wrong.
gaia is estimated to be worth 30mil. don't matter what happens goldemort is rich either way

Gracious Phantom

24,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Astra Green
People have been saying Gaia is falling apart since Gaia first opened.

Stop with the doomsday predictions, let me tell you something there's nothing supporting it. This is coming from someone who has experienced two site closures where no one knew it was going to happen.

Where donations were the only thing keeping the site open. Where the site owners struggled in keeping it open. Where sometimes the sites would be down for days. If not a week.

Where the owners one day just said ******** it. There's no interest in this community. Let's close it down. Let's start in a different one.

And thus...Shonen Junk and Spirit Detective became no more. Because both were awesome forum sites. Both I will miss.

Gaia's not going under. If it were going to...it would have happened in 2004-2008. When every other anime forum collapsed or started to collapse.

It is quite amazing that Gaia has survived this long where other websites failed. I don't know if it was their userbase or the management that helped to pull them through times of crises.
They've been making some abrupt changes since 2013. I don't expect Gaia to be around for long because that loyal userbase is falling apart (Gaians aren't happy) and the management changed (the two things that probably kept the site afloat before).

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Sounds like it's time to move on! *lifts a briefcase* S'been fun! *hails a taxi*

Lol, all jokes aside, I mean, seriously...I think it'll take a while when Gaia finally falls down and loses its pulse. I'm not saying that it won't die. I'm just saying that I think it won't soon. I'd give Gaia a...I'd say...a couple more years or maybe a little more but not reaching few.

But, who knows, I could be wrong.

Greedy Giver

AKB0048
Fairly convinced that they're intentionally driving the site into the ground so they can raise money for another project or Tentacl.

Do you have any reasoning that could help me understand why on earth they would do this?
Why would driving a major money making forum site to the ground be necessary for releasing new advancements in their company.

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
AKB0048
Fairly convinced that they're intentionally driving the site into the ground so they can raise money for another project or Tentacl.

Doubt they will try to go head first into Tentacl since that site is not doing the greatest in Traffic numbers. It's already on the Gcash life support.

The traffic is too unstable and popularity-wise it's hurting quite a bit or quite a lot. Gaia Online however sprung into a stable mesa of traffic during it's beginning.

Writer

Astra Green
People have been saying Gaia is falling apart since Gaia first opened.

Stop with the doomsday predictions, let me tell you something there's nothing supporting it. This is coming from someone who has experienced two site closures where no one knew it was going to happen.

Where donations were the only thing keeping the site open. Where the site owners struggled in keeping it open. Where sometimes the sites would be down for days. If not a week.

Where the owners one day just said ******** it. There's no interest in this community. Let's close it down. Let's start in a different one.

And thus...Shonen Junk and Spirit Detective became no more. Because both were awesome forum sites. Both I will miss.

Gaia's not going under. If it were going to...it would have happened in 2004-2008. When every other anime forum collapsed or started to collapse.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you. Now, no. Their strategy with the gold generators is retarded. They simply sell a gold gen for a while, then come out with a new one that offers greater amounts. Tell me, how does this NOT eventually result in site closure? Gaia as it was constantly attracted new people. What newbie is going to come here, see 1 trillion prices in the Market for anything half-decent, see the gold generators, and stay here? ALMOST NO PERSON is going to come to a site he or she knows nothing about and start buying tons of Gaia Cash without any attachment to the site. So, their strategies undermine the inflow of new users. Established users get turned off by the same strategy, and the various other marketing sleaze, like selling an item for a certain price and then offering it at 1/2 that a couple weeks later. So, slowly but surely, old users slow down buying and eventually stop buying.

Gaia Cash is basically the only way to get anything decent anymore. The time-honored strategies of questing and posting and playing games for gold don't do squat when new gold-generators inflate prices literally every few days. There was a guy that pointed out that the ToS now has lots of stuff about the site being shut down and Gaia Inc isn't responsible to any of us when it does. HIS THREAD GOT DELETED. Gee, why would you delete perfectly legitimate but extremely embarassing and damaging feedback about the site closing?

No, this site is falling apart. Even if they TRIED to fix it -- which they're not doing -- how do you curb this level of inflation to the point where things are affordable again? I personally don't think this site has a future, unless the whole thing is sold to a new owner who tries to actually run the site in any way other than to milk the poor idiots that still have any faith in it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff