Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I don't think she's being childish. I find it unfair to belittle her since she's giving her feedback. confused Sure, it's fine to disagree, but seriously?

Other than that, I am surprised that it's coming out as full display for some people. It was collapsed with no sound for me regardless of which account I was on.

Dead Hellraiser

*goes to homepage. Banner remains collapsed and with no sound. Fails to see the need for this thread*
:/

Rainbow Saint

13,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
If it's going to autoplay at least have it muted. I hate horror movies and yeah they did this with mall cop and the consensus was that it shouldn't autoplay without at least a mute going on.

Though her wording is done poorly she has a legitimate concern whether or not she spends 10 as an auto or not. I think it's done poorly by not having it muted if they are going to autoplay it on us. Gaia is a business to make profit and if the people whom they're making profit from (aka the customers) believe and speak out against a move they've done they should at least listen. Unhappy customers mean's closed wallets after all.

And the auto cash no ad thing says no third party ads, sponsorships do not fall under third party ads.

Eloquent Conventioneer

Achriya
*goes to homepage. Banner remains collapsed and with no sound. Fails to see the need for this thread*

If that's the case, then they changed it from the time this thread was made, validating my point that it was not supposed to be that way.

Rainbow Saint

13,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
Achriya

When I went to the front page first thing today it popped open without me clicking and autoplayed with sound without me clicking. I'm ok with it popping open but I'm not ok with the sound. It can autoplay all it wants (though people with slower connections will probably have an issue with the autoplaying, there are people who are still on dial up at home after all).

Dead Hellraiser

solarssun
Achriya

When I went to the front page first thing today it popped open without me clicking and autoplayed with sound without me clicking. I'm ok with it popping open but I'm not ok with the sound. It can autoplay all it wants (though people with slower connections will probably have an issue with the autoplaying, there are people who are still on dial up at home after all).

Huh, I don't remember it autoplaying for me this morning, either.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Catalyste
Sponsors aren't part of that deal.

Exactly. Sponsors don't fall under "third-party ads".
But I wanna know is if that's mentioned wherever you go to get AutoCash.

I think I remember that once upon a time those things were muted by default though.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Razumi Yazura
I don't think she's being childish. I find it unfair to belittle her since she's giving her feedback. confused Sure, it's fine to disagree, but seriously?

Other than that, I am surprised that it's coming out as full display for some people. It was collapsed with no sound for me regardless of which account I was on.

It popped out for me when I first saw it, and then it remained closed afterwards.

Eloquent Conventioneer

Awesome McGee
Catalyste

I think I remember that once upon a time those things were muted by default though.

Twice now I've stated that I am aware that sponsor ads are not completely eliminated by autocash use. Twice more now I've stated that I was upset that it opened and began playing automatically, after previous sponsors have been shamed for this. My anger stemmed from Gaia's disregard of previous user outcry, not the fact that I saw the ad at all. I don't want to see it, but I especially don't want to be startled by it.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
One Winged Asuka
Awesome McGee
Catalyste

Twice now I've stated that I am aware that sponsor ads are not completely eliminated by autocash use. Twice more now I've stated that I was upset that it opened and began playing automatically, after previous sponsors have been shamed for this. My anger stemmed from Gaia's disregard of previous user outcry, not the fact that I saw the ad at all. I don't want to see it, but I especially don't want to be startled by it.

Well ********, that's what I get for just reading the first couple posts on each page.

It'd be nice if they muted that s**t again, and made more people aware that sponsors aren't blocked by AutoCash. I see a lot of threads where people seem to be under the impression that sponsor ads are like any other ad on the site.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Awesome McGee
Catalyste

This bothers me. Why is the Autocash promotion page practically non-existent/hidden....and why isn't it's option on the GC purchase page with their terms of use and privacy policy on it? It's not even part of the GC listing under the Shop tab. neutral

Divine Hellhound

You know you can like... Minimize those right? And no, you DO NOT have to have it pop up first in order to do so.

Mine doesn't show at all except a tiny little bar that I am assuming will only show up when I CLICK expand.
I heard no scream when I logged in, I have not seen the trailer... Nothing, zip, nada, zero. And no, I don't pay for cash or anything of the like.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Luckily, I usually keep my sound on mute. But I understand where you're coming from. If Gaia's going to allow movie previews to autoplay, at least have the sound muted.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Automatically played for me when I went to the homepage. Was slightly surprised since I do have adblock on but whatevs. I've no issues with ads 'cause I'm used to all the nonsense staff does with them (personally the smartest thing they ever did with an ad was the text based ad trial from google), but I'm pretty sure you can report auto-playing ads, especially if the sound's not muted. Best get a fix on that guys. *snicker*
I kind of anticipated it playing the video since there was this big thing on the first page and so just paused it immediately after hearing sound. But I didn't hear any scream. It just started at the beginning of the preview/commercial. If I had heard a scream I probably would have jumped and been quite upset.
Now it is minimized until I click it. Is it simply open until you see it the first time or have they changed it?

I think it's kind of weird that the only recent sponsorship I can think of that wasn't some horror film was Muppets. Woman in Black, Walking Dead, now this Silent House.
Why all the horror films anyway?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces