Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Gaidin
Miss-dark8607
Gaidin
Miss-dark8607
Gaidin

Yeah, I saw that. Though for those of us keeping up with the information, none of that is new. And also a small correction: There is no new bait in the update. What he said there was pretty much that the fish/items were indeed already released (Back in December) and as such they are there now for people to enjoy.

As for the landing page and rod(s), well, we know that much from the Coming Soon module. Whether it comes out like it's due to is yet to be seen, so I'll reserve my judgment for the most part until next Monday.

I been out of the loop a bit. I'm kind of miffed about the rod thing as I was looking for just to buy 'em. I didn't really want to work at it and how "good" do you have to be? As I am not serious enough to do the whole top fisher thing.

Considering that the rod defuncts all of the other rods, buying it would make buying any other rod pointless. It was also originally slated to be an epic and long quest on the level of Backwings, so having to earn it was pretty much always the plan.

I think "dedicated" is a better term than "the best" fishers for the rod. Theoretically anyone could earn it; they would just have to put in a lot of time and effort.

Assuming this is the angelic rod we are talking about. Which I hope it is but if it isn't then yeah I would be kind of miff again about it.

Last I remember Lanzer specifically stated that it was the Angelic, and I think it was stated elsewhere too, if edited later when the date kept getting pushed back. Technically the Angelic and it's Plus are two different items, so that could be the extent of the new rods. Maybe not, but we'll see. Realistically it would have to happen today or tomorrow since Friday pushes aren't good (Plus there's the whole EI report) and I don't remember much stuff going out on Mondays.

I hope so too. If it is the angelic rod then yeah I DO look forward in working for it but if this another prank and it's like some different rod. stare Will not be assume comes to mind.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

And a bump with the latest Dev alert pushing this back again.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Neither the landing page not the announcement will provide any functionality that was there before; they are both supernumerary. We can cancel the landing page and do an announcement now if people would prefer.

Grumpy Feesh

Panagrammic
Neither the landing page not the announcement will provide any functionality that was there before; they are both supernumerary. We can cancel the landing page and do an announcement now if people would prefer.

People don't talk much about the landing page 'cause they don't know what to expect and have long been using workarounds to get to the various lakes. Most want the announcement so that everyone can know that the update is out. That and people want to know about the Angelic Rod. Those keeping up with the information know it's not going to be right out there for everyone, but it's a legend pretty much at this point, so people want to know it will finally be out and if possible, how to get it.

Fishing has been long neglected, as you know, but Fishers are patient. However, when deadlines get pushed back over, and over, and over (And most of us know that doesn't mean it's your fault), they get discouraged. This type of thing has happened in the past and took years to be corrected (trophies), so precedent sets the stage.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We had a major update of fishing, with almost everything that people had asked for -- new fish, new exchanges, so on and so forth. The reason the remaining updates got pushed back was because it was felt that we had released the critical stuff, i.e., the actual gameplay. The rest seemed like frosting -- nice, but not critical.

If people don't care about the landing page, I'd much rather just announce now -- we can do that immediately, announce the new rod, and we hit the February date.

Gaidin
Panagrammic

People don't talk much about the landing page 'cause they don't know what to expect and have long been using workarounds to get to the various lakes. Most want the announcement so that everyone can know that the update is out. That and people want to know about the Angelic Rod. Those keeping up with the information know it's not going to be right out there for everyone, but it's a legend pretty much at this point, so people want to know it will finally be out and if possible, how to get it.

Fishing has been long neglected, as you know, but Fishers are patient. However, when deadlines get pushed back over, and over, and over (And most of us know that doesn't mean it's your fault), they get discouraged. This type of thing has happened in the past and took years to be corrected (trophies), so precedent sets the stage.

Grumpy Feesh

Panagrammic
We had a major update of fishing, with almost everything that people had asked for -- new fish, new exchanges, so on and so forth. The reason the remaining updates got pushed back was because it was felt that we had released the critical stuff, i.e., the actual gameplay. The rest seemed like frosting -- nice, but not critical.

If people don't care about the landing page, I'd much rather just announce now -- we can do that immediately, announce the new rod, and we hit the February date.

Gaidin
Panagrammic

Oh yeah, I'll definitely agree that the update was major. There are a couple paragraphs hailing literally pretty much every aspect of it just a bit below the the negative feedback on the delays. Those who have seen the update generally agree it's the best thing since sliced cheese. People just also tend to be torn when it feels "half done".

To be honest, the announcement and the actual release of the new rod are what most people are looking forward to. Whether or not Gaia deems it cool for you guys to do that and then say, push the page next week as currently planned is something I wouldn't know, but that would probably satisfy most people.

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Yeah... I feel like someone just shoved an angelic rod (or ten at once) up my a** repeatedly...

Please just place it in my pixelated hands... So that I might find the will to finish my rare quests and maybe increase my trophy count to 50 or more...

I don't know about others, but I could care less about a new landing page, cause pages get tweaked and changed so often that all that matters is that I can bookmark or use menus to find the pages I want, which to be honest was a bit of pain until the power user menus came to exist. I just want that rod that has been taunting us for ages.... Or at least know what I need to do to get it... Cause if I could know that I've already qualified in some way on at least one of my fishing accounts I might be happy to wait a bit longer...

But really how many months have they been actively taunting us now? Please pour salt in my a** that has now been ripped to shreds... kthx.

----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then
are gobbled up by this vicious carnivorous fish!
HAHAHHAHA! Stupid children...

User Image
Bria_Teragram
Yeah... I feel like someone just shoved an angelic rod (or ten at once) up my a** repeatedly...

Please just place it in my pixelated hands... So that I might find the will to finish my rare quests and maybe increase my trophy count to 50 or more...

I don't know about others, but I could care less about a new landing page, cause pages get tweaked and changed so often that all that matters is that I can bookmark or use menus to find the pages I want, which to be honest was a bit of pain until the power user menus came to exist. I just want that rod that has been taunting us for ages.... Or at least know what I need to do to get it... Cause if I could know that I've already qualified in some way on at least one of my fishing accounts I might be happy to wait a bit longer...

But really how many months have they been actively taunting us now? Please pour salt in my a** that has now been ripped to shreds... kthx.

----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then

User Image

not months years, the angelic rod has been a rumor/promised practically since fishing came out. *at least thats my understanding.* Which was a long time ago.

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
SpatulaofDestiny
Bria_Teragram

----

User Image

not months years, the angelic rod has been a rumor/promised practically since fishing came out. *at least thats my understanding.* Which was a long time ago.

Keyword is actively. Only in the last several months have they actually started giving us 'real' deadlines, even if they keep getting pushed back.

And really before that it was all just rumor, except maybe when fishing first came out back before I even joined Gaia. They talked about maybe doing a large quest at some point and also talked about never actually releasing it...

----

User Image

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Gaidin
Panagrammic

Gaidin
Panagrammic

Oh yeah, I'll definitely agree that the update was major. There are a couple paragraphs hailing literally pretty much every aspect of it just a bit below the the negative feedback on the delays. Those who have seen the update generally agree it's the best thing since sliced cheese. People just also tend to be torn when it feels "half done".

To be honest, the announcement and the actual release of the new rod are what most people are looking forward to. Whether or not Gaia deems it cool for you guys to do that and then say, push the page next week as currently planned is something I wouldn't know, but that would probably satisfy most people.

Wouldn't that then cause problems with people seeing the announcement but not being able to get to the various fishing spots? I know that your announcement in the fishing forum gives links, but that isn't going to stop people from posting threads asking 'how do I get to Port, Durem?' etc.

While I'd like nothing better than to have an Angelic Rod in my hot little hands asap, perhaps the landing page is important enough to wait for it, together with the announcement?

Grumpy Feesh

Erynnis_Tristis
Wouldn't that then cause problems with people seeing the announcement but not being able to get to the various fishing spots? I know that your announcement in the fishing forum gives links, but that isn't going to stop people from posting threads asking 'how do I get to Port, Durem?' etc.

While I'd like nothing better than to have an Angelic Rod in my hot little hands asap, perhaps the landing page is important enough to wait for it, together with the announcement?

Unfortunately you bring up a valid concern, one that I had forgotten amongst the more rampant/voiced issues with Fishing. I keep forgetting about lakes defaulting to Bass'ken, partially because I've had that sticky up for a year and a half (Another issue we've patiently dealt with for the most part), and partially because I use the Poweruser menu. It seems that the Fishers are then stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wonder a bit if that's how the devs are too, waiting on approval to launch the page or something. I'd still prefer to see Gaia meet the February deadline, but that's not our call to make.

Bria's posts do pretty much express how I see a lot of people feeling though. I don't know what's going to happen with the whole deal, but I'll keep waiting for info. When we get it the front page will have praise instead of criticism, but until it's out, people are going to be disgruntled, so that's what will be up front.

Dangerous Visionary

Er well if you enable power menus from Gaia lab you can get a link to all the lakes right in the game header. I know I do. One can also use the old footer and quick links to do it as well.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Miss-dark8607
Er well if you enable power menus from Gaia lab you can get a link to all the lakes right in the game header. I know I do. One can also use the old footer and quick links to do it as well.

I think everyone who currently fishes does know that. The problem will be if the announcement comes up and a whole bunch of 'new' fishers (or old fishers who haven't been fishing recently) who don't know all the workarounds try to go fishing and can't get anywhere but Bass'ken. I'd expect a flood of threads in the fishing forum (and possibly Q&A) about it, if that happens.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
You don't even need to enable the new headers -- all the lakes are linked from the Games page.

Erynnis_Tristis

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff