Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't think avatars really need these new mouths. I'm glad I can wear a big, medium, and small fish hat now, but it's not really worth it. My last chance for a trophy until next year was shot down. Now my dreams trophy dreams are dead, and there's a new mouth, and word bump dancing on its grave. YAY! rolleyes
Ariela Steadfast
Hard_Gay
There was a monthly art competition. Themes were named. Ranks were kept. Prizes were awarded. then fishing came out. The Arena had glitches. The competitions were postponed. Just until the glitches were worked out. honestly. honestly. Gaia kept playing with it's new toy, the fishing, working on new prizes, then on introducing even mroe bugs, workign otu the glitches, announcing the winners.

The art arena NEVER had another competition. There were no more medals rewarded. It had been dropped by Gaia admins in favor of their shiney new toy. Now that fishing competitions have been dropped, honestly, you've probably seen the last of them.

I wasn't here for that occurence. Was there never an announcement to let the people know that it had stopped finally?

I don't think we have seen the last of fishing competition, though the administration may change their minds of course, they updated the items not too long ago. After waiting a six month period for the trophies, they could have ended the competition before now if that's what they chose to do. But they didn't. Our hope is that it's the conventions and such that are taking priority, but we're hoping they can spare a few moments and address our community sometime soon. 3nodding

Nope. there still hasn't been an announcement that the competitions ended. They just kind of left the whole project behind without cluing in the people who were really behind the whole competition thing.
Hard_Gay
Ariela Steadfast
Hard_Gay
There was a monthly art competition. Themes were named. Ranks were kept. Prizes were awarded. then fishing came out. The Arena had glitches. The competitions were postponed. Just until the glitches were worked out. honestly. honestly. Gaia kept playing with it's new toy, the fishing, working on new prizes, then on introducing even mroe bugs, workign otu the glitches, announcing the winners.

The art arena NEVER had another competition. There were no more medals rewarded. It had been dropped by Gaia admins in favor of their shiney new toy. Now that fishing competitions have been dropped, honestly, you've probably seen the last of them.

I wasn't here for that occurence. Was there never an announcement to let the people know that it had stopped finally?

I don't think we have seen the last of fishing competition, though the administration may change their minds of course, they updated the items not too long ago. After waiting a six month period for the trophies, they could have ended the competition before now if that's what they chose to do. But they didn't. Our hope is that it's the conventions and such that are taking priority, but we're hoping they can spare a few moments and address our community sometime soon. 3nodding

Nope. there still hasn't been an announcement that the competitions ended. They just kind of left the whole project behind without cluing in the people who were really behind the whole competition thing.

Thank you for the information, though I think that is rather rude to not let people that it was discontinued. sweatdrop I hope fishing doesn't fall to the wayside as described here.

As Gaidin said...
Quote:
Hard - One problem with your post... The admins just said a month or two ago that they weren't going to discontinue the competition. A mod or two even suggested it, and they were against it.

@Gaidin, again I have to ask, do you think the Q&A Forum gets ahold of the right people that we want to know? Or just more people, on the site itself, informed? I've not noticed that the problems in Q&A are handled quicker and it's really discouraged to have a lot of threads on one subject there too? I'm questioning here, not trying to knock down the idea.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

I find it amusing that mr Hard ignores my post wink

Ariela - Yeah, it's basically about getting seen. Sure, multiple threads are discouraged, but they are everywhere. The only place i've really seen it envorced is ED. Everywhere else people just try to keep up answering, and the bigger the issue the more threads you see. My thought is simply that maybe people will understand it's a bigger issue if suddenly there are enough threads to rival avatar problems, but about fishing.

But to answer your question simply, I think it's some of both, just more of getting more people to see.

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Great. There's a new issue of the newsletter, and not one word about fishing in it. rolleyes

Sith, we're in the same boat. I've been questing to win one of every trophy. I only needed to win one more, the silver junk. But because this month's competition didn't happen I probably won't be able to compete again until June 2007.

I would have been the first fisher to achieve this goal, winning every fishing trophy, and to fail on the last one, not because someone else was better but because no admin could be stuffed pressing a button to start the scoreboard really bites.

9,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
So there's going to be a convention in Baltimore, huh? Or so the the newsletter claims. ninja I'd sure like to go there and let the intense interrogating about fishing begin where they wouldn't have anywhere to run or hide, but I wouldn't have 2 weeks notice for calling out of work. gonk Gah... Stupid work and intensely strict managers on enforcing work policies. whee
I loved fishing when I started Gaia. But due to life, I was absent for quite a while. I left when fishing still had the one player option. I came back to a new site, and a lot of glitch chaos. I was a newb again. Heck, I must say that was a hard blow to take, to find the things I love about the place replaced so quickly and glitched.
And the lack of reply and repair is pretty frustrating as well.

I think perhaps Gaia is moving on to the new a little to fast, and forgetting the old and what made Gaia worth it in the first place.
Will there be a convetion in the New York area? NYC's a pretty big place, sounds like a good idea for a place to have a convention... especially since I'm only an hour away from it and could go have a little, uhh, chat with someone.

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bumped again.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

*Sigh* I suppose today or tomorrow i'll try poking again, including a link to this thread, and see if it get's any response whatsoever. The last PM I sent got no reply at all...
Oddly enough the new newsletter has something in there about botting sure its something i already know but it had something. And alot of people where getting scared about it so they said something about it. So i think this thread will go no where fast but with a couple more perhaps we can get an annoucement about it saying something we already know but at least that would mean they looked at it.
Fishing competitions, trophies...who cares? What Gaians REALLY want is the ability to change their mouth!

stressed

9,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lmao... Two of them damn session errors in a row and my windows almost seemed to have closed almost instantaneously when they popped up... stare I'm losing out on lots of FISH AND GOLD HERE! AND I'M GETTING QUITE IRRITATED WITH THE LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY GOING ON THEIR PARTS ABOUT THIS! scream I sure hope this'll be fixed by next month. I should certainly like an admin or someone to read this and give me at least 5 good reasons and not some lame-brained excuses as to why I should continue to donate to Gaia when the very thing that I love most and attracts me to Gaia is busted horribly like this. stare 3nodding Why should I donate to a site that continues dishing out new features and stuff that are likely to create errors on top of existing ones like fishing, and run by people who show lack of responsibility and lack of interest in the fishers, and who apparently have no plan of sorts about all this crap? Makes me think my money is being wasted on this site. *Waits and tries fishing... ... ...again stare *
I spent 2000 on a really cool cat tail and it doesn't show up in the fishing game even though halos and such do. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff