Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Smoker

12,625 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Streaker 200
I am looking at all the posts in site feed back and petitions, And I always wonder..
Does Gaia actually takes the time to read all of the site feed backs/petitions? Do they actually care enough to see what we have to say about this site?
Honestly, I think that they just ignore this side of gaia, because they haven't been working on anything, the only change I've seen is the GC shop constantly, and that theyve only spend their time on that. On the side of that it feels like Gaia has been running out of item ideas, considering theyve been re adding everything in the GC and also making re-colours of everything, or the same item but differently made. /:
Mods an Admins never respond anymore so allow me to answer your question.

Naw, they don't give a damn, lol. xp

Tipsy Sex Symbol

I doubt they care anymore. When was the last time the admins participated in the forums or events? They recently changed the ToS. I think they're just trying to milk the site and close it down

Quote:
Modification of these Terms. Gaia reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site with or without notice to you. Gaia will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the Site. Gaia reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the Website. Please check these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. Your continued use of Gaia Online after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the Site.

Friendly Smoker

12,625 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Streaker 200
Terepanda

I feel so bad for the people who put so much effort in their posts, getting people to sign, etc.
when the admins, mods, probably ignore them all.
I bet they do look, but they just lol at the posts, because like you said, they don't give a damn. xD lol
no, gaia does not care.
people should really stop asking if gaia cares.
they havent cared for a long, long time.
they will not stop releasing gold generators.
they will not stop increasing the amount of gold you can win by the millions/billions/trillions.
they dont care that the marketplace is irreversibly destroyed.
they only thing they care about is $$$, and as long as idiots continue to give it to them they will not care about the peasant user.

Dangerous Lunatic

Pretty sure Gaia stopped giving a flying ******** quite some time ago.
[ - Kakashi - ]
I doubt they care anymore. When was the last time the admins participated in the forums or events? They recently changed the ToS. I think they're just trying to milk the site and close it down

Quote:
Modification of these Terms. Gaia reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site with or without notice to you. Gaia will not be liable to you or any third party if we elect to exercise our right to discontinue the Site. Gaia reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the Website. Please check these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. Your continued use of Gaia Online after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, then your only recourse is to discontinue using the Site.

That section has been in the ToS forever and doesn't mean anything about Gaia closing.

I really wish this wasn't spread as a reason that Gaia "doesn't care". You are stating something from the ToS that is not new.
It's been obvious to me since last year that they don't care.

In April 2013 when they laid off all those wonderful staff like Panagrammic, they ripped the heart and soul out of Gaiaonline, and they also lost most of the professionals who used to run this site with intelligence and concern for the users. Some of the remaining staff actually helped the new CEO and COO to destroy this site in the name of greed. One in particular (whom I won't name) even bragged about how everything going forward had to earn its production cost, and how they couldn't "justify" fixing anything like guilds unless there was a way to monetize it. So after this new agenda of greed took root, Gaiaonline started to deteriorate, to the point where now, it's just a shadow of its former self and nothing but a vehicle for the corporate suits to make money out of selling pixels and gold generators to all the idiots still dumb enough to buy these things. More and more users are wising up every day, until one of these days, the money will dry up. I expect they will close the site at that point, with no notice whatsoever, because they won't want to admit they have failed. And the sad part about it is: This site could have lasted for years -- maybe even decades -- if they had just focused on the community and what made Gaia popular in the first place. But instead, they sold out for some quick cash, and their greed and lack of ethics will be the downfall of Gaiaonline.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Terepanda

Mods do respond. I see them come into threads often. But mods are volunteers. They have no control over what Gaia does.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Zadfrack

In April 2013 when they laid off all those wonderful staff like Panagrammic, they ripped the heart and soul out of Gaiaonline, and they also lost most of the professionals who used to run this site with intelligence and concern for the users. Some of the remaining staff actually helped the new CEO and COO to destroy this site in the name of greed. One in particular (whom I won't name) even bragged about how everything going forward had to earn its production cost, and how they couldn't "justify" fixing anything like guilds unless there was a way to monetize it. So after this new agenda of greed took root, Gaiaonline started to deteriorate, to the point where now, it's just a shadow of its former self and nothing but a vehicle for the corporate suits to make money out of selling pixels and gold generators to all the idiots still dumb enough to buy these things. More and more users are wising up every day, until one of these days, the money will dry up. I expect they will close the site at that point, with no notice whatsoever, because they won't want to admit they have failed. And the sad part about it is: This site could have lasted for years -- maybe even decades -- if they had just focused on the community and what made Gaia popular in the first place. But instead, they sold out for some quick cash, and their greed and lack of ethics will be the downfall of Gaiaonline.

Not all the best staff members were laid off in April 2013. Uncle Kenny was also a great staff member who stayed with us until February of this year, when he left for a better job (he was the last person who kept the line of communication open between staff and users). L0cke and Ling also weren't laid off, but they left for better pastures around August-October.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I am Fin
Terepanda

I feel so bad for the people who put so much effort in their posts, getting people to sign, etc.
when the admins, mods, probably ignore them all.
I bet they do look, but they just lol at the posts, because like you said, they don't give a damn. xD lol

Mods are volunteers. They have absolutely no control what Gaia does. neutral Don't attack the mods for something that they have no power over. Mods aren't considered staff anymore by paid Gaia staff (I remember that's what a mod said), but I always see them going into hard-hitting threads that paid staff members like admins won't go into.

Yukina101's Partner

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm more concerned about the fact in the Site Feedback there are tons of gems for Gaia Marketing here from GaiaCash spenders or potential GC buyers who are straight out saying "Hey Gaia if you had (insert whatever asked for here) I would buy it (even with GC) in a heartbeat". Isn't that the dream for a company to have your customers say: sell this and I will buy. stare

I could probably list ten different major GC ideas that wouldn't be that hard for them to pull off if they wanted to. All of which have been stated in the site feedback forum at least once. Where did they find their marketing team, seriously? It is scary to think about.

Impassioned Misfit

As a whole, no, Gaia doesn't give any shits unless something is profitable for them.

And even then, they don't care. They're stuck in their ways like a ********. People have pointed out ad nauseum that their sales would be better if they slowed down, if they didn't spam us to hell, etc. But Gaia doesn't care enough to listen.

Enduring Star

Zadfrack

i agree with the bold statement i have inserted in your text, the staff that made this website amazing was laid off but the others who worked as hard bared with the site and left when they had enough of this madness...now all we have left are gg and lame a** recolored a thousand times items, they just keep pushing others buttons, and really the last gold sink infuriated me----paying for them to work on manga, now this whole new gofusion feature, i like the items inside, and think it was good to place hearts inside the caches where is works as a gold sink to a point, but here we have the diamonds almost impossible to obtain without selling all your items you quested for for months or buying with real money....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff