Welcome to Gaia! ::

UPDATE: Hey, we kinda did get sea kittens! They're kikis and cocos and they live a long time, buuut... All in favour of celebrating a minor victory? surprised

YET MORE WIN: Hermit Cats in the daily chance and a kitty shaped catfish for sale! Far more like what I had in mind. Thanks, Gaia! I look forward to hearing the hermit's questionable political views!

Currently, PETA are launching a... questionable campaign to do away with the word "fish" and replace it with "Sea-Kitten", the thought being that naming them something so cutesy will dissuade people from fishing (or kittening) or otherwise eating 'em. All it's succeeded in doing is making me laugh and wanna go eat Sea Kitten and Chips.

The images PETA used remind me alot of Gaia Aquariums. They've tried to make fish look cartoony and cute, and also dressed them up with random cat-based apparel.

User Image

I think it would be super funny if Gaia made their own Sea Kittens, especially if they had a bad life expectancy (srsly, all the "bedtime stories" on the PETA site end up with the fish dead or insane in 3 pages or less.) Obviously, I don't want Gaia to support PETA or their crazyness in any way, so spoofs ahoy?

What better excuse to make a Kiki or Coco fishie? xd Generic, sickly looking Sea Kitties would be better. Maybe you could get an octopussycat too? surprised

Older Seakitten News!
User Image
Proud seakitten supporter TehDarkling achieved 4th place in the avatar arena with his Seakitten inspired entry! Truly these moggies of the deep can only bring joy to Gaia as well as our dinnerplates!
heart

ALSO: Thanks Mindset for mentioning this thread in Ask the Admins!
Mindset
Woot!
From here:

crazy spork i am
Mindset
Oh, and one more question to the Aquarium devs: Have you seen the suggestion thread about Sea Kittens? It would be really fun if it came true. smile

hehehe, how interesting. i'm currently working on adding a few more fish and i'm conceptualizing ones that are similar in idea... ninja

heart heart heart

If you support the thread (courtesy of PinkXxKiss) ;

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/t.46851077_1/][IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/callmebarry/Banners/SeaKitteh.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/t.46851077_1/][IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/callmebarry/Banners/SeaKitteh2.png[/IMG][/url]

--&Please check out my Aquarium! Darko's sea kittens Whiskers and Bubbles need your love! <--
Lol, I am all for making fun of PETA. I support this idea, but I think it is very unlikely that is will be done. Still, I love the idea. ^^
Ooh, an octopussycat would be AWESOME! Ha, they could be really cheap, like 5 cash, and live for a week.

Though I don't think it should be the reason to make Kiki and CoCofish. I'd rather like those to be nice, happy, and live for several months. But I'd actually use cash to buy some Sea Kittens.

Ghostly Elder

It would be rather funny to see. Hell, if they did that and they were put in Phin Phang, I'd buy them. xD

Adorable Trash

I'd actually consider spending real cash on a seakitten or two if they were added. PETA's latest silliness deserves a light jab.

All in good fun, of course.

Romantic Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Woot Sea kittys. I love to buy one.
edit: octopussycat xd
I would join the ranks of the amused gaians with a couple of sea-kittens myself. whee

Ridiculous idea that can lead to a very cute item! A+ job on that, PETA! xd
just_josh4444
edit: octopussy xd

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

xd xd xd xd

My computer would like to thank you for making me spit water on the monitor.

Romantic Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sylvanas Nerwen
just_josh4444
edit: octopussy xd

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

xd xd xd xd

My computer would like to thank you for making me spit water on the monitor.
No problem.
Klim
I'd actually consider spending real cash on a seakitten or two if they were added. PETA's latest silliness deserves a light jab.

All in good fun, of course.

I'd be tempted too. xd Its not a feature I use currently due to the whole cash/expiry thing, but something like a Sea Kitten tends to have the average lifespan of Kenny in South Park. Sell it nice and cheap and kill it in a week, I'd buy one for a laugh. xd
moresugarthanspice
Ooh, an octopussycat would be AWESOME! Ha, they could be really cheap, like 5 cash, and live for a week.

Though I don't think it should be the reason to make Kiki and CoCofish. I'd rather like those to be nice, happy, and live for several months. But I'd actually use cash to buy some Sea Kittens.

True, but I guess they could be released at the same time as other sea kittens. More expensive, like the deluxe model. xd

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I would definately have to go for this! rofl

Awsome job OP!

O.G. Guildsman

Epic win, my friend. Were Gaia to make sickly seakittens, I'd buy them for the lulz. As of right now, I don't even use my aquarium, cause of all the bull with the buying of fish with GCash, but I'd seriously get some seakittens for my tank. I can has sea kitty?

Invisible Cat

rofl rofl rofl I sooo would love that!!!
It probably isnt easy to swim when you have a heavy, wet cat fursuit on your back and covering your gills. Plus, as it thinks its a cat, and cats eat fish, its probably not gonna last long before it starves or eats itself. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff