Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Scobre
I did send you a private message recently about this, but since the tutorial for zOMG! is very confusing and it's expensive right now to make a new tutorial, could the zOMG! forum get a sticky for FAQ for new players? Another game I play called AIKA has a beginner's guide for their players, so thought it would be a great thing to have for the Gaia community. Sometimes people from papa saw area and beyond don't even know what the rage bar does or is. So usually players start zOMG!, they rage quit the game early because they get frustrated and don't know what to do next or when they treat buffs and heals like attacks for shallow seas.

Thanks for the post! I'm all for a new player tutorial for zOMG! and putting the info in stickies. I was actually hoping to get help from the zOMG! community to do this since clearly, many of you have a lot of experience that could be super helpful! But yes, we can do that biggrin

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
I have to say, nicely done, and looking forward to the changes. At this time, I have no suggestions concerning the forums. I lurk more then post anyway, so... my experience wouldn't be as 'bad' or 'experienced' or however you want to say it compared to someone that posts all of the time. However, If I do come up with any, I will either post again and/or edit this post.

Thank you for the heads up staff, I'm really liking the communication between users and staff. It's really showing...er, more towards the public eyes anyway.

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
First of all: General Discussion
Why rename it? just make a sub forum for it
there is no need to rename the whole forum when only a sub forum is suggested

Second: As i understand Art Freebie's and Art Contests would be in a Picture Post forum
Art Shops and Art Auctions
Are shops where gold or items is exchanged for art of OC's, Fursona's, Avatars and everything else
They should stay where they currently are or they should have their own sub forum in the exchange
Though tagging along with them in that would be;
Pixel Shops, Banner Shops, Sign Shops, Gif Shops, Et cetera.

The rest of the changes i don't really see a problem with and think the merging of forums that are similar is a good idea just be sure its similar threads and not just a name or you'll have a lot of angry gaians after you.

Manly Regular

Wireless Aids
Merge the CB + GD.
It's the same these days anyways.

gurl you cant mix oil and water exclaim

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Well, I don't need a faq to tell me what to do with the Sponsored Offers, and constantly being told to read the faqs and getting my posts deleted and possibly warned... I already have too many problems with sponsored offers, and that is my only way to get Gaia Cash... my parents don't let me buy Gaia Cash with money cause they think it's a waste. DON'T CLOSE DOWN SPONSORED OFFERS FORUMS AND REDIRECT OUR QUESTIONS OF HELP TO FAQS! MOST OF US HAVE VARIOUS ISSUES THAT CANNOT BE FIXED EXCEPT BY REPROGRAMMING THE SPONSORED OFFERS! THEY (THE SPONSORED OFFERS OWNERS) NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BUGS IN THEIR SYSTEM!!!

Stellar Succubus

How about renaming the Questions and Assistance forum to Gaia Questions and Assistance, to better reflect that the forum is specifically for questions about Gaia? There's a lot of confusion about that one by people who post there.

Including links in that forums sticky or creating a general info sticky to direct people to places where they'll receive better help like the computer forum, avatar talk and bug reports and technical support.

Maybe even a commonly asked questions sticky? Would there be time for mods to update that on a regular basis?

Cheers!

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Certifiably Psychopathic
Ellili
But there is a huuugggeeee difference. The people that hate CB and prefer to stay in GD put junk that doesn't promote discussion at all into the GD. Us in CB have stuck to the CB and keep our junk where it belongs. Not only that but when I've gone to GD they troll wayyy more and it seems impossible to have a logical discussion with anyone there, despite that being the purpose of their forum.
not true alot of people who hate cb go elsewhere I live in artshops and charitys. I have a few threas i visit because friends are there in cb. But i tend to sway away from it

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Ok everyone!

I have been up since 4 am and have to head home now! If I don't respond immediately tonight, it's because I need some food and sleep gonk Please don't panic or think I am ignoring you! I'll be looking at this thread regularly over the next week or so, so I'll go through posts and responding on an ongoing basis.

Just letting you know so you don't feel ignored if I don't get to your post/question immediately.

Be well and keep the feedback coming!
Sisky

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Ratttking
I suggest eliminating GD entirely. If they wish to have lengthier discussions, there is already a forum for that: Extended Discussion, and the rest of the threads can easily go in the Chatterbox.
they really dont have amny of those thouh its mostly pic drops and spam. with trolls. sweatdrop

Amateur Noob

Ellili
Certifiably Psychopathic
Ellili
But there is a huuugggeeee difference. The people that hate CB and prefer to stay in GD put junk that doesn't promote discussion at all into the GD. Us in CB have stuck to the CB and keep our junk where it belongs. Not only that but when I've gone to GD they troll wayyy more and it seems impossible to have a logical discussion with anyone there, despite that being the purpose of their forum.
not true alot of people who hate cb go elsewhere I live in artshops and charitys. I have a few threas i visit because friends are there in cb. But i tend to sway away from it
I meant fellow gaians that wanna post nonsense which wouldn't belong anywhere else. A lot of those GDers end up posting it there rather than the CB where it belongs. And they're much more full of hate drops, trolls and junk than the CB. I think it all started years ago when the life issues subforum was moved out of there. They saw it as instantly being a less serious place and over the years the junk and trolls piled up where they didn't belong.

Wolf

Like others have mentioned, I would dearly loved if we were given the opportunity to delete any unwanted threads that we've created.

Perhaps some sort of limit could be set to prevent the overload of servers or whatever?
Let's say the thread has to be over a certain number of days old before it could be deleted?

Ehh, just a suggestion but I would really appreciate this option if we were given it.

EDIT
And though this is really a minor issue for me, perhaps the "Preview" part of the post could be fixed?
You see, the preview is slightly different from how the actual post will look like.
When I'm coding, this is a real drag because I hit preview, make an estimate of how to adjust the coding, submit, re-edit, and repeat and it just takes awhile longer.

Again, not that big of an issue but it'd be nice if it were fixed.

Amorous Firestarter

Cunning Prophet

8,625 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Whew man. Gonna be fun keeping track of all the forums I visit now. emotion_8c

but over all, the current layout of the forums/subforums IS a bit messy. emotion_donotwant I Suppose it would be nice to kind of 'compress' them, so to say.
Long overdue

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces