Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nimble Explorer

I'd like to take a moment to disagree with the posts saying that the Word Games subforum doesn't belong in CB: I personally think it works just fine there.
Just so long as the Lord of the Rings subforum stays, I'm happy.

Clean Member

That first part about not wanting to combine CB GD.... hilarious.

Witty Nymph

SO excited that Avatar Talk is going to be easier to find now! 4laugh One of the biggest things to do on Gaia is play with your avatar, so having that forum be more than just a sub-forum will be awesome!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
_KillercoasteR_
Can you possibly, 'delete' very old gaia accounts that have been unused and untouched since 2003, please?

There are a lot of people having hard time making new usernames and can't use a word or names they want because all the 'normal' usernames are taken. Nearly all of them.

With untouched I mean the avis looks like starter newbies that never ever logged in. There must be like over 6000 or more of those accounts not active since that year.

It sucks for me when I try to change my username into something very simple without having changing a letter into something to look very similar to the original. (for example if I wanted to use 'Fall' with letter 'L', I'd have to use an 'i' to make it look like the original word)

I hope this would caught your eye and give you ideas. Because I don't really see anyone discussing this problem.

read the FMI sticky. Gaia will never ever delete old and unused accounts on the chance that people may come back years later (and many have).

Fanatical Zealot

...i dont know what to write in this....but i'll just post this...
when will the zombie events come back?
like previous years?

Liberal Reveler

9,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Now, it would be awesome if we could have an update to the Adventure Time forum. Get rid of the contest threads. It's sad, because people are still posting the them. sad

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

i hope they can let us delete our own forum threads...

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Missed not being able to trick or treat in the towns this year cry cheese_whine cheese_whine

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
[Alphabravo]
Please do NOT merge original poetry with the original prose forums. They are very very different atmospheres, and it would harm the overall writing community to merge the two. The OP/L (original poetry/lyrics) is a critique forum. People post poems, and receive criticism in hopes of helping their work grow. The OP (original prose) is more of an archive forum. Criticism is rare. People post parts of ongoing stories here, but the sort of blunt and formal criticism that the OP/L specializes in just doesn't happen on the OP.

Please please please don't make this change. You will not only be destroying the cultures of two writers' forums, you'll be doing deep harm to one of the few places on the internet where poets can go to get honest critique of their work from other poets who actually do know their stuff. Diluting that with prose stories that don't want or need the same expertise or criticism does harm to both the prose writers and the poets who honestly want to improve.

Merging those two subforums is a really REALLY REALLY bad step. Please, please don't do it. It's not as simple as merging all the 'original writing' on gaia into one forum. It means combining a pretty tough critique forum (OP/L) with a forum that's more for posting and reading (OP). You just shouldn't do it, for the same reason that you resist combining the CB and the GD. They're two totally different cultures.

Please don't do it.

Extremely well said. The damage to both forums-- woud be difficult to impossible to overcome. The two types of writing are entirely different as well, and the two cultures (subcultures) of the writing forums really do require two separate environments or rooms.
celeste

Trash Genius

merge cb and gd
make art shops a top level forum

thank you for moving the avatar talk up!

Klassic Kiki's Compadre

Gekko

siskataya
User Image

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
                                                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                    why so srs?

i don't know if you've addressed this already,
                                                      but please don't remove our old threads.
                                                      i mean, the ones without visible posts would be fine, I suppose.
                                                      but I have threads I don't post in, but edit the posts so they don't bump up.
                                                      i can understand the ones from 2003 that don't have posts in them,
                                                      but to remove ones that have posts in them would make a lot of users upset.

getcho crayon

Profitable Prophet

The CB is a fine and dandy place, but for all purposes, doesn't seem like the best location for the Word Games forum.

Chat is usually discouraged in the Word Games forum, and low-content posts are generally frowned upon. In many of the classic WG games, like Battledome, Dear Diary, or Let's Be Honest, multiple paragraphs are generally expected. The CB is great, but the very nature of the forum, which is fast-paced and light, would have a negative affect on the quality of the games.

Kitten

will you allow us to delete our old threads?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff