Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
OP does have a very good point. Exactly what I said would happen if Gaia did this without altering the original alchemy formulas first is slowly but surely starting to happen. People who use these charms to make the gofusion items shouldn't be screwed over by alchemy users, and vice versa. OP has the same concern alchemy users had when staff put heart charms in philosopher's caches.

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shin~The ladle monster!
I will admit I thought they'd release an announcement or staff update by now.

which is the one of the main points I'm upset about ); is the lack of info or explanation so it has unforseed effects. i can deal with the fact that i was wrong in my market predictions, but it seems unfair that half the market knew and the other half was left in the dark.

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shin~The ladle monster!
I am actually glad to see the alchemy bundle introduced to GoFusion, as I believe it was something users asked for in AtS last week. I believe Gaia mentioned they had been considering trashing alchemy altogether, which was met with a huge outcry from the alchemy community... which I get, since the way I understand it is that the users who have devoted time to alchemy have had to devote an insane amount of time and funds on the formulas, items, and levelling up to be able to use the formulas they want.

However, I do see your point as well. I think the inflation of star charms wasn't intended, but is a very real side effect of this item. I think you're absolutely right in saying that they should just increase the drop rate of star charms a little to combat this, because I'd hate to see the item removed. Or, maybe they could make it cost double the amount of heart charms or somethingn instead. (I can't really comment on how balanced the costs of things in GoFusion are... I am just hoarding any charm I get and waiting for something I absolutely love to show up in there.)

Also, Gaia is known to release items well before their corresponding announcements. It happens in the cash shop all the time. Give it a few hours and I suspect we will see the announcement popping up. Since it is something users asked for, Gaia will probably be all over flaunting it to show how good of a job they are doing. XD

i have no problem with the actual item, its just the execution and the side effects. by no mean should they take it away, they just need to make sure that the economy will still stay balanced in the aftermath. that is my only fear. they need to coincide, not cannibalize each other.

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Andromeda Phoenix
OP does have a very good point. Exactly what I said would happen if Gaia did this without altering the original alchemy formulas first is slowly but surely starting to happen. People who use these charms to make the gofusion items shouldn't be screwed over by alchemy users, and vice versa. OP has the same concern alchemy users had when staff put heart charms in philosopher's caches.

im glad im not alone in my concerns. heart

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
asylum lane
I was excited for the alchemy bundle when I saw it as well but was immediately deterred when I saw it required 15 star charms. I can't afford to buy charms, so it takes me a long time to collect that many so it makes sense that they inflated so quickly.

well the problem up to this point is that stars were the bottom of the barrel charms, and had less listing. now they are in made to be in high demand, without any balance. its just concerning

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have a tissue
Alchemy was already beaten to a pulp when the Management started putting items that were exclusive to Alchemy into RIGs and GoFusion. That rendered the feature almost useless as a means to get these items because the power of the almighty dollar compelled Gaia to do so.

Since that is the case, even if they kept Alchemy it would need a big update so people have something new to work for.

The worst thing they could have done was cross these two features. I won't use GoFusion because I don't care for the menial lineup of ridiculous items that are mostly old RIGs, nor will I ever buy the charms. I give my charms away.

As far as "value" is concerned, the first thing that comes to mind is "Get GoFusion out of my Alchemy." The value of the charms is the least of the concerns considering one charm used to be the price of some really awesome items.

i would love to see alchemy get a makeover! my biggest concern for the whole system though is that they don't use items that can be replenished into the economy. without that the whole system will always super inflate. if alchemy went with items that were replenish able but maybe still challenging to get i see no reason why i would not work wonderfully. like if they used rare trash items or something of that nature. maybe other game items you can achieve so that it would revive playing them (and a gold adjustment is well over due)

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
So I myself am very big on go fusion and charms, alchemy? Not so much. So when this fusions pack was introduced i did not see the big deal. After a while I realized it was good for the alchemy lovers, but bad for fusion goers. I was extremely upset that there was absolutely no announcement for this addition, so I had no idea what was going on till it was too late. This one item has led to inflation on star charms specifically sice there is no way to get them from anywhere but daily chance, unlike heart charms where you can get them from philosophers cache. This means every othe r item that includes star charms instantly become less profitable. The worst thing for me is that I sold most of my 3,000 star charms in the beging updraft because I had thought it was a natural 3 hour updraft the market goes thru every day and I needed a bit of gold. I found out way too late that the market was not going to be going back down because this new, unannounced item was added.
This is really going to screw the go fusion circuit in the end unless you add some way to get star charms as "easily" as hearts. Either put them in the caches like the hearts, or charms should definatly be included in zomg when that is brought up to speed. There could ever be a way to craft charms from trash items. Just some way to obtain these charms that would combat this inflation that has been brought to the fairly stable charm market, please. I don't mind having a way for alchemists to get their things but I don't want to feel like they are infecting the charm market.

They need to introduce the other part of the plan which is making formulas for the charms so they can be crafted in alchemy emotion_donotwant

you know what? i am all for this plan. if they are going to intermingle things then they need to make each side support each other, not make things seem like a bit of an invasion.
i feel like they may need to take a step back and seriously consider a way to fix this problem and make alchemy and go fusion work together. but this seems like a poorly thought out "here we will give you why you want look we tried!" kind of thing and not a well panned out path to healing for alchemy, though it is in the right step

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
So I myself am very big on go fusion and charms, alchemy? Not so much. So when this fusions pack was introduced i did not see the big deal. After a while I realized it was good for the alchemy lovers, but bad for fusion goers. I was extremely upset that there was absolutely no announcement for this addition, so I had no idea what was going on till it was too late. This one item has led to inflation on star charms specifically sice there is no way to get them from anywhere but daily chance, unlike heart charms where you can get them from philosophers cache. This means every othe r item that includes star charms instantly become less profitable. The worst thing for me is that I sold most of my 3,000 star charms in the beging updraft because I had thought it was a natural 3 hour updraft the market goes thru every day and I needed a bit of gold. I found out way too late that the market was not going to be going back down because this new, unannounced item was added.
This is really going to screw the go fusion circuit in the end unless you add some way to get star charms as "easily" as hearts. Either put them in the caches like the hearts, or charms should definatly be included in zomg when that is brought up to speed. There could ever be a way to craft charms from trash items. Just some way to obtain these charms that would combat this inflation that has been brought to the fairly stable charm market, please. I don't mind having a way for alchemists to get their things but I don't want to feel like they are infecting the charm market.

They need to introduce the other part of the plan which is making formulas for the charms so they can be crafted in alchemy emotion_donotwant

you know what? i am all for this plan. if they are going to intermingle things then they need to make each side support each other, not make things seem like a bit of an invasion.
i feel like they may need to take a step back and seriously consider a way to fix this problem and make alchemy and go fusion work together. but this seems like a poorly thought out "here we will give you why you want look we tried!" kind of thing and not a well panned out path to healing for alchemy, though it is in the right step

Mhmm so you dont really have to spend money on charms if your cant, and not just rely on the DCs or the MP for them

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Virgo Whiskers
I'm actually really happy about this. Yes, it will drive up the prices of star charms, but that's just the natural way of a free market. Any time they release something new for GoFusion, the price of the charms will increase. Does it suck that you could have made more off them, sure, but it's not like someone forced you to sell them right then.

please understand its not about "oh boy i could have sold them for more! shucks!" kinda thing.
what I'm upset about is lack of broadcasted information. during any time i was selling charms i had no idea there was a go fusion update, which is why i was hoarding charms. had there been an announcement or staff update when this appeared i would not have sold my charms at all, because a new event was what i was saving my charms for. its my fault for not figuring it out sooner, but their lack of announcement has really irked me stressed
yes i voluntairly sold my charms, but its the misinformation that lead me to decide to do so that i dislike.

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles

Mhmm so you dont really have to spend money on charms if your cant, and not just rely on the DCs or the MP for them

even better would be if they relied on items you can get from philosopher caches. please tell me what they do because i find very little alchemy formulas that use them );

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles

even better would be if they relied on items you can get from philosopher caches. please tell me what they do because i find very little alchemy formulas that use them );

Philosopher Caches are just the base caches, you open it and then you get a specific colored cache and with in that color cache are random items you can choose from. You can look here to find out what is in what.

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles

Philosopher Caches are just the base caches, you open it and then you get a specific colored cache and with in that color cache are random items you can choose from. You can look here to find out what is in what.

sorry, i should have articulated more, most of the formulas i have seen don't even use these items from the caches so i find them kinda... useless? i mean they pay for themselves thru heart charms you get, but its tedious to get them just for that ^^'

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles

sorry, i should have articulated more, most of the formulas i have seen don't even use these items from the caches so i find them kinda... useless? i mean they pay for themselves thru heart charms you get, but its tedious to get them just for that ^^'

Actually most of the alchemy formulas require something from the caches o:

Noble Slayer

13,615 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles
CBB1112
someonestolemystiles

Actually most of the alchemy formulas require something from the caches o:

really??? maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones XD i do find a few that use mainly them, but they only lead to other components??? like most of the things i would see would have one insanely expensive item and the rest were not as bad

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Actually a lot of formulas do use the items that are being re-released from the GoFusion Alchemy chest.

A total of 14, not counting the old CI's that are made from RIG fails, just on level one of alchemy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff