Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been to other forums such as DDRFreak and random Final Fantasy forums and they all have something similar. Next to or under your name they have things like: Basic Member, Elite, etc. I was wondering why Gaia doesn't having something like this. Is it because Gaia wants to be a non-conformist forum?

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

I'd rather a user not be rated by their post count... someone could just spam their way up to an "elite" rating and be a complete tard.

besides, being called an "elite" is sort of a bad thing here xd

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
What Silver Archangel said. xd

Personally, if they were to introduce a rating system, I'd prefer it to be based on votes by other users. You'd get a more honest approach then. Well, usually. xd
I'm not saying that I want it I was just wondering why Gaia doesn't have it. Elite is bad on Gaia? Since when?

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

being an Elite (or Elitist) has always been bad on gaia xp

a voting system would be bias, not to mention a user could just make mules to vote for or against a user.

I don't see a reason to HAVE a user rating. if someone is popular, people will know them, if they're a nobody people won't *shrug* it's like a real comunity that way, you're not told who is and is not popular, you can just see it.

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well, if you're an elitist, people basically think you're... well, mean.

Elite, when used in different context, is a perfectly okay word. But on Gaia, if you're an elitist, generally you are the type of person that thinks you're better than all the other users.
I'm not trying to say we need the rating system I was just wondering why we don't have it. I don't think I'm any better than one person but I do think that forum popularity such as you ArchAngel is bad. I know people respect you and I do too but not to the point where I think your opinion means all. I'm sure you've noticed some people in this forum who would lick your toes just because you have a halo. Wow! I went off topic. Okay so, anyway I'm closing this discussion because I got my answer. Bye!

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

Enshrouded In The Dark
I'm not trying to say we need the rating system I was just wondering why we don't have it. I don't think I'm any better than one person but I do think that forum popularity such as you ArchAngel is bad. I know people respect you and I do too but not to the point where I think your opinion means all. I'm sure you've noticed some people in this forum who would lick your toes just because you have a halo. Wow! I went off topic. Okay so, anyway I'm closing this discussion because I got my answer. Bye!
good on you. I dont' like it when people think my opinion is law 3nodding Unfortunately I can't control the minds of the masses. If I could I'd convince them all to think for themselves (such an irony in that statement) and not take what I say as the word of God xp

Malevolent Sage

14,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Battle: Mage 100
It just kinda sucks sometimes...in certain forums when I post, and it will be on the next page in 30 seconds. That is frustrating. However, there isn't anything I can do about it....The labels sound intriguing, and it would be a little reward for those who are constantly posting.

Garbage

A rating system would result in even more bias & spam-begging by uneducated users. I don't want people calling my friends clueless retards for having low post counts, and I already have more than enough people begging from me when I just dress my avi normally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff