Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
So, I logged on this morning to find 10 announcements waiting for me - and was somewhat disheartened. It's been weeks since we've been spammed that much, and it seems like the "Flash Sales" announcements have returned.

These announcements are completely unnecessary, as you've altered the little red sale banner to state what the current deal is. Please go back to NOT sending out these redundant, unwanted announcements.

EDIT Aug 31st: The announcements have gotten back to the point where I'm missing some. Had I not went and checked the Community Announcements forums, I would have never known that there was a gold shop update. Again, please stop sending the GCash Sales announcements - the banner is enough of an alert.

EDIT Sep 2nd: Looks like they've stopped again. Maybe it was a coding glitch/intern slip or something. Either way, thank you for stopping them! Please don't start sending them again. 3nodding

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
They must read feedback, in order to implement positive changes requested by the community, but then they ignore all the happy users afterwards, and go right back to the way they were doing things before. Why bother at all?

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just went through all these announcements and all of them were already done with. What was the point of them? To tell me about a sale I missed already?

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

It's because they seem to think the more places you can click to buy cash, the more likely you are to buy it. No, it has nothing to do with shitty business practices or a*****e CEOs. It's about having seventeen different announcements saying that you can buy cash and use it to purchase gold and items just isn't enough. We're too stupid to get it, after all. Hurr.

I'd give a sarcastic hypothetical with where we'll be in six months, but I don't want to give them ideas.

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
Lucht
I just went through all these announcements and all of them were already done with. What was the point of them? To tell me about a sale I missed already?

Exactly! That's why I love the "Flash Sale" banner/button. It lets me know there's a sale going on, and if I don't see if then I'm not online. Sending me an announcement that I may not get until 8+ hours after the fact does absolutely nothing.

Perfect Saint

They'll have to explain to me why they thought they should return the GC flash sales. stressed

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
Myrielle
They'll have to explain to me why they thought they should return the GC flash sales. stressed

They had been doing so well the past couple of weeks, too. I wonder if sales go down if they'll stop them again. Though, considering the most recent staff alert it seems that people are still willing to open their wallets to them. emotion_facepalm

Loyal Phantom

14,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kitn Lefure
So, I logged on this morning to find 10 announcements waiting for me - and was somewhat disheartened. It's been weeks since we've been spammed that much, and it seems like the "Flash Sales" announcements have returned.

These announcements are completely unnecessary, as you've altered the little red sale banner to state what the current deal is. Please go back to NOT sending out these redundant, unwanted announcements.

So cant agree more!
Why do we need a tab for gcash either, its still in the top header, I still get lost trying to navigate a site I have used for 6 years... Ridiculous lol

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
At least hide announcements that have expired. Geeze. emotion_drool

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
Bump because they're still being sent. rolleyes

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
You're still doing it, Gaia.

Please stop.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

I wish they'd stop, too. I miss when the community announcements were actually for the community and important enough to click on, not hijacked for the company to abuse their advertisements and sales.

Big Millionaire

EbeleRoderick
I wish they'd stop, too. I miss when the community announcements were actually for the community and important enough to click on, not hijacked for the company to abuse their advertisements and sales.

Fully agree. I hate that most announcements now are for GCash

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
EbeleRoderick

It would be so much better if they did bundled announcements (which I feel like they did somewhat start to do, which was encouraging). Or just cut down on how often new items are put in the shop - two or three times a week with a huge, condensed announcement on those two or three days, rather than constantly adding items throughout the day EVERY DAY and spamming us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff