Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Thank you for fixing the price displays on the Wishlist.

Quote:
Honestly, if you're going to lift the gold cap on the MP, then I'd like to see the Wishlist get an upgrade too.

For a long time you've had it where anything marked 1 million or above would have the price hidden. But looking at any Wishlist nowadays and you'll see a long list with no prices to guide them.

So I'd like to suggest you change that.

Listing anything as 1,000,000,000 tends to be a bit much. Instead I'd rather you be more simple than that.

Just do this:

1,000,000,000,000 = 1 Trillion
1,000,000,000 = 1 Billion
1,000,000 = 1 Million

...along those lines, even when we see something like: 2,500,000
You can simply mark it off as 2.5 Million.

Write it out instead of using all those zeroes. Open up the coding for the Wishlist and replace that cap with one that will translate it into words so it can become visible to us again.

A user suggestion:

The_Butters_Show
they could always make with the > < signs

If the ABP (Average Buy Price) shown is not exactly the same as the current LBNP (Lowest Buy Now Price), then you could place a < (lesser than/equal to) or > (greater than/equal to) symbol there to indicate that the buyer should expect a higher or lower LBNP than shown from the average buy price.

Example: Madame Rouge has a ABP of around 340 Million, while the Lowest BNP is set at 550 Million. The ABP on a Wishlist list would look something like: > 340 Million. (However if this starts confusing people, then I guess you can add a + or - instead. Still it's a good idea. )

To make it even shorter, you can abbreviate the words to Mil, Bil, Tril.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Do want. Anything under a million probably isn't on a wishlist anymore anyway, it's pocket change.

Rogue

YES PLEASE! I'd also love to search my wishlist with the option to search at or below my gold total. Just to see what I can afford. Please update! classified_fu

Juomi's Fangirl

Gracious Gaian

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
Definitely something that needs to happen, there are literally no prices listed on my wishlist!

TasteChaos's King

Duck

What if an item is 2,167,845,176
Then it would be 2.167845176 billion.

Destructive Bunny

Owlie
Do want. Anything under a million probably isn't on a wishlist anymore anyway, it's pocket change.
Totally this.

I'd like to see this fixed too.

Fanatical Giver

Great idea!!!
I wish they'd rather fix the prices instead so there wouldn't be a need for this. sad

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Whispers of Delusion

You don't use the whole number. It would be more like 2.2 billion since you're estimating.

Amoreyna
I wish they'd rather fix the prices instead so there wouldn't be a need for this. sad

Don't we all, but in the meantime that Wishlist needs some upgrading done. 3nodding

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion

You don't use the whole number. It would be more like 2.2 billion since you're estimating.

Amoreyna

Don't we all, but in the meantime that Wishlist needs some upgrading done. 3nodding

Then you'd still have to check the item to see the actual price though.
You'd have a rough number, so it would be a "no, I can't afford that anyway" right away.
I think they should just put the whole number on there and fix that it would be too big, I mean, they caused inflation, they should make sure all the features should work just fine with it.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Whispers of Delusion
Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion

Amoreyna

You'd have a rough number, so it would be a "no, I can't afford that anyway" right away.
I think they should just put the whole number on there and fix that it would be too big, I mean, they caused inflation, they should make sure all the features should work just fine with it.

Your example is something I've never seen anyone do, people on this site normally round off their prices. So it's not something I'm worried about.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion
Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion

Amoreyna

Your example is something I've never seen anyone do, people on this site normally round off their prices. So it's not something I'm worried about.

What do you mean?
ABP is almost never a round number.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Whispers of Delusion
Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion
Catalyste
Whispers of Delusion

Amoreyna

What do you mean?
ABP is almost never a round number.

Ah, yes I forgot about that. But this is great since it brings me back to my point about estimating.

Since ABP is an estimate, it wouldn't do my suggestion any harm. ABP is merely a screenshot of the day's sales, an estimated total based on the averaged sales of buy now prices. So it fits! 3nodding

Shy Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Redwing Rogue
YES PLEASE! I'd also love to search my wishlist with the option to search at or below my gold total. Just to see what I can afford. Please update! classified_fu

A little off topic I know...but I enjoy your signature.

Also I must agree with Catalyste that if things aren't rounded to the nearest 5 or 0 you'd get a whole lot of confusion ._. they could always make with the > < signs ... but still a little confusing

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
The_Butters_Show
Redwing Rogue

A little off topic I know...but I enjoy your signature.

Also I must agree with Catalyste that if things aren't rounded to the nearest 5 or 0 you'd get a whole lot of confusion ._. they could always make with the > < signs ... but still a little confusing

I like this suggestion!

Can I add this to the OP?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas