• Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
NothingGold
You know, I think this is a great idea and have had similar thoughts on it myself.
Never suggested it because I doubted they would find the time and generosity to do it though.

But how can we buy things if we can't find them?

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I think this is a great idea.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
This is definitely something they need to have started yesterday since it's really no excuse to have such a horrible tagging system like that.

Benevolent Feeder

Nova0437
NothingGold
You know, I think this is a great idea and have had similar thoughts on it myself.
Never suggested it because I doubted they would find the time and generosity to do it though.

But how can we buy things if we can't find them?
By getting them from the cash shop of course.
Ohhh, this is brilliant!
Especially since once they do initial setup, it will require almost no maintenance on their part,
since we will be doing it. This is just absolutely perfect. Gaia, please do this!

Dearly Beloved

The "Nobody" tag doesn't work!
I always gotta search up the tag "headphones" to find Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Akihabara Nobody. gonk

Revered Connoisseur

Bump.
Yeah, I can't find the items, see you and its recolors in the market.
If you want to find the Beyond Items, type, hair glasses scarf' and choose Hats in the Show Me drop down list, and all beyonds are there.
x L i g h t x S o r a x
I always gotta search up the tag "headphones" to find Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Akihabara Nobody. gonk

Updated in second post.. and gosh, Akibahara doesn't even have the headphones tag gonk

Dearly Beloved

spunglass
x L i g h t x S o r a x

Updated in second post.. and gosh, Akibahara doesn't even have the headphones tag gonk

I didn't even realize that Akibahara didn't have a headphones tag. eek
I was always furious about how the Nobody tag never worked! scream

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
I am all about this!

I like the idea that we can suggest a tag and then if others agree it can get added.

I would suggest though, that some words be banned from being tags, such as s**t, crap, hate and the such. I wouldn't want people/trolls abusing the system.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm all for this however i would like to suggest a combined system similar to google's search words. Let's say any user can add up to five tags to a given item ( via inventory, MP, ... ):

- the system would automatically reject tags that consists of more than one word
- some words will not be allowed to avoit trolling, let's say for example that the word 'papaya' is banned. User could not use that word as one of the tags. ' but hey ! People could still use p4p4y4 '. Which send us to....
- most used words would be ranked higher by the system ( this makes things faster since a written word tag would also be a 'vote'). Since only trolls would use the word p4p4y4 then it wouldn't be highly ranked.
- every week or two, words with certain rank ( say the top 10 ) will be added to the tag list by the system or send to revision by the artist who made the item, this would also serve to a second filter yo avoid the conspiracy made by the papaya trolls who decided to vote for the tag p4p4y4. However would imply more work for the artist and / or for the tag editor.
- tag submissions would be open for 3 months ( or so ) after the item's release, to avoid flooding the artists with tag revissions.

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
OMG yes. I've wondered why they don't let us add our own tags for a long time. ^^; Anything to be more consistent and better tagged than it is now. smile

edit: not only are things sometimes inadequately or improperly tagged... sometimes they seem to be tagged just fine and you STILL can't come up with them in the search engine.

I just did a search for "between," seeing as it was the most likely word that would bring up the three items I was looking for at the top of the results, and nothing. Nothing at all came up. For reference, this is one of the items I was looking up: Between the Devil... and as you can see, the tags list is rather fleshed out. But if you click on between, you get zero results. I don't understand. >>;
sup-qt
I am all about this!

I like the idea that we can suggest a tag and then if others agree it can get added.

I would suggest though, that some words be banned from being tags, such as s**t, crap, hate and the such. I wouldn't want people/trolls abusing the system.

I was kinda thinking that people might downvote those? Then maybe if you get xx downvotes you can't suggest words anymore.
The stepfather of lies
I'm all for this however i would like to suggest a combined system similar to google's search words. Let's say any user can add up to five tags to a given item ( via inventory, MP, ... ):

- the system would automatically reject tags that consists of more than one word
- some words will not be allowed to avoit trolling, let's say for example that the word 'papaya' is banned. User could not use that word as one of the tags. ' but hey ! People could still use p4p4y4 '. Which send us to....
- most used words would be ranked higher by the system ( this makes things faster since a written word tag would also be a 'vote'). Since only trolls would use the word p4p4y4 then it wouldn't be highly ranked.
- every week or two, words with certain rank ( say the top 10 ) will be added to the tag list by the system or send to revision by the artist who made the item, this would also serve to a second filter yo avoid the conspiracy made by the papaya trolls who decided to vote for the tag p4p4y4. However would imply more work for the artist and / or for the tag editor.
- tag submissions would be open for 3 months ( or so ) after the item's release, to avoid flooding the artists with tag revissions.

I'm kinda against banning any words in particular. Look at the weird names that Gaia comes up with nowadays. There's that new watermelon-themed swimsuit LQI now, so who's to say that they won't make a real papaya dress one of these days xd Then that tag won't work and we'll complain again.
I really don't want to make artists responsible for this system in any way other than what they already do - putting in initial tags (at least the item name xD). I feel that they have tonnes on their plate so this is likely to be low priority and hence they won't get around to approving revisions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff