Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wind-up Waffles

This looks to me like they accidentally swapped the two poses (with and without Agape). I'm hoping it was unintentional and that they fix it soon. Otherwise, you're absolutely right that it's false advertising.

Wheezing Codger

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
I have a similar complaint with Kingston's blossomy bristles. The picture in the advertisement shows a version of the hair without blossoms that isn't in the item and can't even be gotten with agape. Why advertise it if you can't have it that way?

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lol hairs get advertized with agape a lot actually.

But it is strange, agape usually shortens hair. Not lengthens.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
quentara47
I have a similar complaint with Kingston's blossomy bristles. The picture in the advertisement shows a version of the hair without blossoms that isn't in the item and can't even be gotten with agape. Why advertise it if you can't have it that way?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| I just tried the hair with Agape and it took out the blossoms for me.

To the thread topic, I found it really weird that the light style of Kuja's hair had a long preview for one specific color but then equipped short. I was disappointed when I tried it on, and wondered if the artist made a mistake since I hadn't seen the announcement.

And I'm baffled that Agape makes it LONGER. Agape is usually used to shorten hair or cut out certain effects, not make hair magically grow. The fact that you need hair cutting scissors to make hair LONGER is kind of… How does that even work?

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Wealthy Wife

A Wandering Houngan
quentara47

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| I just tried the hair with Agape and it took out the blossoms for me.

To the thread topic, I found it really weird that the light style of Kuja's hair had a long preview for one specific color but then equipped short. I was disappointed when I tried it on, and wondered if the artist made a mistake since I hadn't seen the announcement.

And I'm baffled that Agape makes it LONGER. Agape is usually used to shorten hair or cut out certain effects, not make hair magically grow. The fact that you need hair cutting scissors to make hair LONGER is kind of… How does that even work?

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Seconding the notion of Agape removing the blossoms in Kingston. I own Sainte Ciel: Agape 3rd Gen. and do not really know the difference between the actual item and the makeshift scissors item Gaia has released if there is a difference.

I also have to agree it's baffling how Agape does make Reprobate Mad Man longer. They definitely should have had the long version the actual item and used Agape to cut it down to what they're currently selling it for.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
That's the weirdest s**t in the world and I'm hoping it's a mistake.
Otherwise...oh boy. I don't know much about what might happen legally but the backlash here could get brutal if it turns out to be intentional.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Some hairs (Like a Adelpha's Reslove or Modus Operandi) get longer because they have something that holds the hair up and Agape removes it, causing long hair, although in this case.. I don't quite get it. sweatdrop

I turned around to see if there was any buns or anything. Absolutely nothing..
I'm hoping they switched it by mistake, but it seems highly unlikely.

Odd that they choose to use the long hair for the ad.. I guess it's become a norm that every time we get new hair, it's basically expected to try it out with all the scissor items we have.

Divine Muse

Gaia logic, all the time.

User Image
Awesome McGee
That's the weirdest s**t in the world and I'm hoping it's a mistake.
Otherwise...oh boy. I don't know much about what might happen legally but the backlash here could get brutal if it turns out to be intentional.

Could anything happen legally? Brutal backlash is just another day in Site Feedback in my experience, but legal action? I'm not even that upset; it's just some purple pixels. xD My friend should be! It was his money and he wanted to make me happy. I wonder if someone at Gaia could really say 'yeah, we did it on purpose, cry about it.'

I mean the evidence of false advertisement is pretty much on our side. Unless they have a new ToS update that includes 'we reserve the right to advertise things without letting you know the big fat expensive batteries are not included.' Go buy our magic hair-growing scissors, peasant. emotion_awesome

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Kuja must be rolling in his grave because of this.
Seriously wtf the canon never had short hair.

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Seriously just did a search to find out what was up with this, if it was just a glitch with my avatar or if other people were experiencing this. Can we get some confirmation from someone over whether or not this is a MISTAKE (ie: should be long, gets shorter with agape) or if this is how it's actually intended to be?

Because I like the long version, but can't afford Agape and am not likely to be able to afford it anytime in the near future. Wondering if I should buy and wait for it to be fixed, or if it's going to stay this way...

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

What a troll, nice play, gaia, nice play. mad
Avendasora
Seriously just did a search to find out what was up with this, if it was just a glitch with my avatar or if other people were experiencing this. Can we get some confirmation from someone over whether or not this is a MISTAKE (ie: should be long, gets shorter with agape) or if this is how it's actually intended to be?

Because I like the long version, but can't afford Agape and am not likely to be able to afford it anytime in the near future. Wondering if I should buy and wait for it to be fixed, or if it's going to stay this way...

What would be useful is if each ad-nouncement had something to let us know which artists made what, not only so we could show them some appreciation for their hard work, but also be able to PM them with questions like this. Who better to ask than the artist?

I've tried letting them know in the Item Glitch Report thread, but responses from artists are pretty rare. They're probably swamped with current work, so going back to look at old work might just be impossible most of the time.

I'll PM a few of them and we'll see if they can spare just a moment to help us out. Otherwise, this may end up as just another glitch that gets lost for years and eventually people just find a way to work around it or just not do what they originally had planned -.-
Ozzy the Dreamer
Avendasora

What would be useful is if each ad-nouncement had something to let us know which artists made what, not only so we could show them some appreciation for their hard work, but also be able to PM them with questions like this. Who better to ask than the artist?

I've tried letting them know in the Item Glitch Report thread, but responses from artists are pretty rare. They're probably swamped with current work, so going back to look at old work might just be impossible most of the time.

I'll PM a handful of them and we'll see if any of them can spare just a moment to help us out. Otherwise, this may end up as just another glitch that gets lost for years and eventually people just find a way to work around it or just not do what they originally had planned -.-
Gaia has had some lack of communication for some time now so I doubt that will ever happen. Zero was the only one with balls to come out most of this year. And if some artists did come out kudos to them! But yeah it is probably going to be really rare to get a response about this unless more people point it out.

I wonder if the artist was indeed rushed because they pump out items like mad. And I've noticed that makes a lot of them less than par. I really liked the wig too and was actually going to sell some item in the MP for them. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff