Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Honestly, guys. I get that you're trying to run a business, but we all know where the cash shop is. We all have that little cash tree fellow bouncing around at the top of our page.

Maybe one announcement with all the different offers in it?

Because 25 every single day is very annoying. It really cheapens the site. I mean, in my personal email, I subscribe to a lot of sites for their coupons, right? But they send out one email per day. Not 25. And people really prefer that.

Either that or let us opt out of them.

Because they make me irate.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I didn't notice how many announcement we were getting since I like my announcement notifications max out. But then I saw 3 different announcements coming out at once, and I went over to the community announcements forum, and holy s**t. I think we may have had at least 20 announcements today...this is more frequent the spam e-mails I get...

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I've stopped bothering to click on the announcement link. I just let it sit at 10.

Divine Enchantress

19,025 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Team Moira 200
phoebe-chan
I've stopped bothering to click on the announcement link. I just let it sit at 10.
me too. whee

Celestial Dog

lmao is it up to 25 now? wow that's incredibly sad

I'm so glad I let it stay capped at 10 and haven't touched announcements since the summer sale spam.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Q2k
lmao is it up to 25 now? wow that's incredibly sad

I'm so glad I let it stay capped at 10 and haven't touched announcements since the summer sale spam.

Maybe 25 is an exaggeration. 18 for sure, though.

And the notification bubble annoys me, I have to click through them.

Impassioned Misfit

It was going at two dozen for a while, but they'd finally started cutting down. They'd gotten it between a dozen and, like, fiften.
But then yesterday, they shot it back up to 19.

Ten cash shop announcements in a day is already too many, way too ******** many, why do they think this is necessary or acceptable?

I'm going to keep suggesting until I die that they do daily Cash Shop Digests. Once a day. MAYBE twice, with one at noon, one at midnight. The digests will take the place of all individual announcements, not just be a summary of what's already been announced. Say on a given day that four LQIs and two LQBs come out. Instead of six separate announcements, put them all in one. They can be in one post, or in a few posts in the announcement thread (done BEFORE making it public - because otherwise we're still getting the annoying notifications and the purpose is defeated). This would be WAY easier on whomever is writing them, and it'd cut some flack and frustration from the users.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff