Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Nerd

Jisen Meizuki
We need a slight increase for the energy regen. It will take FOREVER to get it fully energized. I'm aware we can use potions from the gold shop and cash shop, but this is ridiculous. 1 energy per minute? sweatdrop

It's 1 per minute now?

160 minutes = 2 hours 40 minutes. That's plenty of time to go do something else and forget all about this event!

Vicious Pirate

13,850 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki
We need a slight increase for the energy regen. It will take FOREVER to get it fully energized. I'm aware we can use potions from the gold shop and cash shop, but this is ridiculous. 1 energy per minute? sweatdrop

It's 1 per minute now?

160 minutes = 2 hours 40 minutes. That's plenty of time to go do something else and forget all about this event!

I cannot tell if this is a strategic ploy or something far more sinister....

Loyal Exhibitionist

ChibiRodan
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

I cannot tell if this is a strategic ploy or something far more sinister....

I'd hedge it on something far more sinister, seeing how Gaia has been lately.

They increased the prices of energy potions from Barton Boutique to 25k and slowed down the energy regen. It's almost like...

...they want us to buy the GC potions.

If that's not sinister, then I don't know what is.
So, we have increased energy per attacks, slower energy regen, and an increase in price on gold shop energy potion.

I think Gaia's lost all sense of what constitutes fair and reasonable.

Intellectual Lunatic

ThanatosRising
So, we have increased energy per attacks, slower energy regen, and an increase in price on gold shop energy potion.

I think Gaia's lost all sense of what constitutes fair and reasonable.
It's like they won't stop until they drive us all away (with all the recent marketplace/cash item blunders/greed)
The increase of energy cost for cleric's ONLY attack is a real ripoff.
If they're expecting me to buy their shitty GC potions, they can shove 'em.
:/
Just hope they do something about the energy regeneration rate. Takes waaaaay to long.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I'm with ya. The event will take me way too much time to do! crying Please change it back! I personally don't mind the higher costs for attacks but PLEASE change the energy recharge time back to where it was!

Valiant Jackling

purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

That should be the opposite of what Gaia wants to do. Events are really short term. Telling people to get lost and wait long period of time to do anything would be more of a everyday battle system ploy, not a 2 week event ploy, where they have achievements for a great many things.

At the rate energy regains, you wouldn't be able to get both the 500 attack and 500 heals by the end of the event unless you managed to get significantly close to each one before they changed things.

The re-growth seems slower than 1 energy per minute, probably closer to one energy every 2-3 minutes. Which means 20-30 minutes to regain 10 energy. You do the math for how long it would take you to reach 500 heals or attacks from your current placement.

Mega Nerd

Erailea
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

That should be the opposite of what Gaia wants to do. Events are really short term. Telling people to get lost and wait long period of time to do anything would be more of a everyday battle system ploy, not a 2 week event ploy, where they have achievements for a great many things.

At the rate energy regains, you wouldn't be able to get both the 500 attack and 500 heals by the end of the event unless you managed to get significantly close to each one before they changed things.

The re-growth seems slower than 1 energy per minute, probably closer to one energy every 2-3 minutes. Which means 20-30 minutes to regain 10 energy. You do the math for how long it would take you to reach 500 heals or attacks from your current placement.

I'm doing a little timing of the regen right now, since the World Series is on and I'm paying more attention to that smile .

But you're right...if it's that slow, the only way to get those would be to buy more energy....so much for free events, you know? And it's just not that important.

Thankful Fairy

I come back after 4 hours to find my energy went from 0 to 19. WTF?!?!? Then to top it off energy potions went from 1k to 25k. Nice way to ruin this event for people not willing to spend all their gold on this event. evil

Thankful Fairy

purplewiz
Erailea
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

I'm doing a little timing of the regen right now, since the World Series is on and I'm paying more attention to that smile .

But you're right...if it's that slow, the only way to get those would be to buy more energy....so much for free events, you know? And it's just not that important.

I logged out at 6:30pm EST to let my son on for awhile. I came back on at 10pm EST to find that my energy which was at 0 went up a whopping 19 points. 26 minutes later I'm not at 21 energy. Since there is no way in hell I'm spending 25k per energy potion, guess I'm done for a long while.

But this is supposed to be the BEST HALLOWEEN EVENT EVER!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!11!11!!!!!!! rolleyes

Mega Nerd

aylwyn27
purplewiz
Erailea
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

I logged out at 6:30pm EST to let my son on for awhile. I came back on at 10pm EST to find that my energy which was at 0 went up a whopping 19 points. 26 minutes later I'm not at 21 energy. Since there is no way in hell I'm spending 25k per energy potion, guess I'm done for a long while.

But this is supposed to be the BEST HALLOWEEN EVENT EVER!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!11!11!!!!!!! rolleyes

Let's look at some numbers:

At 7:32 pm, I had 8 energy.

At 8:32 pm, I had 35.

That's 27 per hour.

I'm a Level 4 cleric. That's 5 heals at minimum power.

That's ***ONE*** attack (15 pts for the only attack I have).

With 160 available at my level, that's almost 6 hours for full energy regeneration.

Gaia is betting that "absence make the heart grow fonder". For me, it's "out of sight, out of mind."

How out of sight and out of mind? If I hadn't set a timer to check my energy numbers at 8:32pm, I'd've completely forgotten.

Apparently they are using a definition of the word "best" with which I was not previously familiar. I never thought "best" was a synonym for "lousy" or "ultimately forgettable".

Mega Nerd

And oh, heck, as long as I'm running numbers:

As I mentioned, I'm currently a level 4 cleric. I have one attack available to me that costs 15 pts.

I need 98 more attacks to get the 500 attack achievement.

98 attacks * 15 pts per attack = 1470 pts.

1470 pts / 27 pts per hour = 54.44 hours of regeneration.

That assumes that I'm able to be here every 6 hours and use all my energy points down to 0 every time to maximize regeneration time. If I haven't used my energy points when I'm full up, that regeneration time is essentially lost.

Thankful Fairy

purplewiz
aylwyn27
purplewiz
Erailea
purplewiz
Jisen Meizuki

It's 1 per minute now?

Let's look at some numbers:

At 7:32 pm, I had 8 energy.

At 8:32 pm, I had 35.

That's 27 per hour.

I'm a Level 4 cleric. That's 5 heals at minimum power.

That's ***ONE*** attack (15 pts for the only attack I have).

With 160 available at my level, that's almost 6 hours for full energy regeneration.

Gaia is betting that "absence make the heart grow fonder". For me, it's "out of sight, out of mind."

How out of sight and out of mind? If I hadn't set a timer to check my energy numbers at 8:32pm, I'd've completely forgotten.

Apparently they are using a definition of the word "best" with which I was not previously familiar. I never thought "best" was a synonym for "lousy" or "ultimately forgettable".

I'm a level 3 rogue. While my attacks went up from a base of 2 to a base of 8 and energy needed went down from 5 to 4, I still can't do crap. With my whopping 28 energy I can do 4 low end attacks (I think they're called dagger attacks now) and then that's it for another 5 hours. stare And that's again only getting to 28 energy out of 80. Not full energy.

I just read somewhere Sagebomb spent 500k on energy potions because he/she didn't see the price increase. Ouch!

That's the what I thought too. Maybe they didn't realize they were looking at the antonym section of the thesaurus.

Now I feel bad for taking the computer back from my son. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces