13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Idia
Andromeda Phoenix
Idia
Andromeda Phoenix

I'm not trying to be a jerk and the only person's words I can control are my own. Half a day is a long time to take up space in someone's else's room because you forgot you were there and there's no time out on the server. Especially when it's 4 different people in a room that fits 6, every day. There is no harm coming to a person who doesn't even start playing a game, or chatting from being logged out of it for inactivity. They lose absolutely nothing. So I'm not sure, or even think I wanna know where you got that view from.

It's probably that last quote you got that rubbed me wrong. All I'm saying is an innocent mistake doesn't make a person a jerk. Which is most likely a giant majority, unlike the last quote could imply.

And I usually just use whatever room has no one in it in games. I don't remember having to make your own room in fishing like you apparently do now.

Of course not. I realize it's an innocent mistake in most instances and I've said that it was many times, including the first post. Usually when I remind users that they're sitting in my room inactive, they do tell me they forgot or something. However, it's still quite annoying.

No, you don't have to make your own room. I do it because I like to do so and it's how people usually find me.

I mean it's not like the other games with a bunch of pre-made rooms.

Oh I see. I don't believe fishing ever had that. I think it'd be nice if they did tho.

Dangerous Visionary

VVhip
Miss-dark8607
VVhip
Can we not still lock rooms?

Isn't that a workaround?

Or are we unable to lock our rooms to all but invitees?

Edit: I just made a password protected room in cards. Why wouldn't anyone, wishing to have a private room without zombies who overstay their welcome, just do this, and give the password to friends they wished to play with?

Because how then do we meet random strangers that may become our friends? I didn't really get to know the OP till we started fishing and had she a locked room we would have never met.

Fair enough.

Still, I don't think it's possible to server timeout in flash spaces, is it?

If the tech is available, then Gaia would already do it, wouldn't they?

If it is, then they should do it.

It used to do that so this issue is kind of a glitch now that I think about it. I know Cards will in fact boot users off after a couple hours. (Had it happened to me in my own room)

Dangerous Visionary

The fact that people really don't see a problem with abusing the system makes it more of a problem.

Invisible Regular

Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
The__Dividender
I suppose the major problem here is that we have entirely different views on the game.

I rarely if ever interact with the other people in the room, so to pay attention to whether others are active or not just seems ridiculous to me. Obviously you are more social while fishing.

I agree the games can be very boring when people don't talk and I wish more people would talk. So I kind of side with the OP but I have been told a long time ago you had room where people would talk and rooms for people who didn't. Gaia should bring that back so that we have two type of rooms one for people who want to talk and one for those who don't.

And third option people who want to come in just to trade/vend their game items. They tend to chat off and on as they are making deals. (See my thread on gaming updates for more info)

Okay three options then.

Timid Lover

14,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Love Machine 150
I would love this for towns.

Invisible Regular

DarthDub
I would love this for towns.

That would not make sense.

Dangerous Visionary

SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
The__Dividender
I suppose the major problem here is that we have entirely different views on the game.

I rarely if ever interact with the other people in the room, so to pay attention to whether others are active or not just seems ridiculous to me. Obviously you are more social while fishing.

I agree the games can be very boring when people don't talk and I wish more people would talk. So I kind of side with the OP but I have been told a long time ago you had room where people would talk and rooms for people who didn't. Gaia should bring that back so that we have two type of rooms one for people who want to talk and one for those who don't.

And third option people who want to come in just to trade/vend their game items. They tend to chat off and on as they are making deals. (See my thread on gaming updates for more info)

Okay three options then.

At the very least anyways. People use gaia and the games different ways. People need to understand its not always just about the forums or gold (though yes it is usually) but still. I want to fish, vend, and meet new people is that so hard to do? Yes, when no one is talking and everyone is just a blank zombie! talk2hand

Invisible Regular

Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
The__Dividender

Okay three options then.

At the very least anyways. People use gaia and the games different ways. People need to understand its not always just about the forums or gold (though yes it is usually) but still. I want to fish, vend, and meet new people is that so hard to do? Yes, when no one is talking and everyone is just a blank zombie! talk2hand

I agree.

Ice-Cold Visionary

17,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i'm one of those who go afk for hours in slots hahahahahahah mainly because i forget i have the window open biggrin

Dangerous Visionary

SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
The__Dividender

Okay three options then.

I agree.

Or you know what could be cool too but probably impossible. People who go afk for hours like that get booted into their own room.
SparklyShuichiShindou
The__Dividender

It's a shame we couldn't have the personally named rooms any more (i.e. instead of just our names it was entirely customizable). Back then it was easier to choose a room after what you wanted to get out from the game. Oh well, blame it on the trolls, it's always their fault we can't have nice things.

While I still don't care for a timer of any kind in the game I do sort-off wish that there was a way to "label" rooms as chatty or silent. It's a bit awkward to glance down to the chat panel and see that some lonely soul tried to chat us up without anyone else noticing/caring. There's never quite the amount of discussion during the game as it used to be... (yeah, I sort of fell down on memory lane and I've got my nostalgia goggles on)

Question if you have no intent in chatting and just want to fish then why go into a room with multiple people? If you just want a "silent" room just make your own private room to fish in.

Sorry for taking so ridiculously long to reply, I haven't been on gaia for a while. Not going to bother checking what else has happened in the thread XP

I usually join one of the already established rooms since I don't see the point of crowding up the server with rooms that only one person use.

A long time ago when we could type in a name for the room I'd be more picky with what room I'd go into (usually a silent room), and if nothing caught my fancy then I'd make a new one.

As it is now I purposefully just fill up space and fish since hey, not? The space is there so someone might as well use it.

The chances of getting into a room where I share a common interest with the other players is pretty slim, so the whole social fishing aspect seems to have move to the private rooms. I sure haven't seen a lot of it over the last few years, beyond the occasional "Hey, weren't we in the same room the other day too? Yeah, nice to see you too".

Invisible Regular

Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607
SailorSanta
Miss-dark8607

Okay three options then.

I agree.

Or you know what could be cool too but probably impossible. People who go afk for hours like that get booted into their own room.

Yeah that would be awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces