Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should we be able to edit our post styles?

Yes! Definately! I have a journal and/or would find this useful. 0.42391304347826 42.4% [ 39 ]
Maybe. It'd be nice, but I wouldn't mind much if we couldn't... 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 16 ]
No way! That sounds stupid/a waste of programming! 0.054347826086957 5.4% [ 5 ]
Poll whore, beeyotch. 8D 0.34782608695652 34.8% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 92 ]
1 2 3 >

It seems that, as of now, we can only choose a post style (Such as ornate, this one) when we post originally. When editing a post, the option to choose is gone.

However, I don't think this is right. I think we should be able to edit a post to change its style.

For example, I have a breedables journal. It already has quite a few posts in it, in the original style. Yet, from the implementation of these styles onwards, I plan on using the ornate style only. It simply fits my personality better.

The problem is, if I start that now, my journal won't match I'd like the ability to edit all the current posts to have the ornate style.

I don't know much about the coding, but if text editing is possible, shouldn't style editing be possible too?

Shanks The Captain rolled 20 100-sided dice: 52, 38, 65, 93, 27, 72, 83, 27, 36, 36, 46, 39, 36, 83, 31, 62, 46, 29, 45, 28 Total: 974 (20-2000)

Listen up everyone.
The reason is so people won't cheat when using the dice/randomizer.
This has been gaian #2535204.
That is all.
Shanks The Captain
Listen up everyone.
That is all.

Aah, I see.

Would it be possible, then, to only allow people to edit post styles, not post actions? That seems reasonable.
Kaioto_Katsuma
Shanks The Captain
Listen up everyone.
That is all.

Aah, I see.

Would it be possible, then, to only allow people to edit post styles, not post actions? That seems reasonable.
yes, but when you say something, like when you're using the whsper, can you go back in time and turn that whisper into a yell?
Shanks The Captain
yes, but when you say something, like when you're using the whsper, can you go back in time and turn that whisper into a yell?

In reality, no. In reality, you can't spit a piece of paper out of your mouth with what you want to say as per the document option, either. Nor can people respond to something you've only thought, as per the thought bubble option.

Not everyone uses the options literally. And I think for those many breedables regulars who have journals, an editing option would be extremely helpful for dealing with already-existing journal posts.
Kaioto_Katsuma
Shanks The Captain

In reality, no. In reality, you can't spit a piece of paper out of your mouth with what you want to say as per the document option, either. Nor can people respond to something you've only thought, as per the thought bubble option.

Not everyone uses the options literally. And I think for those many breedables regulars who have journals, an editing option would be extremely helpful for dealing with already-existing journal posts.
why not just delete it and make a new one?
Shanks The Captain

Some journals have over a hundred pages. As well, deleting it and making it anew would mess up the date/timestamps, which can be very important in some journals.
Kaioto_Katsuma
Shanks The Captain

Some journals have over a hundred pages. As well, deleting it and making it anew would mess up the date/timestamps, which can be very important in some journals.
it's just a post form it doesn't matter in the leasty, it's just another thing to play with. just live with it.
Shanks The Captain
it's just a post form it doesn't matter in the leasty, it's just another thing to play with. just live with it.

Just because it doesn't matter to you does not mean it doesn't matter to other people. It seems pretty clear that you speak as one who has never had a journal, breedables or otherwise.

Shop threads and guild threads, too, pride themselves on post timestamps and posts in the thread. To delete it just to change the post type is like deleting a piece of history.

The point of this forum is that I don't have to live with it. Users have the ability to suggest feature changes, precisely what I'm doing. So kindly take that into consideration and don't tell me to "live with it" because it doesn't affect you and you don't care to consider it might affect others.

Dezzysnake's Pardner

Hungry Animal

I agreee with Kaioto I'd love to be able to go back and edit older posts in my breedables journals
There we go, someone who actually has a breedables journal and would be dealing with this issue.

For those of us, like me, who will be using a new style but wish to preserve the uniformity of our journals/guilds/shops/whatever, this feature edit would be extremely welcome.

Dezzysnake's Pardner

Hungry Animal

where ornate will be sweet for RP logs, I like hte document look for "journal/diary" entries
Alatariel Rakamash
where ornate will be sweet for RP logs, I like hte document look for "journal/diary" entries

Yeah, I thought that would be cool too. ^_^ But I personally would just want everything ornate. Especially since Solaris and Kiana, my breedable journal kids, live in a palace - making the whole journal ornate would be more aesthetically pleasing and would just make more sense. 3nodding

Either way, whether it's keeping it uniform or just editing it like that to keep with new post type markers, I really think this feature edit would be good.

Dezzysnake's Pardner

Hungry Animal

completely agreed, so please hear us admins, we'd like to be able to go back and EDIT older posts
Alatariel Rakamash
completely agreed, so please hear us admins, we'd like to be able to go back and EDIT older posts

Indeed!

Although, taking into account what was said before, let us edit only the post style, not post actions. I see no reason to edit post actions other than cheating in a contest, but editing post styles would definately be innocent, harmless, and utterly useful. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff