Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has felt charitable or generous without wanting to go through the process of creating a giveaway thread. I think the availability to donate rare items would be great for those willing to go dumpster diving. For example, I'd like to donate the Royal Knightingale item I just got but can't. I think it'd be awesome for a newbie to win such a new, relatively expensive item like that!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Edit: It appears like items that can't be donated are random. I also can't donate my Toxic Kitten (old item) or Astra: Orange Demonic Hipwings (newish oldish)

heart
I think if they increase the "gold cap" on what can be donated (must be about one billion right now, judging by those items, I know it's at least two from what I've heard), they need to add a different warning screen or at least that you have to enter your password, just to avoid/decrease the chances of "accidental donations"

twaitor's Darling

Lunatic

I wondered if it was just me.
If I want to donate a "Portrait of a Deer" I don't understand why it tells me "Cannot be donated"
but I can donate "Drop Dead Gorgeous Skull Hairpin"?

As for accidental donations, I can understand if it didn't give you a warning screen, but it does. It asks if you're sure, and especially when its things that come from CI's or caches, it has Pete and a big ol' STOP sign.
So can it really be considered accidental after all that?
Right. I just want to be generous.
You cannot donate items that are worth 2bil+ I believe. It happens to me too, but found it out recently, best of luck to the lucky person.
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
I wondered if it was just me.
If I want to donate a "Portrait of a Deer" I don't understand why it tells me "Cannot be donated"
but I can donate "Drop Dead Gorgeous Skull Hairpin"?

As for accidental donations, I can understand if it didn't give you a warning screen, but it does. It asks if you're sure, and especially when its things that come from CI's or caches, it has Pete and a big ol' STOP sign.
So can it really be considered accidental after all that?

I'm sure I'm not alone in not paying Pete and his sign much attention anymore, what with it being shown even with items that aren't worth more than a couple gold at the most (cheap aquarium decorations). I've also seen a fair few people ask if anything can be done because they weren't paying attention and sold something to the store instead of in the MP or donated it or whatever, so having something like password verification instead of just an extra click could save some strife.

Buggy Reveler

User ImageUser Image

~The Dumpster has a limit of 1bil and under, from what I last heard, and it uses the ABP from the Marketplace so when an item is brand new and doesn't have one yet it can't be donated until the next time when the ABP rolls over and the average is no longer 0.
It would be nice if they raised that limit again, though.
~

Weisserfuchs's Significant Otter

Invisible Victory

19,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
SexyPiixels
You cannot donate items that are worth 2bil+ I believe. It happens to me too, but found it out recently, best of luck to the lucky person.

I can't donate Puss in Kamik or Dashing Gentleman Onyx Shoes and they are both around 1bill.
If there is a cap I hope it gets raised.
There's a donation value cap? But... why? Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, but I just don't see the point to having a cap if you are warned when donating "valuable" items anyway. In my personal opinion, the cap should be removed, and donations above a certain value should maybe require password confirmation or something of the sort. That way there's an extra safeguard on top of it all to make sure you don't donate something by accident.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff