Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you like for Gaia to create a Health & Fitness forum?

Yes, and I would use it 0.44642857142857 44.6% [ 50 ]
Yes, but while I wouldn't use it, others would benefit from this type of forum 0.40178571428571 40.2% [ 45 ]
No, because I don't see such getting much use by me or others 0.080357142857143 8.0% [ 9 ]
No. 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 112 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Frettchen

Health Fitness forum yessssss. This would be great! Users could share workout routines, exercise tips and get others motivated! This is a great idea!
User Image
I would like to think I could have one of the first threads there asking how to craft a runner build xp

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Shameless Man-Lover

15,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Heckler 50
I love this idea.
I know that the LD has a few weight loss
support threads floating about and the
food forum has a few diet ones too.

The thread creators might be interested in a forum
specifically for health and fitness as well.

Obsessive milonguera

Cecilia Wolfram Davidson

Sadly, I have to bring up the unfortunate truth that there need to be stickies regarding the following:
  • That any and all diet and exercise routines should first be reviewed with a professional health care consultant (translation - your primary care physician, and NOT Dr. Mehmet Oz, unless he's your primary care physician)

Okay as a sticky or a warning, but a little over the top, don't you think? 'any and all'
You think that a decision of cutting down on soda/ sugar/ junk food/ alcohol should be reviewed with a professional health care consultant? Because it might be unhealthy?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
More like a general rule if one is doing drastic changes

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
yet another punt

Interesting Grabber

9,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Awesome thread. I'll subscribe for updates XD

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
pam_pam
Awesome thread. Ill subscribe for updates XD
I can only ask for more support and ideas for stickies. But thanks mrgreen

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Health and Fitness forum? Great idea, especially sharing exercise technquies and tips. I know I could use some, considering I'm at the gym nearly everyday I haven't seen much results yet. heart

Dangerous Visionary

I sign if this was a petition and yeah this sounds awesome.

Feisty Fairy

15,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Yes, fitness forum please! I had lap band awhile back, and I'm very familiar with Gaia and would rather use Gaia than some other fitness site. I think it'd be great to have a fitness forum because I always have lots of questions, and I'm very into fitness. It would be wonderful! Please make one!
A.D.1492
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson

Sadly, I have to bring up the unfortunate truth that there need to be stickies regarding the following:
  • That any and all diet and exercise routines should first be reviewed with a professional health care consultant (translation - your primary care physician, and NOT Dr. Mehmet Oz, unless he's your primary care physician)

Okay as a sticky or a warning, but a little over the top, don't you think? 'any and all'
You think that a decision of cutting down on soda/ sugar/ junk food/ alcohol should be reviewed with a professional health care consultant? Because it might be unhealthy?

[I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I wanted to make a note on this]

The soda/sugar/junkfood/alcohol point isn't exactly a one sided issue. It is true that if someone just likes to snack on those things, or have them occasionally, they would have no problems with just not having them any more or decreasing from once/twice a day to a few times a week as a treat. However, In some cases, some people have become literally addicted to those substances taking in more than any average person could stand and any decrease/exclusion of those from someone's(those kind of people in particular) typical daily intake could have very bad results. In particular, looking at sugar intake like sweets and/or pop, some might have the mild symptoms of jitters and irritability with headaches when on a diet, while others could easily slip into unconsciousness because their bodies got used to that high sugar intake and could not adjust the insulin levels to compensate for the decrease in sugar. Admittedly that would be a very severe case, and that person would need to consult a doctor on at least how to ween themselves off safely without having severe side affects.

Personally, I would prefer the "any and all" to be in there. Looking at both the situation I described (as some people you may have noticed, refuse to acknowledge or admit an addiction), but also the fact that it would save the site's a** in case someone decided to sue it claiming that someone told them to do it. It would act as something of a warning or advisory. And don't forget, people can ignore warnings all they want if they so desired (but it just won't change the fact that those warnings are there.)

RE: forum idea
Yeah, sure, It'd be cool. I wouldn't personally use it, but there are so many people who need that emotional support to keep going, and it would be good for the them to recieve it from the site that they frequent as well as their family and friends 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff