Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you like for Gaia to create a Health & Fitness forum?

Yes, and I would use it 0.44642857142857 44.6% [ 50 ]
Yes, but while I wouldn't use it, others would benefit from this type of forum 0.40178571428571 40.2% [ 45 ]
No, because I don't see such getting much use by me or others 0.080357142857143 8.0% [ 9 ]
No. 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 112 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU emotion_kirakira

siskataya
Annnnnnndddd.... go! Health & Fitness Forum!

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
First, congrats on the weight loss!! Wow, you climbed Fujisama?? I envy you!!

But to business. I mentioned in Ask the Admins tonight that i would love for Gaia to have a running team of sorts, and one thing lead to another.

I would love for you and the rest of the team to have a dedicated Health and Fitness forum if there is not one already. Perhaps have it added to Lifestyle Discussion?

Sadly, I have to bring up the unfortunate truth that there need to be stickies regarding the following:
  • That any and all diet and exercise routines should first be reviewed with a professional health care consultant (translation - your primary care physician, and NOT Dr. Mehmet Oz, unless he's your primary care physician)
  • That common sense should be practiced and that private info should not be given out or shared when trying to organize activities
  • That soliciting of events are not allowed

At the same time, we are talking about a likely breeding ground for trolls, so a batch of dedicated mods who are as passionate for health and fitness topics as we are is a must!!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
First, congrats on the weight loss!! Wow, you climbed Fujisama?? I envy you!!

But to business. I mentioned in Ask the Admins tonight that i would love for Gaia to have a running team of sorts, and one thing lead to another.

I would love for you and the rest of the team to have a dedicated Health and Fitness forum if there is not one already. Perhaps have it added to Lifestyle Discussion?

Heya!

Thanks for the post. Indeed, a health and fitness forum is definitely on my list of projects this year. I want to create a place where all Gaians can come together to support each other in positive and healthy ways. I think the Lifestyle Discussion forum would be the place for it.

I'll definitely keep you updated on this project. And I'll check on the whole running team idea - might be able to whip something up, but this I cannot guarantee!

Take care of yourself and keep up your own amazing progress!

I'll leave you with a picture I took on top of Fujisan - this is at sunrise. I did the night climb so I could watch the sunrise - it was glorious! biggrin

- Sisky

User Image

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Totally gonna try drumming up popular support
Might start an e-team

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Ƀe ₵areful łf Ɏou ₱ass Ʉs Ƀy…

User Image

I'm not much of an active person, myself, but I do like the idea of a Health & Fitness forum. 3nodding Don't let the young'uns turn lazy like me! gonk

…₩e ₳re Ƀut ₣rail ₴ouls łn ₮his ₦ever €nding night ₴ky

Toothsome Elder

A health and fitness forum would be amazing.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Tensaibishonen
question is - why so much </3?

Toothsome Elder

Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Tensaibishonen
I feel like any time someone requests something that isn't a high priority for other users there is the perception that working on that feature will take away time from the features that they are interested in, so downvotes.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
i would love for Gaia to have a running team of sorts, and one thing lead to another.

How cool would it be if Gaia arranged some sort of across-America relay race of Gaia members thing during the Summer Olympics surprised (sadly that would leave out people in other countries, so maybe arrange some in other countries that a large number of Gaians come from)

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Tensaibishonen
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Tensaibishonen
I feel like any time someone requests something that isn't a high priority for other users there is the perception that working on that feature will take away time from the features that they are interested in, so downvotes.
hm, that's a good point

btw, where did you get the widget in your signature? can't find it on the site

Toothsome Elder

Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Tensaibishonen
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Tensaibishonen
hm, that's a good point

btw, where did you get the widget in your signature? can't find it on the site
I looked up "weight loss widget" on google and it was one of the top links 3nodding

Tipsy Smoker

I would love this idea. Hopefully the forum will be filled with mature discussions about health rather than trolling.

Shameless Nerd

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
I throw in my support for this forum.

And still congrats to Sisky. That is amazing and wonderful.

Trash Witch

I'd love a forum like that!

It would have to have a good mod presence though.
I could see trolls having a bloody hay-day with it, sadly.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Totally gonna try drumming up popular support
Might start an e-team
That's a great idea! You should totally start a running discussion group and an e-team for support and motivation.

Alumina Kisarri
I'm not much of an active person, myself, but I do like the idea of a Health & Fitness forum. 3nodding Don't let the young'uns turn lazy like me! gonk

That's ok, you don't have to be super active to join in - maybe there is one thing you like to do that you could discuss and find others who share your love of that activity! biggrin

Tensaibishonen
Excellent! Glad to hear it ^^

Tensaibishonen
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Tensaibishonen

Very interesting theory - you might be right! And while I understand that there are issues that are a higher priority for others, and things they want to see fixed or implemented, this shouldn't stop us from continuing to make new and easy changes for growth and site improvement. Creating a forum is not difficult and wouldn't take away from any time spent on other larger projects biggrin

Ceaen
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
i would love for Gaia to have a running team of sorts, and one thing lead to another.

How cool would it be if Gaia arranged some sort of across-America relay race of Gaia members thing during the Summer Olympics surprised (sadly that would leave out people in other countries, so maybe arrange some in other countries that a large number of Gaians come from)

This is a really excellent suggestion! Not sure how we could implement it, but I'll give it some thought and see if there is not something we can do to get everyone moving a bit. The Olympics would be the perfect time! ^^

Akasha Heartilly
I throw in my support for this forum.

And still congrats to Sisky. That is amazing and wonderful.

Thanks for the kind words, and for the forum support! Glad this idea is being received with positivity. I really believe it could be a great thing for the community biggrin

Raya Kioma
I'd love a forum like that!

It would have to have a good mod presence though.
I could see trolls having a bloody hay-day with it, sadly.

Chahklet
I would love this idea. Hopefully the forum will be filled with mature discussions about health rather than trolling.

Sadly, indeed, trolls are a part of life on the internet. I've thought about this, and don't see any way to completely avoid the trolls. That said, as always, abuse won't be tolerated and we'll deal with abuse if it should arise. My hope is that the community support will be so overwhelming that whatever negativity might be posted, it will be overshadowed by the positivity of the community.

I know the things trolls say to be hurtful can be effective. That is the troll's agenda - reveling in someone else's pain to get amusement. Let's collectively work on not owning that hurt - work at recognizing such statements for what they are, report them, and move on. How we, the community members, react to such posts either empowers or dis-empowers the troll. Let's not give them that power to affect us, and focus on the positive comments and support we receive from others.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

I almost want to say it should be a Hot Topic for a while. A health+Fitness forum would be great~.
And that's coming from a lazy sack of bones. emo *really needs to start up running again*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff