Welcome to Gaia! ::

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

Hey yo Gaia, how are things?

Here's a little morsel for you all to ponder: DATES ON OPEN TRADES!

So I thought I would make a little post saying how amazingly awesome it would be if we could name our trades again. I recall being able to do this in the past, but something somewhere happened that caused a bug so that every time you name a trade, then close out of it, the name reverts back to the default "Trade from Player 1 to Player 2" format.

Hopefully, somewhere in between fixing up all the little things you all have been working on for us lately (thank you by the way even if I don't use some of the features that are being worked on, it's just lovely to see it! ) this little bug can be squashed as well!

Reasons I think this would be helpful:
• For commission purposes - as someone who collects a ton of art, it would be super helpful for me to keep track of the date trades were created.
• On the artist side of things, I imagine they'd like it too?
• General organizational purposes that I'm sure all you fantastic folks, you being my fellow Gaians, could come up with.

They show up in your trade history with dates upon completion but those that are open would be fab! I again, seek out a lot of commissions and having dates at a quick glance would help me keep track of how long those have been open, without having to dig through the art threads themselves to find when I posted!

To be frank, I think trades as a whole could use an overhall but I imagine that's a very large undertaking and maybe a project for another day but this would be a small step towards that hopefully! Also, thank you for increasing the trade window there devs, that's super super helpful. emotion_kirakira

Edited - Cause I'm a silly butt and Xya was very helpful ahaha. Wow go me! <3

Pls be kind this is like my first thread in SF though I've lurked for ages and post once in a blue moon when I have something to share. <3

Ruthless Wench

Click the "Change" button that is between the title and Flynn's picture. When you are done with your title you click "Done" then accept the trade as normal. The title sticks ^^

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

Xya
Click the "Change" button that is between the title and Flynn's picture. When you are done with your title you click "Done" then accept the trade as normal. The title sticks ^^

:< Yeah that's the trouble. Does the name stick only after fully accepting the trade? What about open trades? It seems to not stick on open trades, even after clicking "change" and "done". I've tried it before, and never seems to remain named!

Ruthless Wench

Sins of an Angel
Xya

:< Yeah that's the trouble. Does the name stick only after fully accepting the trade? What about open trades? It seems to not stick on open trades, even after clicking "change" and "done". I've tried it before, and never seems to remain named!

Yeah, the naming feature works. I just tested it a second time. Only the sender can change titles of open trades, though.

You have to also make sure that you re-enter the password when you change the title, just like when adding and removing items/gold since this is considered a change of the trade by the system.

You may want to clear your cache and cookies to make sure that is not the culprit :3

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

Xya

Well I'm silly. XD That sure did it. <3 Thanks Xya, though I still stand by my suggestion of dates for open trades haha!

Ruthless Wench

Sins of an Angel
Xya

Well I'm silly. XD That sure did it. <3 Thanks Xya, though I still stand by my suggestion of dates for open trades haha!

Glad to be of service~ *flourishing bow*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces