Welcome to Gaia! ::

Justicat's Queen

Lucky Wife

13,425 Points
  • Married 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
I don't know if this can be fixed, and normally I wouldn't complain about something so tiny as a mall laying problem.. But this is actually causing me a bit of trouble with Danse des Etoiles.

User ImageUser Image

At least for me, whenever I use one of my Astras; Mini gold and black flapping angel wings, Orange and cream tipped ninetails, Dark Brown and Black Tanuki tail, or Whipping gold devil tail, I find that the astra disappears behind the background!
I'm thinking it is only the items that go on the backside of the avi that are having the problem, but I'm not certain, however the ones mentioned above follow this. On the other hand, all the astras I have such as ears or foreground astras(Like the golden sparkles) work absolutely fine.

On this note, I want to mention that if you turn the avi so the back is facing out, you can see the items are there, they simply wont show above the Danse Etoiles background with the avi turned forward.
User Image

I'm not going to demand a fix as I don't know how easy it would be to fix it(I'm not a programmer or any skilled person with computer abilities, haha) but I'd really like to see it fixed if it can be done.
It makes it a lil tough to use the item when my astras get botched up. I'd also like to note, that I'm not sure if this is the same with any of the danse recolors as I haven't checked.

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
User Image
                                  Do these do this with any other background?
                                  Last I checked, Astra items are coded such that they either have to be the very bottom layer or the very top one.
                                  So this isn't TOO surprising.
                                  So if you're finding that astra items work with other backgrounds theeeeen I guess I'm just outdated on my Astra info.
                                  But if this happens consistently with backgrounds, that's probably just the way they're coded? XP
                                  owo

Justicat's Queen

Lucky Wife

13,425 Points
  • Married 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
Ky to the rescue

I don't really have any other backgrounds so I can't really check I'm afraid but you're probably right. Would be nice if they coded above the backgrounds.. but I suppose that would be a lot of work ;u;

Just something that's been driving me nuts so I thought I might as well bring it up.
I honestly know nothing about the layering system or Astra's so this was just thing I was noticing that was bothering me a bit. Likely something I'll just have to suck up and get over, though, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff