Welcome to Gaia! ::

I approve! Thank you!

That said, I'd like to express just why I'm so grateful. I feel that it's important to mention the why.

With the amount of gold that the gold generators* have put in the system, it's been feeling more and more like a pay-to-play site for those of us who don't/can't buy from the cash shop. It feels unfair and disheartening to see such impossible numbers in the marketplace. Some would argue that the inflation means the marketplace is suffering from an unhealthy economy, and while I certainly see their points of view, I also know that large numbers don't necessarily mean it's unhealthy**. However, it is unfair for those who are still relying on traditional means of making gold (forums/games/etc.). Though, I strongly believe that updating the daily chance's payout is a step in the right direction.

I think the key to getting users to accept the state of the economy isn't to "fix" anything, but adapt the rest of the site to compensate to the horrific inflation we've been seeing so that it's fair for everyone who wants to enjoy the site, but can't afford to support the site via cash shop.

As for the GoFusion portion of the Daily Chance update--everything said about the gold payout applies here too. I'm really enjoying the opportunity to use this new feature that I otherwise wouldn't be able to without spending money I can't afford to part with.

In conclusion: This is an awesome update, even though it's a "little" one. Thank you!

*For the record, I'm not a fan of GGs and wish they wouldn't be released anymore. I understand that Gaia costs money to keep going; it's a business and it needs revenue, but GGs are unfair, and there are many other ways to profit from the cash shop without selling GGs.

**I know this is debatable, but it's also off topic, so let's avoid that debate, 'kay?

Undead Enchantress

I love finally seeing big numbers. Still won't make me competitive, but I guess it's nice to see if nothing else.

Conservative Genius

11,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I totally agree. Seeing the big numbers actually made me smile, thinking that they are finally starting to see that it's better to stop destroying this site..
I may be naive, but I was actually pleased to see that they had the interest of creating a survey, too.
Erynne
Galenarie

The big numbers feel a little bit like a sigh of relief after a tense situation. Daily Chance was never meant to be a get rich quick thing, but with the way things are now, it was getting almost pointless to even click them. I'm super happy to see that things are getting taken care of.

And, Galenarie, that survey made me happy too. It feels like they are listening!

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Perfect Saint

Compared to the payout from yesterday, I think they toned down the gold given. I just got mostly below 100k when yesterday, it was below 1M. Still better than the loose change from before.

Dapper Noob

Myrielle
Compared to the payout from yesterday, I think they toned down the gold given. I just got mostly below 100k when yesterday, it was below 1M. Still better than the loose change from before.

I dunno, I still got 500k once out of it today, so might have just been having a bit of bad luck, unless it was changed after I did my pulls for the day.

Perfect Saint

Pewpewkachu
Myrielle

I dunno, I still got 500k once out of it today, so might have just been having a bit of bad luck, unless it was changed after I did my pulls for the day.
How long ago did you pull? I did it 30 minutes ago. A friend still got decent ones after midnight, yet another got even less than I did just now.

Dapper Noob

Myrielle
Pewpewkachu
Myrielle

How long ago did you pull? I did it 30 minutes ago. A friend still got decent ones after midnight, yet another got even less than I did just now.

I don't remember, but it was at least a few hours ago.
they should have put the gold increase in the daily chance before they did the gold generators (perhaps maybe a month or so after they came out) to give new gaians a chance to earn gold before relying on the gold generators

Perfect Saint

Chi Chi Rebelion
they should have put the gold increase in the daily chance before they did the gold generators (perhaps maybe a month or so after they came out) to give new gaians a chance to earn gold before relying on the gold generators
Water under the bridge. I think the inflation would have occurred earlier as well. Also, the gold increase from the DC back in August last year won't be anywhere near the gold you see now. The reference values are based on today's economy not before the advent of gold gens. You'd be seeing much smaller values back then as well. The increase may not even be there were it not for the gold gens as well, if you think about it. However, once gold gens come out, whatever advantage new Gaians had will be quickly outstripped anyway leaving them in the dust in no time.

It looks like they're still tweaking the values being released by the DC. I'll check again tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff