Welcome to Gaia! ::

What other races would you want to see more in plot/ events?

Orcs 0.060606060606061 6.1% [ 12 ]
Imps 0.075757575757576 7.6% [ 15 ]
Centuars 0.1010101010101 10.1% [ 20 ]
Naga 0.065656565656566 6.6% [ 13 ]
Demons 0.1010101010101 10.1% [ 20 ]
Angels 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 18 ]
Dragons 0.23737373737374 23.7% [ 47 ]
Dwarves 0.025252525252525 2.5% [ 5 ]
Valkyr 0.080808080808081 8.1% [ 16 ]
Other 0.16161616161616 16.2% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 198 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Distinct Explorer

Give other characters and races a chance in the plot and events. I think subspecies of all these zombies and vampires is long gotten stale and tiresome. There's a lot of mystery surrounding your fictional races that we still have yet to learn.

For example: What about the Doptera race that's mentioned in the Prism Butterfly Mantilla? It tells of only the queen of that race and how she died at the hands of a greedy and jealous, evil king, but what about the rest of the Doptera? Have they selected a new queen to preserve their species? Did they form an alliance to seek revenge on this king who killed their queen, or did the Doptera scatter and everyone's pretty much off, doing their own thing? And, if that is the case, then why not give focus to a single Doptera and give it it's own plot or event and character development through a journey or conflict or something.

Or what about the Dwarves, that were mentioned in the MC text off the Mythril Armor? We learn that many of them painstakingly mine a mineral move valuable than gold; called Mythril out of the Mythra Mountains, and are unionized workers, and in a more recent time, we got a dwarven character called Brewmater Barly, in the Valefor Academy, CI, but why can't we get a plot/ event that revolves around dwarven folk?

How about introducing a race of highly evolved Fishmen and giving them their own manga arc, after Gino's journeys of becoming a man?

You have a ton of other races and characters to choose from. Focus on one, or hell, preferably all of them! The more, the better! But please, cut back a little on over-saturating your plot and events with the same, tired, vampire characters, and over 9000 subspecies of zombie types. Since you like cats so much, why not throw focus to an anthropomorphic Bakeneko or Nekomata in the plot and events? It wouldn't be all that strange, when you consider we already have one talking cat (two, if you include Bob, from one of your sign-up intro's), and that these cat demons can make themselves appear human.

Maybe for the people who don't like cats so much, just give a not in events and a plot arc to this Serpentine Priestess and her snake-based cult. if you're going to do an event around this, Naga body potions, plz. Even angels like Ciro, or demons (or demon rabbits), like Radio Jack could be given more spotlight.

Just

cut

back

on

all

the

vamps

and

zombies

a

little BIG

bit.

I'm not asking you to get rid of them completely, just throw more focus on the other characters and races you have floating around, ok, Gaia?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

*_* i would explode with joy if there was a plot around the Serpentine Princess.
WE NEED MORE SNAKEY GOODNESS ALL HAIL TO THE SNAKE LADY scream

*cough*
I mean...
It would be very nice if Gaia went on an expansion on its own races, especially after going through the traditional monsters of old.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I support this suggestion. We can definitely use a break from vampires and zombies.

Divine Hellhound

Agreed. I'm tired of Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves.
And that's saying something because I've always loved Werewolves.

We need something different. If you've got a big enough imagination, you can make pretty much anything frightening.

{that parasite costume off of Face-Off scared the beejeezus outta me.}

Distinct Explorer

Slick Southpaw
*_* i would explode with joy if there was a plot around the Serpentine Princess.
WE NEED MORE SNAKEY GOODNESS ALL HAIL TO THE SNAKE LADY scream

*cough*
I mean...
It would be very nice if Gaia went on an expansion on its own races, especially after going through the traditional monsters of old.
I think snakes are pretty cool, myself, and I'm really interested in knowing what's going down in that snake cult. What they're plotting, how big an impact they have on certain Gaia areas, or how threatening and influencial the cult might be, and all. Perfect way to find all of that out- plot and events
it would be more than nice if they expanded on other races, it'd be ******** fantastic!

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Yes; please. I'm sick of all the zombies, vampires, and wolves. Just anything different would be a great relief. Except zombie vampire wolves.

Rainbow Borg

13,400 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I wouldn’t mind at all if they focused on other races besides vampires ,zombies and werewolves . In fact it would be a great change in my opinion.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Ehhh, I don't really want them to add in new races and groups from item descriptions. But I wouldn't say no to them doing more with races/groups they're already introduced, like orcs, centaurs and dark elves. (The Kuro gang is involved in the latest plot, admittedly, but we're not really seeing much of them even though they're supposedly behind it all.)

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
*cough* and Diedrich*cough* Though they've been nicely quiet with him, and that's awesome. *shot*
Seriously, thare be more species on Gaia than those three.

Distinct Explorer

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
I support this suggestion. We can definitely use a break from vampires and zombies.
Thanks for the support. Appreciate it. I was worried I'd be the only one who'd want a break from zombies and vamps. Judging from your avi, I'm guessing you're backing a Doptera plot/ event?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Fractale
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Thanks for the support. Appreciate it. I was worried I'd be the only one who'd want a break from zombies and vamps. Judging from your avi, I'm guessing you're backing a Doptera plot/ event?
Pfft, I always be rocking wings. cool

Distinct Explorer

Nin Ur

Agreed. I'm tired of Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves.
And that's saying something because I've always loved Werewolves.

We need something different. If you've got a big enough imagination, you can make pretty much anything frightening.

{that parasite costume off of Face-Off scared the beejeezus outta me.}
That's true. Specifically, for Halloween, they don't have to stick to the same old, same old. Like you said, imagination its the key, and even bright and magical creatures can be made frightening. Faceless faeries, anyone? A rogue mob of pixie serial killers with pickaxes? Vengeful unicorns?

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I don't think half the items and descriptions we have are canon or even viable as such. We really haven't had that much as far as Vampires and Zombies if you think about it.

Yes, 04/05 had G CORP and Zombies but besides the summer Olympics and the 4-way battle event we really didn't have much for Zombies. As far as the plot, only two of those events were even considered to be real plots, being 04 and 05. (in my opinion)

Vampires have only had one major event if memory serves me right. The second being the 4-way battle and that wasn't focused on any species in particular. A few events have featured Vampire NPCs but they weren't Vampire events.

I would like to see more species in the lime light but I don't want to see Vampires and Zombies get neglected by any means but first I'd rather have the Dark elves, Centaurs, Imps and Orcs that were introduced get some attention before digging out old forgotten item descriptions and other far fetched sources for content.
User Image

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

summer event with fish people and logan heart

Distinct Explorer

Andromeda Phoenix
*cough* and Diedrich*cough* Though they've been nicely quiet with him, and that's awesome. *shot*
Seriously, thare be more species on Gaia than those three.
I'm glad they've been holding back Diedrich, lately. I can't tell you how happy I am that he's not in every. single. event. these days. I hate his furry little guts, but if he can be put to better use than eventderp, I'd embrace him being used for a weekly Gaia report that provides character/ area expansion, with Flynn. Best use he can be usd for, imo.

It upsets me that Gaia's trying to back themselves with the excuse of “The repeated themes just speaks to certain themes' popularity.” Like I mentioned in tonight's ATA- that's bullshit. Feed me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day, and it gets old fast. That's what they're pulling with the constant, zombie and vampire plots and events every time. There's a huge pool of characters and species that aren't vampires and 395205706 subspecies of zombie that Gaia can experiment with. Use them. There's so much potential in those item description races and characters, alone, and it kils me that they're not being expanded on. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff