Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jean Noh
now I'm starting to think there needs to be some sort of action in addition to the standard apology. I can't believe Gaia's servers are THAT unstable that they still won't unseal the kickstart gates (or wherever the stability lies, I'm not a programmer).

The only compensation I'd want of Gaia is to have a
TIMELY-MANNER BACK UP PLAN.
That's it.
I mean, its 2015!
How long do you think they're going
to last like this?

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Object of Affection 150
nicole6251
The One Who Is Freed
nicole6251
The One Who Is Freed
nicole6251

The cash shop is the worst. I don't know about you but I'm broke and any money I do get, cannot be used for fun, just school. Gaia is only fun for me for the outfits honestly, because my friends all got tired of their crap a while ago. They hardly push out affordable items and the ones they do aren't very impressive usually. It's ridiculous. And don't get me started on the millions of recolors that they release RIGHT AFTER they let out a new item.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't really have the funds for the cash shop, though I do rarely purchase gaia cash if there's something I reeeeeally want (mainly because hell if I can afford it otherwise). The most ridiculous thing is the freaking limited quantity items. Why should we put a limit on pixels that we are spending up to $10 on? More importantly, why should we put a limit on pixels? All it does is serve to make those who can afford to spend money on this site richer and make those who don't or can't poorer. And YES all the recolors. All I have to say is the animal version of the Dragonslayers. Two in one day. Really Gaia?

When the cash shop first came out, I didn't really have a problem with it. After all, websites do need funding and they used to have unique, interesting items. It's just that nowadays, it's less like funding the website and more like trying to squeeze Gaians for every penny.

If only we at least got semi-regular gold shop updates...

I know what you mean. The cash shop is a temptation. Big time. But the amount of updates is ridiculous. Bunches every day and then they update gold shop items every blue moon and most of the time it's all gold sinks. I rant about it often.

That is very, very true. Most the recent gold shop updates are too costly for the items worth. Then again, what good does ranting and raving do at this point? We aren't the only ones who are a little bit disgruntled by the whole thing, to say the least. But Gaia has turned a blind eye to every single thread I've frequented on the issue.

But alas we've also digressed from the topic. Back to your main point, it's absolutely true that Gaia will do nothing about the Gates aside from issue said Staff Update that they had earlier.

Of course they won't. Some people are saying they want an apology at least bit I'm thinking we're going to just get a notice that it is fixed. That's it. Sorry by the way. I tend to stray off topic often.

Lol right? It's so easy to get off topic when the subject is how disgruntled we are about Gaia. But yeah, you're right that we'll get nothing but an 'okay you can finally have your things when they have no value to most of you' message.
Jean Noh

I totally agree with what you and others have said about us donators having first shot at all the Gates for the profit/items. I mean, considering Gaia does that with the Advance Chance RIG bundles that people pay real monies for, I think they should consider this basically the same thing. Why penalize the people who helped everything in the donation gold sinks possible? Granted, there are a lot of people saying it doesn't matter because of this being a gold sink, but I still think that Gaia should have at least considered those who participated in it and given us at least SOMETHING special like that. We don't necessarily need free items or gold, just something that makes the kickstarter donators feel special and that Gaia cares about them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff