Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think it would be a great feature to add to the current 'You own this item' in the cash shops. Since the different variations/colors of the same item are of the same price, it would be be convenient to be able to trade between them to match your current outfit theme. It removes the hassle of buying two items of the same kind and putting one up in the marketplace.

Sexy Assailant

Two words: "Gold Sink".

Rhine Elmao's Waifu

Extreme Garbage

Not only is it a gold sink, but the system makes sense as is.

Say there's a pair of jeans you like IRL and they come in three different colours. You couldn't just buy one pair, decide you wanted another colour and then go back to the store to trade them back, even if they're of the same value. You'd have to buy a whole new pair for another colour.
Good Morning My Son
Not only is it a gold sink, but the system makes sense as is.

Say there's a pair of jeans you like IRL and they come in three different colours. You couldn't just buy one pair, decide you wanted another colour and then go back to the store to trade them back, even if they're of the same value. You'd have to buy a whole new pair for another colour.

Gaia's not really the paradigm of reality.
Lidke

I think alchemy is doing that beautifully.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
GeeBee001
Lidke

Not really.

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Alchemy is an entirely different feature from the gold shop. For one, the gold shop has been here since the beginning and people have quite often bought all the colors of the sets that get released. They are not going to make it so we can trade different colors, you are going to have to buy those different colors. As a gold sink, the shops are simple, effective, and used by every single user. They're not going to change any of that just because alchemy exists. (In fact, considering some of the requirements, alchemy probably makes gold shops a more effective gold sink.)

Besides, I think it'd be more of a hassle to constantly trade for them whenever you want to change colors anyway.

Unstoppable Krampus

Gold shop items are relatively cheap. Just buy the new items.

User Image

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
GeeBee001
Lidke

Not really, the feature still isn't being used that much because most of the recipes require a lot of items to use. The GS is still the biggest goldsink on the site. GS items aren't that expensive, you can just buy the second color. Don't even have to sell the first one, what's wrong with owning the same item in different colors?

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
The items aren't leaving the shops so there is no worry about inflation. Therefore, I don't see the point in making them swapable. I saved up gold and either mass bought sets or saved and bought them item by item when I had the gold.

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
I had every color of the Elven Sets and jewelry until I sold them all off to help me get my Minthamella. I fully intend to buy them back as soon as I have more of my gold back, then I plan to get back the other items I sold off for Alchemy.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Didn't the cash shop become a normal shop for a while... ?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff