Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Gaia,

I know I’ve made suggestions about the AMC forum before , but now I’d like to bring attention to one of the sub-forums in the AMC forum and make a suggestion for it. The forum I refer to is the Anime player forum, used for suggesting animes to play in the anime player feature on the site.

As of right now, the anime player forum is chock full of either spam threads or low content threads which really is not good. So I would like to suggest one of two things to fix this.

1. Add more mods/ forum assistants to the forum. Currently Megaman Psy is the only mod and I know he’s probably busy with other things, so it might be nice if we could have some forum assistants from another forum , or another mod in there to deal with the spam.

2. Add to the rules of the forum: Perhaps add something that requires users to list reasons why this anime should be put into the player instead of allowing just short threads that say “play X anime in the anime player”

3. Remove the forum all together : Honestly , I am not sure if anyone actually uses the anime player, but perhaps instead of a whole forum for that a sticky in the AMC forum might suffice or some other method.

I feel that doing one of these would truly benefit the forum.

EDIT : So I went to ATA tonight, they told me they have no plans to remove or update the player which means it stays as is. So the thread will continue off that basis

Heroic Lunatic

18,750 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
What's the status on the Anime player anyways, is it even getting new anime?

Might as well can that feature and the subforum.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shintouyu

I do not know, Someone should really ask that in the Ask the Admin thread tonight. Because if they’re not giving it new anime then you’re right there’s no point to have the sub-forum or the feature .

Heroic Lunatic

18,750 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
Tsuki_Kirkland
Shintouyu

I do not know, Someone should really ask that in the Ask the Admin thread tonight. Because if they’re not giving it new anime then you’re right there’s no point to have the sub-forum or the feature .
It's at five PST, right?
I think I can find time to pop in.

Also weird, I feel like we recently got a poll asking whether we use the Anime Player or no-
Oh, here it is.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shintouyu
Tsuki_Kirkland
Shintouyu

It's at five PST, right?
I think I can find time to pop in.

Also weird, I feel like we recently got a poll asking whether we use the Anime Player or no-
Oh, here it is.

I think so , I’ll be popping in too to put this suggestion in and ask what’s up with the player . Ah interesting, I wonder if that means they were going to remove it. Either way something has to be done about the forum.

Dangerous Visionary

Tsuki_Kirkland
Gaia,

I know I’ve made suggestions about the AMC forum before , but now I’d like to bring attention to one of the sub-forums in the AMC forum and make a suggestion for it. The forum I refer to is the Anime player forum, used for suggesting animes to play in the anime player feature on the site.

While it does seem very likely that both the anime player and the forum might just be removed sometime shortly. You may want to post your suggestions here AMC forum changes

Personally, I would just do away with that forum as well as many others.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Gaia,

While it does seem very likely that both the anime player and the forum might just be removed sometime shortly. You may want to post your suggestions here AMC forum changes

I may just do that in addition to asking at the ask the admin tonight about changes or it being removed. I agree to just getting rid of it though, its just an extra forum no one’s really using and cluttering up the AMC forum sub-forums.

Dangerous Visionary

Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Gaia,

I may just do that in addition to asking at the ask the admin tonight about changes or it being removed. I agree to just getting rid of it though, its just an extra forum no one’s really using and cluttering up the AMC forum sub-forums.

Well you have my support in any case. Good luck over on ATA tonight. I have class so yeah can't really help with that anymore.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Gaia,

Well you have my support in any case. Good luck over on ATA tonight. I have class so yeah can't really help with that anymore.

Thanks for the support, hopefully something will come of this idea.

Dangerous Visionary

Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Gaia,

Thanks for the support, hopefully something will come of this idea.

Well seems like Gaia has their listening ears on atm. They listen to me about putting a Fall TV Hot Topic so ANYTHING is possible

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607

That’s good to know they’re listening, maybe they’ll listen to my idea then if they listened to yours and others.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Keeping this alive

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Thanks so much for making this thread. I've seen that forum, but it's a cesspool, so I never posted there.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Tenko72
Thanks so much for making this thread. I've seen that forum, but it's a cesspool, so I never posted there.

You’re welcome, and yes it is a cesspool which is why I hope to get it changed .

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
keeping this alive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers