Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Frozen Mist
I think it's important to ask anyone who tries defending it, if they've actually played them before.
i have and I don't entirely defend it so much as UNDERSTAND

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Opera Phantomess
Celeste Starfyre
When I have a better chance at getting an angelic scarf Angelic Halo than one of their so called awesome rare RIG prizes I think Gaia needs to take their heads out of their rear ends.

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Fixed. wink

Topic at hand: Playing an RIG is in fact a form of gambling, something that is illegal to all US citizens below the age of twenty-one especially since odds are not transparent for each individual item or level. The fact that real money is involved makes me wonder if Gaia has ever received threats of being sued by parents or others associated with the site in some way because of it. Of course, that will not keep Gaia from releasing these each month until staff members are sitting in court defending the site's very existence.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
i would be right to state that these games are more like those you'd see in a Dave & Busters than in Vegas or behind the counter of a convenience store

If you don't know what that means, non-US readers, it's a bar, grill, and arcade chain

Assimilated Wolf

I'd love to see some statistics about how the odds in the CIs have changed.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Opera Phantomess
Celeste Starfyre
When I have a better chance at getting an angelic scarf Angelic Halo than one of their so called awesome rare RIG prizes I think Gaia needs to take their heads out of their rear ends.

Fixed. wink

Topic at hand: Playing an RIG is in fact a form of gambling, something that is illegal to all US citizens below the age of twenty-one especially since odds are not transparent for each individual item or level. The fact that real money is involved makes me wonder if Gaia has ever received threats of being sued by parents or others associated with the site in some way because of it. Of course, that will not keep Gaia from releasing these each month until staff members are sitting in court defending the site's very existence.

To put it simply, no. Gambling is putting money in with the chance of getting either zero money or some money back. This isn't putting money in with the chance of getting zero money or some money back. No matter what, you WILL get a prize or an award.
Madame Cosette
This thread has helped convince me that I dislike this site anymore, and the way people have started to act here. Again, I am not insulting -myself- when saying something in humor that is inclusive to my -own- sexual preferences. Anyhow, I'd rather casually joke about a term and do good things that matter to help others IRL, than gripe on a forum.

Frankly I don't give two ******** about yours or anyone else's sexual preferences. I'm pansexual, gender matters very little to me, so MY post isn't really about offense, being offended or anything of the like. I have gay friends, we often use "gay" and "f*****t" and what ever else jokingly among each other, but I'm not going to do those things around people who are uncomfortable with it. Regardless, that's a bit of a tangent but I just wanted to get that out there so you know I'm not speaking from offense.
My problem is with you trying to give feedback, but resorting to childish namecalling in an attempt to get your point across and rile up others. That's where I take up issue with your post. It was completely unnecessary, and as I previously mentioned, I'm not going to take the rest of your post seriously as a result.

If you want people to listen to you then be constructive, don't do stupid, petulant bullshit.

As for the topic itself, I avoid rigs like a plague, never had luck with them, and I never will. So no, I don't notice anything regarding odds. Always seemed shitty to me.

Conversationalist

Opera Phantomess
Celeste Starfyre

Fixed. wink

Except it's not illegal the way Gaia and many other gaming systems present it. You give money to the system, but you don't get real tender back.

You should read this article, it's pretty closely related to how a lawsuit on Gaia might end up:
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/mom_sues_chuck_e._cheeses_says_kids_games_are_illegal_gambling_devices/
Woman tried suing Chuck E Cheese because the games had aspects of gambling that were based on chance.

More info: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-playing-a-carnival-type-game-for-virtual-items--692152.html

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
And even in Gaia's case you're still guaranteed a prize!!
Albeit a shitty one, 9 times out of 10. But a prize nonetheless.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Cecilia Davidson

Yeah, I think it's more on the same level as buying a pack of Pokemon cards. You have no way to know what you'll get, and some cards will be rarer than others.

Everyday Garbage

Opera Phantomess
I simply have to bring up that Gaia, while based in the US, is not solely a US site.
It is a worldwide site.
Not everything is bound to American law.
America is not the world.
People seem to forget that fact.

Setting this aside, the people above are right.
This isn't gambling.

Everyday Garbage

marshmallowcreampie
Yeah, I think it's more on the same level as buying a pack of Pokemon cards. You have no way to know what you'll get, and some cards will be rarer than others.
This was the greatest example of all time.
OF ALL TIME!

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
marshmallowcreampie
Cecilia Davidson

I have a tin somewhere in my closet full of Pokemon cards. Never got that 1st edition Charizard. emo

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Frozen Mist
See.

I made a thread about this 2 months ago, while forgotten reverie was still out. (or however long ago that was, idk)

People said I was just being butthurt and should accept that rigs have bad odds.

This is what happens when people are complacent with bullshit settings. It just gets worse.

Agreed.

Fashionable Genius

Morgue
You know what really hurts? Getting a Ladybug Poncho with no inventory sellback price & a going MP price of 8k. Yeah, I'm thrilled...

I hate that s**t! It's like you might as well donate something that low priced to the dumpster dive thing.

Sexy Assailant

Seriously, the odds on this RIG are lower than others I've played this year. It seems the better pixelated the items, the more likely gaia is going to shaft your a**.

Maybe I should use that 25 bucks on GW2 instead. At least you get what they say you are on their RIGs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff