Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Feeder

In case you didn't know, Celebrity Date was a monthly collectible.
It's one thing to sell it, but to practically give it away for free as a prize is messed up.

Lightbringer

Is there even a point to defending sanctity now? Pretty well every old promise has been tossed out the window. I'm not saying it's right or fair, only that we're getting ourselves worked up for no reason now. It's like walking into a waste management facility and complaining that it smells.

Benevolent Feeder

Takarashi
Is there even a point to defending sanctity now? Pretty well every old promise has been tossed out the window. I'm not saying it's right or fair, only that we're getting ourselves worked up for no reason now. It's like walking into a waste management facility and complaining that it smells.
Well, I feel like I still need to at least say something on the off chance they don't know how it's making some people feel.
Not much else I can do and I've accepted that.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Deep breaths. Relax.

It's an old MC, sure, and one that was largely forgotten and seldom used. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw Celebrity Date used with an actual avatar. Honestly. They're also giving out Sweetheart Pendants, which are also a Cash Item, as a free prize.

I mean, with all of the re-releases that are happening, I'm a little bit surprised that you're this upset about one of the most forgettable MCs. I doubt there was actually any demand for it, if any at all, before their re-release as a prize. Long story short, a lot of old MCs are being re-released. One of the less desired/valuable ones are being given away as prizes. I don't see the harm in this, to be honest. We've known for quite some time now that no MC is exempt from being re-released.

Lightbringer

NothingGold
Well, I feel like I still need to at least say something on the off chance they don't know how it's making some people feel.
Not much else I can do and I've accepted that.
I suppose so. The use it or lose it mentality is still important in some fashion.

Angelic Blob

I like that it is a prize, I always wanted to get one because they were the first companion items, but it would be best as a higher level. If anything a second set of Celebrity Date would have been nice.
Gaia is far too busy doing this to care.

User Image

On a serious note, many people have now gotten accustomed to Gaia having no respect to old items when it comes to making cash. I wish I could say this shocks me now. Do I like it? No. Of course not. Will it change? Probably not.

Benevolent Feeder

Bleeding Apocalypse
Deep breaths. Relax.

It's an old MC, sure, and one that was largely forgotten and seldom used. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw Celebrity Date used with an actual avatar. Honestly. They're also giving out Sweetheart Pendants, which are also a Cash Item, as a free prize.

I mean, with all of the re-releases that are happening, I'm a little bit surprised that you're this upset about one of the most forgettable MCs. I doubt there was actually any demand for it, if any at all, before their re-release as a prize. Long story short, a lot of old MCs are being re-released. One of the less desired/valuable ones are being given away as prizes. I don't see the harm in this, to be honest. We've known for quite some time now that no MC is exempt from being re-released.
lol, I'm not really that angry. I just don't feel like being nice and tolerant right now.
As you said, it wasn't a very popular MC so it's not such a big deal.
I don't want this to become a habit for them, though.

Sparkly Kitten

Bleeding Apocalypse
Deep breaths. Relax.

People these days just like to jump the gun and find anything wrong with Gaia these days.

Items are just items, I really wish people would stop being bawl babies because they where promised a long time ago that they wouldn't be re-released, when that's obviously false now.

At least they didn't give away an Angelic halo for free. =3 =

I kind of see this as a fair event giveaway. They're not against giving away items that were once in the Cash shop. Even if they're not that "valuable" (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), they're still nice prizes.

Conversationalist

Englesh Teecher
Gaia is far too busy doing this to care.

User Image

On a serious note, many people have now gotten accustomed to Gaia having no respect to old items when it comes to making cash. I wish I could say this shocks me now. Do I like it? No. Of course not. Will it change? Probably not.

Personally I believe that whoever made the decision to put Celebrity Date in the group of prizes probably doesn't know anything about Gaia's item MC culture. Which probably means they'll do it again.

Sometimes when you hire new people they know very little about the company they work for, so in the future if that employee puts MCs up as freebies, they might have no idea what an item being an MC even meant to users, at least from 2003-2012. Which means they wouldn't even care. Chalk it up to ignorance sometimes.

If the employee who put Celeb Date intentionally up as a prize knew it was an MC and what MCs meant to people, I'd say shame on them because they intentionally opened a can of worms. But we all know Gaia no longer shows any shame for their actions. They don't show their faces to users anymore anyway since ATA was gone, so they no longer really have any sense of accountability to their customers. So, lost cause either way whee

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
NothingGold
Bleeding Apocalypse
Deep breaths. Relax.

lol, I'm not really that angry. I just don't feel like being nice and tolerant right now.
As you said, it wasn't a very popular MC so it's not such a big deal.
I don't want this to become a habit for them, though.

*Ponder.*

I... don't honestly think it will become a habit, to give away old Cash Shop items or MCs for Switchem prizes. I mean, I can't say that I feel confidently about it, but I don't think it will happen again in the future. I think they hurriedly put those prizes in due to lack of an actual mini event. A last-minute thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff