• Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
19venomsnake
Sakura Parfait
19venomsnake
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake
gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Why are people doing the votes down? Ignorant people these days...geez gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Maybe because some people are annoyed by the stars!? rolleyes

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Stars like as in a popular person or as in Idk, Avi looking? gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Stars as in the Hatsya and Salph. Also, there are a lot of downvotes because OP has gotten a reputation for insisting that Gaia shove Hatsya and Salph into just about everything. In another one of her threads, she insisted on shoving the two into a future Year of the Horse item suggestion because "Poseidon is the god of horses and the father of Orion, who is the father of the star siblings". It doesn't fit at all because the phrase Year of the (insert animal zodiac here) is strictly a Chinese (or Vietnamese) New Year thing, and Hatsya and Salph have absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese New Year.

Now, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see more of your favourite NPC. But the way OP has been going about it is like those overzealous religious folks trying to shove their beliefs down your throat. And that's why a lot of the regs here have pretty much grown tired of her.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Hehehe, no dude. I'm not a fan of any NPC here. Btw, OP, what's that mean? Operative? Btw, what does religious believes have to do with Gaia? If they think it's against their believes, then Y not go play something else? That's just ignorance at its fullest. They signed or accepted a contract - as in like to sign up 4 Gaia. They should know better than to be doing this crazy controversy. gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

OP stands for original post(er).

It doesn't. Haven't you heard of using examples? I'm using the notion of religious people pushing their beliefs into other's throats as an example because that's basically what OP is doing--she's pushing her suggestion of including Hatsya and Salph into just about everything down the site's throat, and that's not cool. Again, nothing wrong with wanting to see more of your favorite NPC, but when almost every one of your threads is "I demand Salph and Hatsya in X, Y, and Z", you're crossing the line.

Newbie Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Sakura Parfait
19venomsnake
Sakura Parfait
19venomsnake
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake
gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Why are people doing the votes down? Ignorant people these days...geez gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Maybe because some people are annoyed by the stars!? rolleyes

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Stars like as in a popular person or as in Idk, Avi looking? gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Stars as in the Hatsya and Salph. Also, there are a lot of downvotes because OP has gotten a reputation for insisting that Gaia shove Hatsya and Salph into just about everything. In another one of her threads, she insisted on shoving the two into a future Year of the Horse item suggestion because "Poseidon is the god of horses and the father of Orion, who is the father of the star siblings". It doesn't fit at all because the phrase Year of the (insert animal zodiac here) is strictly a Chinese (or Vietnamese) New Year thing, and Hatsya and Salph have absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese New Year.

Now, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see more of your favourite NPC. But the way OP has been going about it is like those overzealous religious folks trying to shove their beliefs down your throat. And that's why a lot of the regs here have pretty much grown tired of her.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Hehehe, no dude. I'm not a fan of any NPC here. Btw, OP, what's that mean? Operative? Btw, what does religious believes have to do with Gaia? If they think it's against their believes, then Y not go play something else? That's just ignorance at its fullest. They signed or accepted a contract - as in like to sign up 4 Gaia. They should know better than to be doing this crazy controversy. gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

OP stands for original post(er).

It doesn't. Haven't you heard of using examples? I'm using the notion of religious people pushing their beliefs into other's throats as an example because that's basically what OP is doing--she's pushing her suggestion of including Hatsya and Salph into just about everything down the site's throat, and that's not cool. Again, nothing wrong with wanting to see more of your favorite NPC, but when almost every one of your threads is "I demand Salph and Hatsya in X, Y, and Z", you're crossing the line.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well it's not like Gaia is gonna do what she says. But then again, if ppl would of have done exactly what she said. Then why would that bother you? Can't U just set ur settings on like block the news or images and stuff? Simple, is it not? Well I know ignoring facts like these is not a simple feat. But as I said. I don't think Gaia would do that. Overall rules, believes and controversies. It's just a Game. It's not like we're (not me) are gonna be fighting over a game. I know that in the internet "Freedom of Speech" is allowed overall. So posting out your believes in this game shouldn't affect you, personally, not outrageously personally. That'll just be not cool. gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Winner

4,500 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
19venomsnake
gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well if adjusting their settings is simple enough, then I don't see what's the problem. I think that people are taking Gaia too seriously. Like 4real exclaim Btw, I just googled Flynn and she was like in a gold place like pirate. But that's how it works U know? People are advancing and advancing in appearances. But yes, sometimes the old stuff is better. I gotta admit, I still love some old stuff and I think that the new crap isn't compared to the old one. Probably because U grew with the old and having a new is quite a change wink gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

I can only speak for myself, so Idk why the others don't like them. I'm not against new stuff and changes generally. If they add a new NPC here and there, ok, but not if they literally kill old ones for them.

I kinda liked i.e. the old Flynn, because she was so normal and yeah, a bit boring. Since I'm a normal person in real life, I want so see at least a few normal people in the limelight too. That's why I personally don't see a need in more focus on the star people. The Hatsya EI for the looks ok, but no events, mangas, story or whatever around them.

Honestly since there are so many new NPCs around (not only the stars, also the people around Sen, Overseer, etc), I lost track and interest in Gaia's story. I don't read the mangas anymore, though I enjoyed the old ones.

So that's my personal reason why I don't want to see any more story around the star people. And since the thread has no poll, I had to use the downvote button to express my disagreement. It's nothing personal against the op, just a vote against the suggestion.

Newbie Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake
gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well if adjusting their settings is simple enough, then I don't see what's the problem. I think that people are taking Gaia too seriously. Like 4real exclaim Btw, I just googled Flynn and she was like in a gold place like pirate. But that's how it works U know? People are advancing and advancing in appearances. But yes, sometimes the old stuff is better. I gotta admit, I still love some old stuff and I think that the new crap isn't compared to the old one. Probably because U grew with the old and having a new is quite a change wink gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

I can only speak for myself, so Idk why the others don't like them. I'm not against new stuff and changes generally. If they add a new NPC here and there, ok, but not if they literally kill old ones for them.

I kinda liked i.e. the old Flynn, because she was so normal and yeah, a bit boring. Since I'm a normal person in real life, I want so see at least a few normal people in the limelight too. That's why I personally don't see a need in more focus on the star people. The Hatsya EI for the looks ok, but no events, mangas, story or whatever around them.

Honestly since there are so many new NPCs around (not only the stars, also the people around Sen, Overseer, etc), I lost track and interest in Gaia's story. I don't read the mangas anymore, though I enjoyed the old ones.

So that's my personal reason why I don't want to see any more story around the star people. And since the thread has no poll, I had to use the downvote button to express my disagreement. It's nothing personal against the op, just a vote against the suggestion.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well yeah, killing the old ones is quite sad. Not for me though cuz I don't really have something with or against any NPC here other than taking ages to do their jobs. But anyway, about the poll thing. There are 2 options. 1. Approve and 2. Disapprove. So simple, right? So here's my question. You said "since the thread has no poll" So if it had a poll would U still go with a down vote? Like, if it weren't for the none poll section or whatever that is call. U wouldn't of give a down poll. Am I right? gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Winner

4,500 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
19venomsnake
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well yeah, killing the old ones is quite sad. Not for me though cuz I don't really have something with or against any NPC here other than taking ages to do their jobs. But anyway, about the poll thing. There are 2 options. 1. Approve and 2. Disapprove. So simple, right? So here's my question. You said "since the thread has no poll" So if it had a poll would U still go with a down vote? Like, if it weren't for the none poll section or whatever that is call. U wouldn't of give a down poll. Am I right? gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Exactly. If there is a poll I use it to express my opinion. If not (or if the poll is something like yes/yes/absolutely yes), then I have to use the up-/downvote feature. It's not because I'm too lazy to post, but polls and/or the voting feature is probably the first thing the Gaia staff will notice when it comes to suggestions.

Newbie Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake

Exactly. If there is a poll I use it to express my opinion. If not (or if the poll is something like yes/yes/absolutely yes), then I have to use the up-/downvote feature. It's not because I'm too lazy to post, but polls and/or the voting feature is probably the first thing the Gaia staff will notice when it comes to suggestions.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well I'm not really familiar with poll things. But I guess I know what you're trying to say wink Let's say that U make an argument on a place that's official to the whatever U are gonna post. Like if U are gonna post something about music on the Forum - Music Section. What if U get like over 30 negative votes? Will the Admins or someone who operates the Gaia staff block it cuz of the votes or what? Cuz I've seen posts getting banned or blocked out of the blue because they had lots of low votes gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Winner

4,500 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
19venomsnake
gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Well I'm not really familiar with poll things. But I guess I know what you're trying to say wink Let's say that U make an argument on a place that's official to the whatever U are gonna post. Like if U are gonna post something about music on the Forum - Music Section. What if U get like over 30 negative votes? Will the Admins or someone who operates the Gaia staff block it cuz of the votes or what? Cuz I've seen posts getting banned or blocked out of the blue because they had lots of low votes gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

No, downvotes normally aren't a reason for mods/admins to block a thread. Maybe the blocked threads you've seen were blocked for other reasons, like trolling or content against the ToS (Terms of Service). This would explain the downvotes also. But no matter how many downvotes a thread has, as long as it doesn't break the ToS or the OP asks a mod to close it, it will most likely not be blocked.

Edit: The discussion about the voting feature is a bit off topic, so I'd suggest we should continue it using PMs. wink
Talk to you tomorrow, it's late in my timezone, I need to sleep. sweatdrop

Newbie Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Dom Toretto 1327
19venomsnake

No, downvotes normally aren't a reason for mods/admins to block a thread. Maybe the blocked threads you've seen were blocked for other reasons, like trolling or content against the ToS (Terms of Service). This would explain the downvotes also. But no matter how many downvotes a thread has, as long as it doesn't break the ToS or the OP asks a mod to close it, it will most likely not be blocked.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright Wise man or girl, Idk really. Anyway, yeah perhaps that was why they got banned or something dramallama gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff