"Hey! X is in the shop!"
"Hey! X is still in the shop!"
"Hey! X is leaving the shop ____ get it soon!"
"Hey! We're extending X in the shop! It will now leave ___"
"Hey! X has now leaving the shop for real!"

-next day-

"Hey! X is back!"

-repeat process each day-

what they could do, is have the date when its leaving in the description of the item or something
I also dont need a reminder that a certain item is in the shop
they could also announce when they want to pull it in the very first announcement introducing the item
or just compile a master list that ticks off each item leaving the shop. They've done it before and it creates way less clutter

with all the updates, it seems silly because I check in on the shop quite a few times so i usually have a general idea of whats in there and what isnt

also, they have banners for items, no need for more announcements when i see the item in the banner
the extra announcements are just overkill

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
  • Long-Distance Sniper 500
I wouldn't mind the announcements if they weren't about GC stuff. And if it was only once per month like they used to do with the MC stuff. I would rather just have one large announcement on all CG-related goodies instead of several a day.

Tipsy Smoker

II Mr Crayons II
Chahklet
The same announcements are giving me nightmares.

Tonight. You will have a nightmare about the Gaia HQ blackmailing you to buy GC. Haha
The cash sales are going to devour my soul. gonk

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
puella-insomnia
I'm pretty sure I just saw two within half an hour of each other. gonk
I saw that too. ._.
Amg.

Lover

This site has truly fallen from grace. I remember getting only one announcement a day, or none at all. It saddens me to see what Gaia Online has become, and despite all of our complaints and disdain, nobody at HQ is even listening to us or doing anything about this. I don't even care about the gold generators anymore. It's just this surplus of announcements that, quite frankly, we don't even need so much of. Why they can't get the memo is beyond me. I wish someone would start a boycott for this site. Seriously...

Adorable Warrior

jaghartrakigt
This.
Also, what the hell is with them sending spam over pm?
This, I've been getting PMs with the Oink or whatever it is in my PMs constantly,
and if you have mule accts its 2x if you have one mule, 3x if you have 2 mules plus your main, 4x if you have 3 mules or however many mule accts you have
gaia really needs to let us opt out of these announcements

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Don't you guys feel like there's something being hidden from us? Place isn't what it use to be.
II Mr Crayons II
Don't you guys feel like there's something being hidden from us? Place isn't what it use to be.
There's nothing being hidden. Gaia was bought out and is now 'under new management' a lot of the developers left when/shortly after that happened (which is why there are no ZOMG! updates, no one knows the code). Due to the backlash/amount of hate gaia's new CEO received over the direction he decided to take the company in you can't even post his name. He obviously decided he wanted a higher profit margin and took Gaia from being a largely community/userbase steered website to Zynga levels of spam on the likely chance that the same hoards of farmville/etc players would migrate here and waste their money on shiny things that are "s00per ultrarare!". Obviously they're making enough money to do so that the complaints of both their staff and their users aren't worth the effort to 'fix'. Loyalty =/= profit. It's annoying as hell, but it's nothing if not transparent.
I admit, I still like coming online to dress my avatar up in weird outfits, but I'm sick of this. Whenever I come on, now, I sift through the spam, hoping to find something I actually care about. But, I only come on about once or twice a month, now.

I mean, seriously? It's April Fools Day. Gaia's done an April Fool's Day gag every year since I first joined (probably about 8 years ago, now?).

This site's devolved into nothing than a cash cow and a bunch of annoying children, with a few interesting people peppered throughout. But, they're few an far between.

Good luck making a profit when all your current buyers realize Gaia's just the flavor of the month and stage a mass exodus. Child-like fickleness is a b***h.

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
i started to ignore the announcements and let them pile up for days and then i noticed that they werent sending as many. it seems to cap at 10... maybe this will work for you?

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
dancingprincess435
i started to ignore the announcements and let them pile up for days and then i noticed that they werent sending as many. it seems to cap at 10... maybe this will work for you?
Yea, it does cap at 10. But I hate seeing the word announcement on there. So as soon as I get home, I just sit there refreshing them all rather than clicking it one by one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff