Don't care 0.056910569105691 5.7% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 123 ]
1 2 >

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
It's a cash shop update and it belongs in an announcement.

Stop using alerts to advertise.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
If they could actually stick to one form of marketing, people wouldn't be getting so annoyed.

Cluttered Cat

14,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 1 Win 50
Owlie

Lately, it almost seems like they're doing some of this stuff deliberately. Maybe they enjoy riling people up.

They could have easily put that out as an announcement.
Owlie

Seriously. Didn't these sort of announcements use to be in, I dunno, PMs?

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Nova0437
If they could actually stick to one form of marketing, people wouldn't be getting so annoyed.

This exactly. Pick your method and stick to it.

Melodious Fairy

i'm honestly intrigued by this month's rig, but that was disappointing
i thought it was an alert that actually addressed the site

silly, silly me ~

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Jaxeen
Owlie

Lately, it almost seems like they're doing some of this stuff deliberately. Maybe they enjoy riling people up.

They could have easily put that out as an announcement.

They already had a banner ad for AC, I believe. If you can't be bothered to make an announcement, or the info is redundant, it's probably not that important.

Lightbringer

I was just thinking about this. Glad there's a thread already.

Perfect Saint

Maybe the person sending those ads never really reads the forums?
That would make some teeny-tiny sense.

No...not really.

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
If they're so determined to spam Staff Alerts with advertisements and have no intention of coming up with an alternative form of advertisement, can we get a new kind of notice for actual important updates/bug fixes to the site?

I'm not going to be buying GC for a very long time as it is. Especially around Christmas time when I'm purchasing presents for my family and friends. I have no interest in these sales, I've adblocked the horrendous advertisements and most of my friends have either quit or are very close to quitting.

There's literally almost no incentive for me to stick around on this site, let alone give you guys my money. Yet you still insist on putting advertisements everywhere you possibly can.

Fashionable Lunatic

gaia_crown
            I think they are fully conscious of the fact that many people are blatantly ignoring announcements but that some still are hopeful enough to still check the staff alerts and they're preying on that to continue to advertise.

I am desensitized for the most part at this point, but it does peeve me when they do things like this. I go to staff alerts to see what they're adding/taking away (or ******** up) to the site itself or events/etc. I don't want to see cash shop bullcockey. Thank.

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
Bugs me how most NPCs have more power in the 4th wall then the Admin NPC figurehead.

I JUST HOPE THERE WON'T BE A SECOND STAFF NOTICE ABOUT THE WHITE ONE.

Timid Bunny

i dont like that sales are being put into the staff alert, therefore i disabled it, and i disabled announcements too since it got too spammy..., and i dont even have to mention those javascript-popups?... >_<

Gaia, whats next?... your next try might as well be telepathy..., seriously, stop with all these damn cashgrabs for your own survival ~_~

Moonlight Fairy

26,225 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Object of Affection 150
The typical announcement doesn't excite me these day and it's ******** sad that I no longer look forward to staff alerts either. I use to love staff alerts. Getting a little behind the scenes of fixes or tip offs to little mini events. Hell, the majority of the staff don't update their journals like they consistently use to. After every EI day I would love to look at my journal subscriptions to see what artist posted art to accompany their evos.

Gaia use to be so awesome. What a shame.

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
That was the exact opposite of a staff alert

It was not about development, nor was it posted by staff

You've got to be kidding me, Gaia

Worst part is we can probably expect another one about the White bundle. It's cool that they're putting a story behind the CIs this month, but it couldn't be a full fledged announcement? Woulda been more exciting and it could have had both NPCs post simultaneously or something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff