Lunatic

Now what has been going on with all the rumble with
rainbow tickets and rich vendors buying them all of, making shitty MC
recolors, selling them all, buying more tickets then sky rocketing the
original MCs themselves.

Please no. This inflation is crazy as it is, I don't want ******** like these
making it even worse. Bring back the item chance bundles and the good
wins we used to get like OMG hats, DJs, mini wings etc. This is ridiculous
and making me really nuts. I cannot say how much I hate assholes like these vendors.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GAIA.
At least stop them ******** making these ridiuclous recolors which they trade
with each other, leaving no one even having a chance on buying tickets or
anything else they try to sky rocket with their profits.

Tipsy Smoker

Bring back regular EI's too!

Heart Tamer

As a non-a*****e vendor, I partly agree with this (I would also point out that it's exchangers for the most part, not vendors). I dislike it when people try to control the market on certain items. It's especially obnoxious when they do it to make their shitty recolors sell for more based on the price they're setting on the original. None of this helps the already ******** up economy. Since Gaia won't stop devaluing gold, the least they can do is make expensive 03s drop semi-regularly to bring down their prices. Even still, those who want to corner the market will probably buy them up in the long run and maintain the status quo. It's a small group of exchangers doing it though, not all of them.

However, while it certainly sucks that the only people who can afford tickets now are those who originally got rich off of them in the first place, I don't think it's right to stop them from recoloring whatever it is they want, ugly or not. The best thing Gaia can do is give away tickets in contests so your average user can obtain one. They also don't seem to have an issue selling them in thousand dollar bundles.

Anyhow, yeah, I've noticed the same circle of people have been monopolizing that market for a while now. I'm trying to make something worthwhile with my ticket that isn't simply a quick gold-grab, so that's my small part in contributing to interesting items.
User Image

it looks like one exchanger purchased all of the original of an item, so that they could sell their ugly a** recolor for trillions.
I really wish gaia would bring back the re-release/recolor RIGs that would grant 03's and other expensive items.. but it seems like gaia wants to keep these items expensive to get users to purchase their gold generators.
it's really shitty. /:

Big Noob

Looks like Gaia didn't foresee the monopolies and the extent of the effect of ultra-limited items. Maybe, they did and just didn't care? In any case, whatever was done to make rare items available earlier in the year was revered by tickets and LQIs: the new generation of items for hoarders and monopolizers. Gaia has put way too much power in a few people's hands. They need to do something about this financial oligarchy.

Relentless Beast

lost in the rhythm

may i ask what item this was? :s sketchy
nihil novi sub sole
lost in the rhythm

may i ask what item this was? :s sketchy
User Image

DJ Studio Headphones.

Relentless Beast

lost in the rhythm

is this that sadistic fella

what a chowderhead

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Agreed. It's tremendously shitty to allow one loser user to control a sought-after item, or any item aside from say, an SDPlus doll of themselves or something. It takes away enjoyment from other users, and makes Gaia look incompetent and/or malicious that they won't even take control over their own features. It's like allowing script kiddies to ruin towns and rally and the like - it makes them look stupid that users can abuse and manipulate the site to such an extent.

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Gash Thrashum
As a non-a*****e vendor, I partly agree with this (I would also point out that it's exchangers for the most part, not vendors). I dislike it when people try to control the market on certain items. It's especially obnoxious when they do it to make their shitty recolors sell for more based on the price they're setting on the original. None of this helps the already ******** up economy. Since Gaia won't stop devaluing gold, the least they can do is make expensive 03s drop semi-regularly to bring down their prices. Even still, those who want to corner the market will probably buy them up in the long run and maintain the status quo. It's a small group of exchangers doing it though, not all of them.

If we find the exchangers responsible for deliberately trying to manipulate the market in such a fashion, I wonder if they could get banned if we report them to the mods?

Intergalactic Sweetheart

GreeneyedPhantom
Gash Thrashum

If we find the exchangers responsible for deliberately trying to manipulate the market in such a fashion, I wonder if they could get banned if we report them to the mods?

Unfortunately that won't work if they are staff mules.

Heart Tamer

Sevalle
Looks like Gaia didn't foresee the monopolies and the extent of the effect of ultra-limited items. Maybe, they did and just didn't care? In any case, whatever was done to make rare items available earlier in the year was revered by tickets and LQIs: the new generation of items for hoarders and monopolizers. Gaia has put way too much power in a few people's hands. They need to do something about this financial oligarchy.

Doesn't seem like they care. I mean, they didn't see a problem dumping 133t in new gold onto one account or tens of trillions into other accounts.

GreeneyedPhantom

I'm not sure what their policy is on this. They've never been clear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff