Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Friend

NOW!

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I’d rather they not, it did not seem that the feature was that used and it’d be better if they fixed the site before bringing in any features . Oh and demanding won’t get you anything.

Sparkling Rogue

That feature honestly didn't work that well for my friends and me...as in broken, for some reason.

Formal Elocutionist

i used it frequently; now i have to go into towns just to IM people.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image

I agree. IM's are much more convenient than PMs.
I used them all the time to talk with my friends and to plan RP posts. It was my favourite part about gaia- being able to banter mindlessly with my friends. Helped keep in touch, ya know?

I'd love to have them back.

(oh, but you might want to edit your first post to have a bit more detail in it because otherwise I think your thread might get moved due to low content)

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I would rather Gaia didn't bring the IM's back since most users didn't use any of the IM systems that Gaia has had in the past. To me it's a waste of money.

But we've been told that they're looking into a new IM system. You just have to be patient. Gaia has to make it fit their lay out and they have to find a way to make money off of the IM system as all new features must pay for themselves nowadays.

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
i would prefer if they took their time and implemented a quality system
quality is something gaia seems to be struggling with...

but yeh, would enjoy IM ^^
gaia has way too many issues like a lack of caring for customer service to worry about this feature, i would rather not see one as i have never had one as a new user so no we dont need it
How about no? There are plenty of other free services out there for you to use. neutral

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I want it back. I enjoyed meebo and the one by aol. But yeah there is already a ton of social sites out there with a working IM feature. Gaia is just getting outdated in the social aspect as always.

Shaggy Lunatic

To be honest, I'm pretty sure a lot of people weren't/aren't aware that Gaia had an IM system BEFORE meebo. That thing was a piece of s**t, and I'd like that to stay away. However, if they introduced a feature kinda like meebo again, something that follows you around the site, I'd probably use it.

Angelic Friend

I wouldn't care much if they never bring it back, but it'd be nice if they did. I used to use it every now and then to chat with random friends. It was convenient!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff