Welcome to Gaia! ::

@Gaia Staff

Please Read Page #5 & #7

Who determines what something symbolizes?
Is the symbolic meaning of an object relative?
"A gun can be a symbol of death...Or self defense.
Hitler can be synonymous with great leadership or overweening tyranny.
At the end of the day,as determined by Plato's allegory of the cave; in the truest essence of the phrase; we see only what we want to see or rather what they allow us to see. Do not follow the herd, think for your self. Its not illegal yet."
~By Anon

I am not sure what bothers me the most.. is it the bragging in stores & guilds.?
is it that everytime someone creates a Topic related to a misprice incident here in sitefeedback or any othe forum, people tend to post and say that you are Stupid. " It's your own fault, It's your own Fault, it's your own Fault!. i always hated that negativity.
also when you created a Topic in Sitefeedback related to misprices and even when your idea was Good, people Downvoted your thread. I always hated that!

is it that Trophy Snipers are allowed to say :
"they mispriced and I snatched it up.Thanks for the900m profit you butthead"
and then you go to their store where the Url of the misprice is displayed.
but since there's no username in the Context does not count as Trolling. Moderator says.

What i'm requesting is something that you can not tell me is not "feasible"
because in 2011 during a Month ,all the expired listings ( URL of Misprices) contained NO Information.
no username of who sold it ,who bought it and for what price .
all it said was "Listing Expired"
21:45hrs May.10.2014

Bring Up My Post
13:05hrs May.12.2014

Bring Up my Post

Ruthless Wench

Rhaego
@at Post Above

when the links are advertised maliciously with the sole intention to create a reaction It is Trolling.

this is one of their quotes i have been gathering:

"if these ******** still misprice then I say we just s**t on all of them.
Because you gotta be a special kind of stupid to still ******** up and b***h about it."

and you do can still find all the misprices Trophies in their stores and guilds.

and after this thread creation ,they have been posting threads in the Chatterbox Forum titled such as " 'You're an idiot if you misprice an item"

i reported them. Global Moderator refused to address the problem.

I am sure if one go to the chatterbox creating threads titled for example : All Trophy Snipers are Douchebags"
that thread will be dealt with immediately.

What is this?? a Double Standar Situation wahmbulance

moderators are blindfolded , that they can not or don't want to go further on the investigation and they ask us to play Detective for them.
Rhaego
@Gaia Staff

Please Read Page #5 & #7

Who determines what something symbolizes?
Is the symbolic meaning of an object relative?
"A gun can be a symbol of death...Or self defense.
Hitler can be synonymous with great leadership or overweening tyranny.
At the end of the day,as determined by Plato's allegory of the cave; in the truest essence of the phrase; we see only what we want to see or rather what they allow us to see. Do not follow the herd, think for your self. Its not illegal yet."
~By Anon

I am not sure what bothers me the most.. is it the bragging in stores & guilds.?
is it that everytime someone creates a Topic related to a misprice incident here in sitefeedback or any othe forum, people tend to post and say that you are Stupid. " It's your own fault, It's your own Fault, it's your own Fault!. i always hated that negativity.
also when you created a Topic in Sitefeedback related to misprices and even when your idea was Good, people Downvoted your thread. I always hated that!

is it that Trophy Snipers are allowed to say :
"they mispriced and I snatched it up.Thanks for the900m profit you butthead"
and then you go to their store where the Url of the misprice is displayed.
but since there's no username in the Context does not count as Trolling. Moderator says.

What i'm requesting is something that you can not tell me is not "feasible"
because in 2011 during a Month ,all the expired listings ( URL of Misprices) contained NO Information.
no username of who sold it ,who bought it and for what price .
all it said was "Listing Expired"

What has been called a trophy is only a link. It's not against the ToS to be proud of what you do. Though, this isn't a community-damaging issue that it needs to be so harshly addressed. If I may explain:

Abuse on Gaia is not black and white, which is why it was probably not dealt with. It's as subjective as art- not all art is nudity, not all nudity is art. One does not accurately reflect the definition of the other without further context and explanation of the subject matter.

A link to a purchased vend listing is not always abusive, and abuse is not always a link to a purchased vend listing. A link is just a link unless there is more to it that shows that the person that the link leads to is being harassed over mispricing an item. There are so many caveats and contextual differences from one situation to another that a link on its own cannot be considered "abusive" unless that person is making an effort to be abusive.

It sounds more like there is a misconception on what abuse really is, here. Just because something seems offensive to one person does not mean it is offensive at all, or even against the rules. It's not a double standard when the standard that exists is that they have to be abusive before it's "abuse". For example, a link stating "Look what I bought" is not any different than someone buying an item for a quest and displaying the end result. Both are harmless and not against the rules.

Unless someone is being abusive then it's not a Terms of Service violation. Just covering up the name does not change that. People can still be abusive without saying a name, so requesting censorship of the seller will not resolve the issue of individuals being abusive. Abuse and mispricing are separate concerns where a functionality change would create a fully positive outcome to both.

That's not to say that your suggestion doesn't have its merit, but when the buyer is the one going to the person asking for the item back, censoring the name of the seller will not help the situation of abuse. For the record, even the seller can be abusive because the person will not return the item at their request. In fact, if both were anonymous, it still leaves the potential for the both the buyer and the seller to be abusive toward whomever the other party is.

In the end, censoring any names does not walk hand-in-hand with the use of abusive language, which abusive language is already covered extensively by our rules.

This is why we tend to leave it up to the person being abused to report it. Unless they report it we wouldn't know, so it would be offering more covert ways of posting abusive language because we would not know who they were specifically talking about. It inherently would reduce the context of it from being personally offensive to either side as a result of anonymity of the other party. It's still against the rules when someone is offensively attacking another member- such a functionality alteration would not change that the person is displaying abusive behavior in public. It's still a violation to insult or make an effort to offend others, irregardless of censorship of the name.

And under current functionality, someone can easily snap a screenshot of the entire item listing before buying an item. Instead of linking directly to a sale they would link to a picture, which would then alter the necessity of coverage for this functionality to all transactions becoming anonymous across the board.

That's not the best resolution, either, especially if someone is attempting to avoid a specific seller for personal reasons, or choose someone else that may be on a quest to buy their item to help them along. That freedom of choice is something that we would have to heavily consider before altering it. This would include transaction anonymity that could be mistaken as an allowance to be abusive- we would prefer not to leave this open for people to take advantage of, which is no different than how it is now in many respects. It would just make it more difficult for the Moderation team to handle.

In the end, just bragging is not a violation that we are going to act on as a violation without there being a violation present. Just because there are a few bad apples doesn't mean the whole thing needs to change. Some changes can do more harm than help, and this is something we always have to be cautious of when it comes to the health of the community.

I hope this brings some clarity to the situation ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces