Welcome to Gaia! ::

?

Yay 0.85915492957746 85.9% [ 61 ]
nay 0.14084507042254 14.1% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 3 >

I'm really glad that the daily chance has been changed for the better...
                  It would be even better if the same would be done with booty grab.
                  BG is officially a waste of time.
                  Specially now that I can make more gold with the daily chance in SECONDS.
                  While with booty grab i only get an average of 2k per play.

What do you guys think?

Liberal Fatcat

Booty Grab (in my opinion) has finally reached the lowest point that our various other games have been in for so long. It is a time-waster. Barely remembered and updated. Just something to do when you have 10 minutes to kill and dont feel like being in the forums.

I used to booty grab religiously before I took up investing, before its nerf, and before the MP went to hell. Now? "Meh. I guess I'll play some BG for a bit. Aint got nothing else to do." Even the 500k a day limit couldnt get me to be even slightly interested in it. I dont imagine there is much user interest in it now. Fish are too expensive and I can now make 500k in 5 seconds thanks to the Daily chance. Gaia finally did it. They officially turned off BG's appeal to me.

Mama Ame 's Partner

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
That and more.

I used to be really into Booty Grab. It'd be nice if some of their GC releases were NEW fish your tank too. neutral

Friendly Bear

is booty grab that thing attached to the aquariums??

Tipsy Smoker

I used to adore Booty Grab.
Their is still so much they could do with that.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I used to booty grab and max out everyday, but now I am better off selling fishes and trash from Towns. Doesn't help that there are hardly any tanks to play, when I can use that time to fish a few buckets in the fishing game.
Booty Grab used to be fun. Now it's merely another casualty of the greedy management's decision to sell gold generators and destroy our economy. It's like a domino effect -- once the currency collapses, other things on this site start to fall. Whoever is in charge of this site lately is systematically destroying it -- reminds me of the way a drug users destroys their own body. Greed must be a powerful drug to these people. Either that or they don't plan to stick around once the site finally crashes.
Maggre

Yes. Back then it was very reliable to make gold, and save for items.
                  Now it's just dirt.

Friendly Bear

SWINT
Maggre

Now it's just dirt.

uh, oh. I didn't think people even cared about aquariums anymore >.>

Impassioned Misfit

FrogWeed
Booty Grab used to be fun. Now it's merely another casualty of the greedy management's decision to sell gold generators and destroy our economy. It's like a domino effect -- once the currency collapses, other things on this site start to fall. Whoever is in charge of this site lately is systematically destroying it -- reminds me of the way a drug users destroys their own body. Greed must be a powerful drug to these people. Either that or they don't plan to stick around once the site finally crashes.
I don't think they're systematically destroying it, per se - they're making gold worthless in order to make Cash the primary currency, and making much money off this forced and unnecessary* changeover. If you make Cash the primary currency, it gets harder and harder for non-Cash buyers to stay afloat. To Gaia's bottom line, we don't matter, so we don't need to be here. They don't give a s**t about us. It definitely *feels* like it's a systematic destruction to us because we're on the other side.

I seem to recall the reason Booty Grab was nerfed was because it was giving out too much gold. As was zOMG!.
Which is bitterly hilarious in hindsight. Goes to show how far management is willing to go when it's $$$ at stake, eh?

*if not for greed
Maggre
SWINT
Maggre

Now it's just dirt.

uh, oh. I didn't think people even cared about aquariums anymore >.>

I mean... people who used to use it, which was many, know how useless it's become.
                  There's a lot of long time users on this site, I'm guessing you haven't been here for long.

This Isnt Sparta
Booty Grab (in my opinion) has finally reached the lowest point that our various other games have been in for so long. It is a time-waster. Barely remembered and updated. Just something to do when you have 10 minutes to kill and dont feel like being in the forums.

I used to booty grab religiously before I took up investing, before its nerf, and before the MP went to hell. Now? "Meh. I guess I'll play some BG for a bit. Aint got nothing else to do." Even the 500k a day limit couldnt get me to be even slightly interested in it. I dont imagine there is much user interest in it now. Fish are too expensive and I can now make 500k in 5 seconds thanks to the Daily chance. Gaia finally did it. They officially turned off BG's appeal to me.

Same here.
                  I was on BG before all this crap, and now it's completely useless.
                  Like investing in making your own tank, nope. BG, nope. waste of time. Nope.
                  Daily chance will save me a lot of time.

and I can't even reach the new BG gold cap, like i can only make like 30k an hour and I don't have time for that. And now I wont even try with the daily chance.

Liberal Fatcat

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
FrogWeed
I don't think they're systematically destroying it, per se - they're making gold worthless in order to make Cash the primary currency, and making much money off this forced and unnecessary* changeover. If you make Cash the primary currency, it gets harder and harder for non-Cash buyers to stay afloat. To Gaia's bottom line, we don't matter, so we don't need to be here. They don't give a s**t about us. It definitely *feels* like it's a systematic destruction to us because we're on the other side.

I seem to recall the reason Booty Grab was nerfed was because it was giving out too much gold. As was zOMG!.
Which is bitterly hilarious in hindsight. Goes to show how far management is willing to go when it's $$$ at stake, eh?

*if not for greed

Oh god. You just reminded me of the days where everyone claimed Booty Grab/DolphinMania was the one source of all the inflation problems and how users "abused" a feature that was meant to be more of a "easter egg hunt" sort of thing and encourage more social interaction.

Ah if only we could go back in time and shove this malarkey into every anti-booty grab user. "You think booty grab is horrible? Well, check out this s**t that's gonna happen in a few years, and still tell me that booty grab is a terrible thing. The MP is heaven in comparison to what its going to be later."

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
And once Booty Grab was easily one of the biggest inflators on the site. Now inflation has made playing the other games that at the time people never considered able to catch up to it more viable. Just goes to show that the best ways to earn gold are always changing and sticking to just one will get you left behind.
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
FrogWeed

*if not for greed
I think they are making a big mistake with this sort of thinking. Because playing games and earning gold makes the site fun, and it gives people a feeling of accomplishment. I'm sure there are thousands of people who enjoy earning gold playing games, vending, selling art, etc., but these same people might treat themselves, once in a while or more often, to a cash shop item. Or buy them as gifts for their friends. So it isn't all or nothing. And if Gaia loses most of the non-cash users, it causes the forums to become more boring. Also, when the site was popular, many of my real-life friends were here, which made it extra fun. But they've made this site an object of scorn, to where people are even ashamed to admit they have an account here. All of this stuff is inter-related. These managers have this stupid, pigheaded idea that they're going to cater to the cash spenders, but by destroying the economy and other features, they are undermining the entire site, making it less attractive to the very cash spenders they're trying to retain and encourage. Also, advertisers look at things like site traffic and reputation. Just the whole way they're operating seems stupid to me. And I'm nowhere near an expert on business or management -- just using basic common sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff