Welcome to Gaia! ::

asedc
people should be forced to watch the instructional video.

I recently tried to let someone know that they are eventually going to have to pay the gold price listed below the item if they win, and I was threatened with being reported for allegedly lying to them.

User Image

lmbfao at that reply ... though in spirit you should be correct, the way it's actually implemented you are wrong, they don't have to pay. If they don't pay within 7 days from the close of auction the item gets relisted for another unending round of bids ... yay neverending carousel-o-crap.
Shadow_Dragonz
Shadow_Dragonz
Mitsumi-chan

3) The +30s rule is kind of problematic... though I didn't actually see it take place as I spammed 1000 tickets and the time didn't move at all. In the FAQ you should make it clear whether 30s is added every time someone bids, or only at the end when time runs out. If it is at the end, that might be kind of an issue as some auctions might not actually ever end (especially since you don't need to have the gold to pay for it in order to bid).

BidBlast FAQ
BidBlast

How long does each auction last?
- Each auction starts with a varying amount of time on the clock. Once the clock runs down to the last 30 seconds, each bid will reset the clock back up to 30 seconds. This will continue until there are no further bids and the clock runs out.

We are looking into the other points you've listed here. Thanks smile

Shadow_Dragonz

This resetting of the clock at the 30 second mark is a pain in the a**. Who designed this? Don't you get that people will continue to keep bidding so this clock will never run down? You're going to have things permanently stuck on bid blast because people will keep bidding, the clock will continue to be reset and all you're doing is making gaians spend their hard earned gold on items they'll never get because the clock will never hit Zero.

If this is how this bid blast is going to work I'm sorry I ever bought bid tickets because it's a complete and total waste of my gold. I'll never get the item because the clock will never hit zero because some noobie decided to bid and start the clock.

Whoever designed this I'm sure thought this was a great idea at the time but seriously, you're an idiot. FIX THIS or you will have a LOT of angry Gaians on your hands who've wasted countless thousands of gold on rare items they;ll never get!

Fluff Bunny

Once upon a time there was this little tiny company that was just starting off and was looking for some donations to keep it up and running. There were some people that really had some faith in the company so they started donating every month. The company was very thankful so in return they started sending out thank you letters and every month within them was a new surprise. After 8 years and many thank you letters later, the amount of people involved with the company had increased dramatically and many new cool features have been added for supporters of the company. And each month they still release a new thank you letter for their investors. So, everyone should be happy right?

I just feel like this really shows a lack of respect you have for the people that have gotten the site to where it is now. I understand the prices are obnoxious. And the marketplace is insane & "the rich keep getting richer.", etc. Just keep in mind though, what those items were really about before you start reproducing them for a profit & making crazy bid wars to give them away.

/end rant

Gracious Werewolf

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I think there needs to be a cap on the gold amount.

ALSO NEEDS TO STOP RESETING! NO ONE GONNA WIN ANYTHING IF IT KEEPS RESETING!

Questionable Borg

I haven't tried it, don't really care to.
Okay, I rewatched the instructional video, it DOES SAY that there is an ending day for bids, however, I still think they need to get rid of the reset on the timer, or at the very least, have a maximum number of times the timer can be reset so we as the bidders aren't getting too frustrated with this bid system.

Not only that, there should be a cap on the bidding price. Most of the items are already into the 400k price range and I know a lot of gaians can't afford that on an average day so perhaps there should be a way for people to be unable to bid if they do not have the asking price already in their account. If this system was possible then not only would we not have to worry about winning something and not being able to pay but it would also limit the bidding pool to just people who can afford the item leaving less people to reset the timer and the bid time would hopefully last shorter meaning more items could be put on the market.

Mostly I'm concerned about price gouging due to how many people bid on an item compared to the asking price of the same item in the marketplace, and the timer issue. I think both of these things should be looked into and taken into consideration for edits to this bidding program.

Persistent Master

8,225 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • ReAnimated 50
Naatta

Not only that, there should be a cap on the bidding price. Most of the items are already into the 400k price range and I know a lot of gaians can't afford that on an average day so perhaps there should be a way for people to be unable to bid if they do not have the asking price already in their account. If this system was possible then not only would we not have to worry about winning something and not being able to pay but it would also limit the bidding pool to just people who can afford the item leaving less people to reset the timer and the bid time would hopefully last shorter meaning more items could be put on the market.

Exactly. If you don't have the gold in your account to pay for the item then it should prevent them from bidding. This would help keeping the bids from rising to high and to help the auctions end.
Just had a couple wicked ideas to solve those troll bidders...

Option 1 "the repoman cometh"
The highest bidder must either buy the item within 7 days from the end of the auction or gaia will repossess his/her items and sell them on the MP until the price has been covered.

Option 2 "pass the buck"
Since bb auctions seem to store the 10 highest and as a consequence the 10 most recent bidders, then the highest bidder must pay either the full amount within 7 days or be automatically charged 10% of the final price and the item is then offered to the 2nd highest bidder for 90% of the final price. Keep doing this to get 3rd highest - 80% price, 4th - 70%, ... , 8th - 30%, 9th - 20%, and if all 9 people passed on buying it the 10th highest bidder would have to buy it for 10% of its final price.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I think in the future if gold shop items are added in again, they should have a far shorter end date. Half a day to two days should be good enough.

Sexy Sage

18,265 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I like it, but there should be more things to bid on. surprised
How about just limit the amount of times you can bid?

Or raise the cost of tickets?

Or force the price onto people? Implement a Negative gold system where if you're bidding on a 400k coat which is 80k in the mkt place, well... whoever wins just bought themselves a nice 400k coat that they cannot return.

OR better yet, make if you CANT pay it, there's a 20% restocking fee... So if its a win for 400k, you pay 80k for bidding on something you can't even afford.

Dapper Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
Beau Coeur
Once upon a time there was this little tiny company that was just starting off and was looking for some donations to keep it up and running. There were some people that really had some faith in the company so they started donating every month. The company was very thankful so in return they started sending out thank you letters and every month within them was a new surprise. After 8 years and many thank you letters later, the amount of people involved with the company had increased dramatically and many new cool features have been added for supporters of the company. And each month they still release a new thank you letter for their investors. So, everyone should be happy right?

I just feel like this really shows a lack of respect you have for the people that have gotten the site to where it is now. I understand the prices are obnoxious. And the marketplace is insane & "the rich keep getting richer.", etc. Just keep in mind though, what those items were really about before you start reproducing them for a profit & making crazy bid wars to give them away.

/end rant
AMEN! stressed
Maybe there should be a limit to the bidding not just time. The bidding should stop if it goes way over the average market price of the item.
CreamfilledCavities
Just had a couple wicked ideas to solve those troll bidders...

Option 1 "the repoman cometh"
The highest bidder must either buy the item within 7 days from the end of the auction or gaia will repossess his/her items and sell them on the MP until the price has been covered.

Option 2 "pass the buck"
Since bb auctions seem to store the 10 highest and as a consequence the 10 most recent bidders, then the highest bidder must pay either the full amount within 7 days or be automatically charged 10% of the final price and the item is then offered to the 2nd highest bidder for 90% of the final price. Keep doing this to get 3rd highest - 80% price, 4th - 70%, ... , 8th - 30%, 9th - 20%, and if all 9 people passed on buying it the 10th highest bidder would have to buy it for 10% of its final price.
The problem with trolls is that they don't care. They don't care if you take their gold and they don't care if you ban them because they could just make a new account :/

Enduring Survivor

12,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
I like the concept but I don't like the fact that every time someone bids the clock goes up by 30 seconds. These bids keep going like this and the coat is going to be sold for like 100 mil. And odds are the person bidding wont have the money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff