Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
this is a disgrace!... get em while they're young and they're on the hook for life.
our children do not need beer, they need education. if that's the site gaia has become where the dollar is more important than how we influence the youth. i'm all set.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Children are not allowed on Gaia, all persons who want to join must be 13 or older.

That being said, a simple ad online is NOT going to influence someone to buy beer. You have to be 21 to buy beer in the United States anyway, so anyone under 21 can't obtain beer unless they bribe someone 21 or older to buy one for them (which is illegal) or unless their parents have their own stash somewhere in the house. Also, Gaia buys their ads in bulk, and different people see different ads. A beer ad is not questionable or inappropriate content, and therefore it would make no sense to report such an ad.

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

it was less about beer and more about a man and his relationship with a horse
the ad is used to paint Budweiser in a positive light, like all beer ads

I dont really see the big deal

thats like yelling at them using a car ad simply because not all users are of driving age

dont like the ad?
dont do the offer
simple

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
As far as I know, they have to ask your age before they show those types of ads anyway. So, at some point in time, you likely told sponsorPay (or whoever runs those ads) that you were over 21. And then it remembered that when it came to showing you this one.

Although I could always be wrong. But I know I've always been asked before I was shown those types of ads.

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

Virgo Whiskers
As far as I know, they have to ask your age before they show those types of ads anyway. So, at some point in time, you likely told sponsorPay (or whoever runs those ads) that you were over 21. And then it remembered that when it came to showing you this one.

Although I could always be wrong. But I know I've always been asked before I was shown those types of ads.

that sounds very possible
I know I've given out my age before

the Budweiser site also asks you for your age before you can check out their site as well :3

Aged Fox

That ad is very age appropriate for me. I don't see the problem. There are beer ads on tv, billboards, other various parts of the internet, magazines, etc.

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I thought the commercial was very sweet. It's not like you can control what ads your kids and teens see on TV. What about at a parade, where hundreds of children go to? You see the Clydesdale and what? Cover your kids eyes and tell them they can't look at the pretty horses because they may choose to drink the beer that the horses are advertising? The whole ad was about the man and the horse, with a few Budweiser signs thrown in. It's something the whole family can watch and look at and say Awe. It was a classy ad, compared to so many others out there that are not.

Helpful Gaian

Most teenagers aren't so easily influenced that a simple ad (which you would easily find on TV, magazines, newspapers, billboards, in shops, or elsewhere on the internet) would make them go "right I'm going to go and get blotto because Gaia advertised something to me".

Right now there's an ad for Dettol on TV, does it make me want to run out and get some to disinfect every surface in my house? No, it doesn't. It's an advert, and it's certainly nothing that pretty much every teen would see on a daily basis. The fact that it's about something they can't have until they're a certain age doesn't mean they're going to want it more.

User Image
Da' Lulzees. emotion_awesome I find it kind of hypocritical your ranting about beer when you have a slightly creepy signature. Would that be removed too, because it would horrify childern?
People under 13 really shouldn't be on Gaia and isn't allowed. but also, beer commercials are on television too. It does not promote them to do anything, all it is is a commercial. Iv'e never seen a beer commercial try to promote or push people into it, all it does is promote the brand to keep the word out about it. All commercials of Budweiser iv'e seen are not bad at all and some are even funny/cute. the only reason you are probably seeing them is because Superbowl is coming up and budweiser usually has commercials on it.
Ads are filtered by age. Unless you're lying about your birth year (lying that you're over 21), a beer ad is age appropriate since those only show up for 21+ year olds.

If someone is underage and getting a beer ad then they probably lied about their age when they were asked to enter their birth date by the sponsor provider.

Unstoppable Krampus

Children aren't allowed on the site. The ad doesn't show anyone under the legal drinking age having a beer; it's not inappropriate at all. If you watch literally any sport shown on TV, you're guaranteed to see at least a dozen commercials for alcohol.

User Image

Loiterer

14,275 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bidding War 100
I didn't see anyone drinking beer in that video. I really liked that cute little horse and the way he remembered the guy -- that was so sweet.

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
That commercial hardly glorifies underage drinking. Anyway I don't see people complaining about the wine themed items, or the fact that you can buy champagne bottles in the gold shop. If you're going to make a stand about alcohol, I suppose you ought to start there instead of a commercial about the Budweiser horses which are basically a huge tradition now, whether you consume their beer or not. (I don't, it gives me a headache xp )

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm more disturbed by the ad that tells me to click to have an instant roman orgy >>

Intergalactic Sweetheart

One adds are filtered by age and Two that add did not make me want to drink beer. It did make me cry however.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff