Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should there be an achievement for completing a backwings quest formula chain all the way through to large wings?

Yes - Should be worth 1000 points 0.24137931034483 24.1% [ 35 ]
Yes - Should be worth 500 points 0.013793103448276 1.4% [ 2 ]
Yes - Should be worth 250 points 0.041379310344828 4.1% [ 6 ]
No - Because wahhhhhmbulance. 0.56551724137931 56.6% [ 82 ]
Obligatory poll-whore option. 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 145 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Quote:
these quests CAN be done by ANYONE with TIME, EFFORT, DEDICATION, etc...

Hope that works. Quoting on mobile is tough, anyway....

Those quests cannot be done by anyone. Imagine if all users on the site decided to adhere to your plan of action. There would NEVER be enough formulas, components, or even gold to complete these quests. These were designed to be the rig pet of alchemy.

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Rya Dracosin
Quote:

Those quests cannot be done by anyone. Imagine if all users on the site decided to adhere to your plan of action. There would NEVER be enough formulas, components, or even gold to complete these quests. These were designed to be the rig pet of alchemy.

So be it, but I am sure those people with the luck of the golden gods to ALWAYS get rig pets from EVERY rig they play... can SURELY farm and craft alchemist's cases and prolly get a quest formula from their like 2nd or 3rd case despite the low odds(and frankly to me the odds are fine and should stay exactly as they are...)

Then after their luck of the golden gods pays off and they pull the quest, they farm and make caches and will always pull EXACTLY what they need for each level because their luck is just that amazing.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Animal
Rya Dracosin
Quote:

So be it, but I am sure those people with the luck of the golden gods to ALWAYS get rig pets from EVERY rig they play... can SURELY farm and craft alchemists cases and prolly get a quest formula from their like 2nd or 3rd case despite the low oddsand frankly to me the odds are fine and should stay exactly as they are...)

Then after their luck of the golden gods pays off and they pull the quest, they farm and make caches and will always pull EXACTLY what they need for each level because their luck is just that amazing.

Ouch. The bitter that comes from you is enough to concentrate into a single beam of rasldiation... *points said beam at ex* bahahaha

Anyway, if you quote me could you chop it down? Im on my phone and its a pain to quote large posts.

I dont have the luck if the golden gods. I have the luck of an average person. When a rig doesnt work for me, I stop playing it, knowing I can try the next one. However with this, I cant try the next one, and Ive been blessed with the luck of a rock. Its discouraging to those of us with average luck. Id rather play some silly flash game and get to the end, or follow some silly scavanger hunt, or follow silly steps. Ive made myself broke due to alchemy. Im down to event items, special gifts I wont sell, and items I wear more than once a year. Id pay Gaia real money but Id rather have my home, utilities, and phone. Since my phone is the only way I get online anyway it would be silly to sacrifice it. This is the end of the line for me and alchemy, I cant even collect trash in towns.
Really, I don't see why all the backlash. They had an achievement for making it to level ten in alchemy, and this is the proverbial "Big One," so why not?

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
Idia
Really, I don't see why all the backlash. They had an achievement for making it to level ten in alchemy, and this is the proverbial "Big One," so why not?

Exactly. ^^

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
I agree with what the one person said about the backwings quests being the 'big one' and I think that was best demonstrated by my point about video game trophies, where the backwings quests are essentially gaia's gold/platinum trophy. And there are always going to be achievements not everyone can get... the worst offenders are MMOs, like a certain one, they actually have ACHIEVEMENTS... that are made that only like 0.00001% of people will ever get them, IE "Get the epic drop from such-and-such boss" yeah that epic drop has a like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of happening, and so is entirely luck based even if you grind grind grind and constantly kill that boss over and over. How are the backwings quests any dif in that you grind, make, and open cases and after you get lucky enough to get a quest formula then you have to grind to get through it, that sorta deserves an achievement for how much effort has to go into it, yes there is a lot of luck involved... but only at the initial phase, really.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Animal
How are the backwings quests any dif in that you grind, make, and open cases and after you get lucky enough to get a quest formula then you have to grind to get through it, that sorta deserves an achievement for how much effort has to go into it, yes there is a lot of luck involved... but only at the initial phase, really.

Because some of us come here because we dont want to play a broke a** system of leveling and grinding. Thats like an mmo saying they are going to make swords, but want to release them a special way, but want to make then avaliable for all users, but still want them all to work for it. Yet the only way you can get them is through a system not designed for everyone but a select few. Its a bunch of BS and some of us are trying to get it changed. If they add on any more bonuses, it will just give then more excuses not to fix their ********.

I want these backwings, but guess what, unless im willing to spend all my life, my money, and energy in this site, I wont get them. This feature will end up like the others. Dead. What happens then? No one gets backwings.

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
Rya Dracosin
Animal
How are the backwings quests any dif in that you grind, make, and open cases and after you get lucky enough to get a quest formula then you have to grind to get through it, that sorta deserves an achievement for how much effort has to go into it, yes there is a lot of luck involved... but only at the initial phase, really.

Because some of us come here because we dont want to play a broke a** system of leveling and grinding. Thats like an mmo saying they are going to make swords, but want to release them a special way, but want to make then avaliable for all users, but still want them all to work for it. Yet the only way you can get them is through a system not designed for everyone but a select few. Its a bunch of BS and some of us are trying to get it changed. If they add on any more bonuses, it will just give then more excuses not to fix their ********.

I want these backwings, but guess what, unless im willing to spend all my life, my money, and energy in this site, I wont get them. This feature will end up like the others. Dead. What happens then? No one gets backwings.

I wouldn't say no one, there's already one group close to the final set of large wings for one quest because the entire community has banded together to help them do it, and there are others who are planning to go all the way through to the end of the quests they are working on, but are playing in the smart way, which is gathering things from the end backwards, that way they don't have to sacrifice their medium wings(once they get them), until they have all the necessary parts to go from the medium wings to the large wings. It's all one can do while the component supply is still limited, but it can be done with time and effort, just takes a lot more time while waiting to open or for someone else to open what is needed from a cache.

Tipsy Smoker

It's sad when it takes an entire community to complete a quest...

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
Now that components are MUCH easier to get... (even if the formulas still aren't which is fine cause they should be rare/hard to get) the quests are going to be much easier to do and just a matter of time rather than luck or money. So yeah... now there's no reason for there to not be an achievement for completing one. ^^;

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I agree with OP actually, especially because they have achievements for other items from alchemy, like the Abomination that the OP is currently sporting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff