Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Big issue here. Filed a complaint in Technical support because I've not received my Cash after purchasing.

Black-Widow-Romanoff
Shop advertises 24 donuts for $5.
The customer goes in, buys the donuts and waits for the cashier to hand them over.

customer: Can I have the donuts please?
Cashier: *looking around for them* You bought them. You paid for them.You should have them.
Customer: Well, you never gave them to me, and I bought them , so, can i have them?
Cashier:...can you wait for a few hours, to see if they appear?
Customer:...Uh. No.
Cashier: Well, if they doesn't appear in a few hours, can you make a complaint? But you might not get a response for a few weeks as we have so many complaints, we just can't handle them...

Would this happen in any other business setting?

Nope.

FIRST:

Your "assistant", literally copy pastes everything from the FAQ. If I wanted the FAQ, I would have gone there. And then, in no way, are they able to help me with my issue, they're just stalling and getting me more frustrated with how your company works. And your "assistant", instead of doing something to actively help me, says that it's not her job and just shoves me into the spam folder.

Fine I get it. It's not her job, but why hire volunteers when you seem to be making so much money? Why not hire someone who can actually help people and get things done?

SECOND:

"There can be a system lag of up to 48 hrs. If you do not get it by then than you will need to file a ticket. The current wait time is quite long due to high volume of tickets being filed in comparison to the admins that can handle them."

You know what?
If you know there's an issue that appears to contribute to a high volume of tickets, why isn't Gaia doing something to improve the system?

If the company is intent on advertising so I make a purchase, why can't the purchasing process be FUNCTIONING so I can PROPERLY waste my income?

It would be AWESOME if instead of stalling, you guys take the time to know that a CUSTOMER of your company wants an issue to be immediately fixed, because as a CUSTOMER that has contributed a good amount of money to the site.

I, and the others on this site should NOT have to wait and file a ticket to receive what we purchased. That's as though we're saying that WE'RE in the fault for YOUR company's mistake.

THIRD:

Those who contribute should be getting their issues resolved almost immediately. Buying Gaia cash is no longer considered a donation. I am making a purchase from your company. It doesn't say "Donate" anywhere on the "BUY Gaia cash" page.

And since I've moved from what was considered Donator to Customer, then, yes. I do believe that I should be getting preferential treatment over those who are just here for the free samples.

Edit: AAAAND ANOTHER CASH SALE.

Hey, how about instead of trying to sell more, you give people who bought something what they paid for.

Prophet

oNoxity

It would be AWESOME if instead of stalling, you guys take the time to know that a CUSTOMER of your company wants an issue to be immediately fixed, because as a CUSTOMER that has contributed a good amount of money to the site.

What do you mean stalling? Tickets work like a que system. You have to wait for the tickets before you to be handled before yours can be handled.

You spending money on this site does not give you any benefits when it comes to the ticket system. You have to wait just like everyone else.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
They've stated that it's "first come first serve" for literally the entirety of their existence. It's easier to get things done sequentially than to put some people on a fast track. Especially considering that these forum assistant and moderators are volunteers handling this, not paid employees.

Also, if you go the forum moderators page, it states specifically what each type of person does. Handling an issue of money is not, in fact, the job of a forum assistant. They move threads, apparently. They don't handle tickets.

You're better off contacting an administrator, since that's what handling billing issues are listed under.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/moderators/137/site-feedback/

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Alaois
oNoxity

What do you mean stalling? Tickets work like a que system. You have to wait for the tickets before you to be handled before yours can be handled.

You spending money on this site does not give you any benefits when it comes to the ticket system. You have to wait just like everyone else.

The assistant said that they've been lacking on actual assistants who can deal with my ticket.

My issue is that instead of getting real assistants, they're getting these half-assed ones who's job it is to just shove things around on a page.

And why should I have to wait if I'm contributing to their monthly quota? Other people are just hanging around, not contributing more than a few ad dollars. It's clear that money dominates on this site, and the customers are the ones who actually lose.

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ace of Blue Spades
They've stated that it's "first come first serve" for literally the entirety of their existence. It's easier to get things done sequentially than to put some people on a fast track. Especially considering that these forum assistant and moderators are volunteers handling this, not paid employees.

Also, if you go the forum moderators page, it states specifically what each type of person does. Handling an issue of money is not, in fact, the job of a forum assistant. They move threads, apparently. They don't handle tickets.

You're better off contacting an administrator, since that's what handling billing issues are listed under.

What's the purpose of having the Assistants then? Their job is to push around threads and copy pasta replies, not really helping me in any way.

I'll contact an admin, but still. This is ridiculous.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
oNoxity
Alaois
oNoxity

The assistant said that they've been lacking on actual assistants who can deal with my ticket.

My issue is that instead of getting real assistants, they're getting these half-assed ones who's job it is to just shove things around on a page.

And why should I have to wait if I'm contributing to their monthly quota? Other people are just hanging around, not contributing more than a few ad dollars. It's clear that money dominates on this site, and the customers are the ones who actually lose.

I have already posted the link to this forum's moderators page, which clearly lists out the duties of each title. You want to contact an administrator about your ticket, not a forum assistant. It's likely that you were told this already by the forum assistant.

Also, doing what you suggest would piss off the vast majority of users (most of whom DON'T think the ticket system should be preferential) and also bog things down forever. A lot of the things tickets get issued for are time sensitive and this would screw over people who don't deserve to be screwed over. Your suggestion is in no way an improvement over what we've got right now.

Prophet

oNoxity
Alaois
oNoxity

Well the ticket system is backlogged to high hell as it is because of that particular group being shorthanded, people sending in multiple tickets over the same problem, people wanting access to older accounts for a multitude of reasons, and numerous other reasons that I cannot think of right now.

Wait what?

Why attack the FAs? That particular one told you several times that that isn't there job nor are they able to tell someone above them because they don't really have anyone above them. Both FAs and Mods (all levels) are unpaid and are volunteers. There are only two groups thatcan help you with your issue and that's an Admin or someone from the Customer Service team, the latter of which can only be accessed through the ticket system.

Because it's always been a first come, first serve system and it's the easiest way to deal with things like that. You paying their monthly quota shouldn't matter.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
oNoxity
Ace of Blue Spades

What's the purpose of having the Assistants then? Their job is to push around threads and copy pasta replies, not really helping me in any way.

I'll contact an admin, but still. This is ridiculous.

Their purpose is to moderate the forums. That's it. That is what they volunteer for. It's called a division of labor and responsibilities, enabling everyone to do their assigned tasks more efficiently. It's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

Powerhouse

Since when have Forum Assistants been able to check tickets?

Undead Enchantress

If you are able, you could try their hot line since your issue pertains to purchases.

By Phone:
Quote:
If you have a question about a payment or charge related to your Gaia account, you can call our Billing line at 1-888-549-9715. This number is staffed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, Pacific Time.
Important Note: We can ONLY take Billing calls at this number. Any other account inquiry will be directed back to the Help Center.

That's probably the quickest manner to get your issue addressed.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Forum Assistants are literally just that, they assist in the forums. It just so happened that one responded to your thread giving you information regarding your issue. You can't make a connection between Forum Assistants and those who handle tickets because of that, because they are 100% unrelated and independent of one another. A normal user could have given you the exact same information.

That said, payment issues arise all of the time and can never be 100% full proof. There are a lot of issues that can arise when paying, and there are a lot of checks that slow down the system (which may cause a delay to you getting your GC). There's a lot of variables that we don't know about too, and hence, a lot of these issues cannot be fixed so easy.

Divine Muse

Forum assistants, pink name, only have the power to move threads.

Official Mods, Green name, which are the next step up in the ladder, can delete, warn, move threads, and ban a user.

Admin, Orange name, would logically be the ones who deal with someone not getting their cash.

Star

Stuff are like that...

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Jesus tap dancing Christ.

How's about dont harass the unpaid volunteers. The FAs dont get paid anything to deal with rude, impatient and self-centered people like yourself. Your account isnt thay importamt and you're obviously not the only one with an account that needs to be opened. Sit down and wait patiently like the rest of us.

Or better yet learn how to act like a human being. I work in retail and that kind of attitude makes it difficult to do their job. Its not the FAs fault. Dont take it out on them..

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

Dude, a little research can go a long way....

Quote:
Forum Assistants - (formerly "Helpers" and "Moderator Assistants" )

Responsible for thread moves only in specific forums they are assigned to. Forum Assistants DO NOT assist users with Terms of Service violations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff