Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Regular

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Invisibility 100
This looks like s**t, I'm sorry.
But you can't just expect people to want to pay for a sloppy recolor.

Official Announcement

Look at it, honestly LOOK at it.
Would YOU pay real money for THIS?

User Image

Either hire more artists or give your current ones a breather.
We don't NEED new items DAILY.

I'm sure a large portion of your userbase would pay infinitely more for QUALITY items.
You can not sit here and call that quality, Gaia. Just no.

Mirrormist's Widow

Mega Man-Lover

Recolors are lazy bs anyways.

Omnipresent Regular

Looks like regular gold shop quality to me
Gluk

I disagree. It's tone deaf, but it would be infuriating if they put that into the Gold Shops. All items should be on par with shading, at the least, between Cash and Gold buys.

I wouldn't be able to swallow the idea of this item being part of a Gold Shop update.

This should not have been released at all.

Omnipresent Regular

I have a tissue
Gluk

I disagree. It's tone deaf, but it would be infuriating if they put that into the Gold Shops. All items should be on par with shading, at the least, between Cash and Gold buys.

I wouldn't be able to swallow the idea of this item being part of a Gold Shop update.

This should not have been released at all.

LOL
True

Fluffy Cat

16,175 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
I'm not sure what they did there -- looks like they washed all the color out and replaced it with a bland shade of pink. The panda has no definition anymore, which looks very odd. I hate to criticize the artists because I know they work hard, but this doesn't look right at all. Maybe it wasn't even an artist who did it. I guess anyone can play around with the hue and saturation bars in those programs and come up with something that looks different. But whether it looks GOOD is another story.

Clockwork Astronomer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that and thought "wow that looks kinda bad". Like, I honestly expect better from a GC item. This just looks like a mess, and I can't imagine many people wanting it.

Sparkling Hero

oh boy...
i could have made a better recolor in ms paint...

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
It is for sale, and many people will buy it. I think slowly but surely many people have become acclimated to buying lower quality items for what used to be premium prices ($5 and up).

So, unfortunately, this lesser quality item with its... not so detailed shading is going to be bought up and sold. Quite a few units, I believe. So, as long as low quality items continue to be bought, Gaia really has no incentive to bring up the quality.
People are still going to buy it..... gonk

Divine Muse

Holy cow that clashes so badly.

Anyone who buys that is a complete moron, I'm sorry but it needs to be said.
Jayce Reinhardt

The art has like no defining lines, it almost all looks like a blended in single shape.

Divine Muse

Kurochan1
Jayce Reinhardt

The art has like no defining lines, it almost all looks like a blended in single shape.

Someone tell that Intern to knock it off.
While I commend Gaia for letting a newbie have a go, this really should not have been released.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Bleeding Apocalypse
It is for sale, and many people will buy it. I think slowly but surely many people have become acclimated to buying lower quality items for what used to be premium prices ($5 and up).

So, unfortunately, this lesser quality item with its... not so detailed shading is going to be bought up and sold. Quite a few units, I believe. So, as long as low quality items continue to be bought, Gaia really has no incentive to bring up the quality.
The sad truth.

Shameless Streaker

Kurochan1
People are still going to buy it..... gonk

Definitely.
In fact this reminds me of GCD thread someone posted titled "Is there anything Gaian's WONT buy?"
General consensus was no, Gaians will buy anything gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces