Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
EDIT: Please note that the tone of this post is in the mood I had before getting feedback

Here's a quick link to Zero Omega's response: Link

Considering the Demons far out numbered the Angels since the very beginning of the event, I'm wondering if Gaia is going to fix this event to make their favorite team win like they did last Halloween event.

Last Halloween event between the Dark Elves and the Vampires, Gaia decided it was a good idea to change the way the points were counted after the event ended to favor the losing team. Originally, it was said whoever had the most members and most points would win (obviously and as it should be) but that's not how it played out, is it? stare

It's looking more and more likely as the days go by where I am seeing the Angel team increase their score by more than THREE MILLION POINTS in just under 9 hours while the Demon team seems to stand still over night. This has gone on since the event was "balanced" by gaia.

Did anyone notice that Ciro had 1k HP? They changed him to 100 hp just yesterday to match the demon NPCs. Yeah, go ahead and argue that it's because the Demons had 2 NPCs but it hardly matters when they have a measly 100 HP like the rest of us. The only perks they got were higher than average defense and boosted healing from allies. Mr. Ciro had 1k HP on top of this fact.. Imagine how annoying it would be for the Demons to get Ciro down to under half HP because the Angels are simply not paying attention to him and then a single Angel heals HALF his HP with a single heal after noticing Gaia's savior is being attacked. Yeah. HALF his HP from being healed once. You may hit 20-40 damage on other people but on bosses like Ciro, you're lucky if you can hit a 10. Half his HP healed means the FIFTY times you attacked Ciro and were lucky enough to hit straight 10s meant NOTHING because some guy healed half his HP in a single shot.

Gaia, I'm really sick of you guys fixing events. You claim it's to be fair but by changing the rules to favor the losing party, you are hurting the MAJORITY of the community to favor the MINORITY. That's business suicide, plain and simple. It's nice that you might cater to the minority at times but in major events like this, it really upsets people to be on the WINNING TEAM (clearly) and still lose after putting for so much time and effort ( and now introducing Pay 2 Win Events - Gold and Gaia Cash? Seriously!? scream ) and for it to mean nothing.

So while I thank you for the cool event and the nice items, I'm really upset with how you play the game. In fact, if you keep cheating like you do, you're going to find a lot less players willing to play this game with you. You can be the king all by yourself, if that's how you want to play.
The event page says scores are calculated based on soul candies collected. Maybe the angels are gaining because they actually have had a chance to play the event since a couple days ago, since they aren't insta-dying anymore. I know a lot of angels didn't play at all the first couple of days of the event because conditions as an angel were bad.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Soft CeII
The event page says scores are calculated based on soul candies collected. Maybe the angels are gaining because they actually have had a chance to play the event since a couple days ago, since they aren't insta-dying anymore. I know I a lot of angels didn't play at all the first couple of days of the event because conditions as an angel were bad.
Conditions as angels were bad? emotion_0A0

What is this nonsense? You make it sound like the event was fixed to begin with and then made "fair" for you to win despite the fact that there were clearly more active players on the Demon side. Maybe not NOW after how Gaia saw it fit to tamper with your team..

The first day of the event, the Demons had 3/4 of the event bar filled and the Angels were only losing. They were dying instantly because there were so many demons attacking them all at the same time. The battle was won before it even began but it wasn't fun for the minority, so Gaia fixed it. Admit it. The Angels were helped by being given tons of points that they didn't earn and alternate avenues to gain more points by killing the super weak 100 HP bosses.
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
The event page says scores are calculated based on soul candies collected. Maybe the angels are gaining because they actually have had a chance to play the event since a couple days ago, since they aren't insta-dying anymore. I know I a lot of angels didn't play at all the first couple of days of the event because conditions as an angel were bad.

What is this nonsense? You make it sound like the event was fixed to begin with and then made "fair" for you to win despite the fact that there were clearly more active players on the Demon side. Maybe not NOW after how Gaia saw it fit to tamper with your team..

The first day of the event, the Demons had 3/4 of the event bar filled and the Angels were only losing. They were dying instantly because there were so many demons attacking them all at the same time. The battle was won before it even began but it wasn't fun for the minority, so Gaia fixed it. Admit it. The Angels were helped by being given tons of points that they didn't earn and alternate avenues to gain more points by killing the super weak 100 HP bosses.

Nah. Based on a GCD poll the people who joined both sides is actually fairly equal, although demons are ahead by 4-5% (demons = 42.1%, angels = 38.6%). A lot of angels saw other angels dying so they didn't even bother playing until things got fixed.

Now you're getting into the conspiracy theory part of Gaia. Not sure if you want to go there. You're going to derail your own thread. xp

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

Nah. Based on a GCD poll the people who joined both sides is actually fairly equal, although demons are ahead by 4-5% (demons = 42.1%, angels = 38.6%). A lot of angels saw other angels dying so they didn't even bother playing until things got fixed.

Now you're getting into the conspiracy theory part of Gaia. Not sure if you want to go there. You're going to derail your own thread. xp
I appreciate the thoughtfulness but this isn't a conspiracy. I've been here for 8+ years and I've seen things, good and bad. This is the first time I've had a formal complaint about any of their events. Last halloween was completely fixed and that much cannot be denied. I know, it's their site and their rules and I don't expect to "win" this argument. I just want Gaia to think about what they've been doing to the MAJORITY.

See, I'd love to admit I'm wrong here and say you're right about the teams being nearly equal (and I do love equality; OCD OP) but you're basing this off of a single thread and as you can very clearly see, there is under 2,000 votes. Are you really expecting me to believe that on a site of over 100,000 people, only 2,000 are participating in the Halloween event? If that's the case, I'm completely wrong and I apologize and these rare items are going to be the rarest event items of all time. However, this is highly unlikely. I wish I had the means to show you a graph of activity on both sides but I unfortunately don't. If there is someone out there that has a legitimate graph of team activity that accurately portrays team sizes, I'd very much appreciate that input and it would help put this dilemma to rest.
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

I appreciate the thoughtfulness but this isn't a conspiracy. I've been here for 8+ years and I've seen things, good and bad. This is the first time I've had a formal complaint about any of their events. Last halloween was completely fixed and that much cannot be denied. I know, it's their site and their rules and I don't expect to "win" this argument. I just want Gaia to think about what they've been doing to the MAJORITY.

See, I'd love to admit I'm wrong here and say you're right about the teams being nearly equal (and I do love equality; OCD OP) but you're basing this off of a single thread and as you can very clearly see, there is under 2,000 votes. Are you really expecting me to believe that on a site of over 100,000 people, only 2,000 are participating in the Halloween event? If that's the case, I'm completely wrong and I apologize and these rare items are going to be the rarest event items of all time. However, this is highly unlikely. I wish I had the means to show you a graph of activity on both sides but I unfortunately don't. If there is someone out there that has a legitimate graph of team activity that accurately portrays team sizes, I'd very much appreciate that input and it would help put this dilemma to rest.

2000 responses is a fairly huge sample size. Most student studies just use 100 people and consider it pretty decent.

That said, it's not like the # of candies we collect is being divided by the number of active players on each team. The # of candies is just that on the event page - the number of candies each team collects.

Also you forget that angels have an advantage to small numbers - they have an easier time finding demon targets that are near death to kill. Kills gives you WAY more candies than simple attacks. You get 20 candies per death. So it's entirely plausible why their numbers are gaining faster than demons, who have a tougher time finding angels to kill for that 20 candy boost.

There are pros and cons to big and small groups.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

2000 responses is a fairly huge sample size. Most student studies just use 100 people and consider it pretty decent.

That said, it's not like the # of candies we collect is being divided by the number of active players on each team. The # of candies is just that on the event page - the number of candies each team collects.

Also you forget that angels have an advantage to small numbers - they have an easier time finding demon targets that are near death to kill. Kills gives you WAY more candies than simple attacks. You get 20 candies per death. So it's entirely plausible why their numbers are gaining faster than demons, who have a tougher time finding angels to kill for that 20 candy boost.

I see your point but it still doesn't answer how the Angel team got over 3,000,000 points in 9 hours while the Demon team seems to have stood still. It also still doesn't answer why Gaia thought it was a good idea to give Ciro 1,000 HP and the Demon NPCs just 100. Then it makes little sense for them to later lower Ciro's HP to 100. Looks shady.

Hey, just wanted to thank you for your opinions. You're really insightful. Thank you.
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

I see your point but it still doesn't answer how the Angel team got over 3,000,000 points in 9 hours while the Demon team seems to have stood still. It also still doesn't answer why Gaia thought it was a good idea to give Ciro 1,000 HP and the Demon NPCs just 100. Then it makes little sense for them to later lower Ciro's HP to 100. Looks shady.

Hey, just wanted to thank you for your opinions. You're really insightful. Thank you.

NP. When I was looking to fight the Bosses and had to kill 10 demons each time, all I had to do was shift through 2-3 obscure pages full of demons to find 10 near-death demons to KO. Add a Drop Potion in, and I was getting like 40 candies per kill - around 400 candies in less than 5 minutes. If I timed things right (using a drop potion right before I killed the boss, then quickly killing 10 more demons) I could get 800 candies in less than 6 minutes. If I kept that up for an hour, that's like 8k-10k candies in 60 minutes. xd

Also IDK if it's new or was already that way, but I checked the forums and Ciro's HP is already at 100? Oh you were talking about something else.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

NP. When I was looking to fight the Bosses and had to kill 10 demons each time, all I had to do was shift through 2-3 obscure pages full of demons to find 10 near-death demons to KO. Add a Drop Potion in, and I was getting like 40 candies per kill - around 400 candies in less than 5 minutes. If I timed things right (using a drop potion right before I killed the boss, then quickly killing 10 more demons) I could get 800 candies in less than 6 minutes. If I kept that up for an hour, that's like 8k-10k candies in 60 minutes. xd

Also IDK if it's new or was already that way, but I checked the forums and Ciro's HP is already at 100?
Yup. His HP is maxed out at 100 now. It was at 1,000 for the first half of the event, though. That's what I was salty.

It was nice of you to break down the candy system for me but I already know how it works. My question isn't so much how the Angels got 3mil over night but more so how the Demons stood still in that same time. It seems like the Angels gain a centimeter on the bar each day but last night was nothing short of a miracle. That's why I'm sort of in a state of disbelief and anger. Last year was fixed and I'm just sort of set up to be disappointed this year as well, I guess. With all the mid-event changes they've been making.. idk I just expected them to make it fair to begin with.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Tadashiini
Considering the Demons far out numbered the Angels since the very beginning of the event, I'm wondering if Gaia is going to fix this event to make their favorite team win like they did last Halloween event.

Last Halloween event between the Dark Elves and the Vampires, Gaia decided it was a good idea to change the way the points were counted after the event ended to favor the losing team. Originally, it was said whoever had the most members and most points would win (obviously and as it should be) but that's not how it played out, is it? stare

It's looking more and more likely as the days go by where I am seeing the Angel team increase their score by more than THREE MILLION POINTS in just under 9 hours while the Demon team seems to stand still over night. This has gone on since the event was "balanced" by gaia.

Did anyone notice that Ciro had 1k HP? They changed him to 100 hp just yesterday to match the demon NPCs. Yeah, go ahead and argue that it's because the Demons had 2 NPCs but it hardly matters when they have a measly 100 HP like the rest of us. The only perks they got were higher than average defense and boosted healing from allies. Mr. Ciro had 1k HP on top of this fact.. Imagine how annoying it would be for the Demons to get Ciro down to under half HP because the Angels are simply not paying attention to him and then a single Angel heals HALF his HP with a single heal after noticing Gaia's savior is being attacked. Yeah. HALF his HP from being healed once. You may hit 20-40 damage on other people but on bosses like Ciro, you're lucky if you can hit a 10. Half his HP healed means the FIFTY times you attacked Ciro and were lucky enough to hit straight 10s meant NOTHING because some guy healed half his HP in a single shot.

Gaia, I'm really sick of you guys fixing events. You claim it's to be fair but by changing the rules to favor the losing party, you are hurting the MAJORITY of the community to favor the MINORITY. That's business suicide, plain and simple. It's nice that you might cater to the minority at times but in major events like this, it really upsets people to be on the WINNING TEAM (clearly) and still lose after putting for so much time and effort ( and now introducing Pay 2 Win Events - Gold and Gaia Cash? Seriously!? scream ) and for it to mean nothing.

So while I thank you for the cool event and the nice items, I'm really upset with how you play the game. In fact, if you keep cheating like you do, you're going to find a lot less players willing to play this game with you. You can be the king all by yourself, if that's how you want to play.

EDIT: If there is someone out there that has a legitimate graph of team activity that accurately portrays team sizes, I'd very much appreciate it.

Hey there Tadashiini,

With regards to Dark Elves vs. Vampires, there was no rigging there, the formula we used was clear. In the end it came down to the fact that the smaller team was doing more work than the larger team. Had the larger team continued to do more work than the smaller team, they would have won. We've showed the formula that was used, I'm sure you can find our explanation about that event if you did some digging. It was two years ago so I don't have it readily prepared.

As for the NPC health, this was an error when we set up the NPCs. All the NPCs we used for the stickies were supposed to have the same health but didn't. We fixed that to be what it should have been. There was no "rigging," it was a simple glitch. All we've done to balance the event is what has been suggested by users, which is implement the subforums for each team. Aside from that we've also been working to fix various bugs that have popped up, which should have no barring on aiding any team.

Hope this helps!
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII
Tadashiini
Soft CeII

Also IDK if it's new or was already that way, but I checked the forums and Ciro's HP is already at 100?
Yup. His HP is maxed out at 100 now. It was at 1,000 for the first half of the event, though. That's what I was salty.

It was nice of you to break down the candy system for me but I already know how it works. My question isn't so much how the Angels got 3mil over night but more so how the Demons stood still in that same time. It seems like the Angels gain a centimeter on the bar each day but last night was nothing short of a miracle. That's why I'm sort of in a state of disbelief and anger. Last year was fixed and I'm just sort of set up to be disappointed this year as well, I guess. With all the mid-event changes they've been making.. idk I just expected them to make it fair to begin with.

Maybe the demons just aren't as active anymore since the event is dying down. When I went through KO'ing demons a lot of them looked inactive simply because they all had low health (as if someone went by to heal them once and move on). Actually a lot of demons had 0 health or low health, very few had full health (full health suggests activity, since posting only twice in the home forum will heal you to 100% health). It's like, sure the majority of people are demons, but the majority of these demons are also probably now inactive with the halloween event since the event hype is over.
Zero Omega
. Aside from that we've also been working to fix various bugs that have popped up, which should have no barring on aiding any team.

Hope this helps!

Off topic, do you guys have plans for fixing the item collection achievements, because no one is getting those...

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Soft CeII
Zero Omega
. Aside from that we've also been working to fix various bugs that have popped up, which should have no barring on aiding any team.

Hope this helps!

Off topic, do you guys have plans for fixing the item collection achievements, because no one is getting those...

Our dev team is looking into any issues with achievements not granting, in the mean time, we'll be happy to help you receive your achievement if you file a ticket.
Zero Omega
Soft CeII
Zero Omega

Hope this helps!

Our dev team is looking into any issues with achievements not granting, in the mean time, we'll be happy to help you receive your achievement if you file a ticket.

If you file a ticket about achievements not granting, the CC person closes the ticket with a message for you to post in the event bug thread. razz

I'll just wait. Thanks for the response. biggrin

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Zero Omega
Hey there Tadashiini,

With regards to Dark Elves vs. Vampires, there was no rigging there, the formula we used was clear. In the end it came down to the fact that the smaller team was doing more work than the larger team. Had the larger team continued to do more work than the smaller team, they would have won. We've showed the formula that was used, I'm sure you can find our explanation about that event if you did some digging. It was two years ago so I don't have it readily prepared.

As for the NPC health, this was an error when we set up the NPCs. All the NPCs we used for the stickies were supposed to have the same health but didn't. We fixed that to be what it should have been. There was no "rigging," it was a simple glitch. All we've done to balance the event is what has been suggested by users, which is implement the subforums for each team. Aside from that we've also been working to fix various bugs that have popped up, which should have no barring on aiding any team.

Hope this helps!
[Star-struck Intensifies] emotion_kirakira

Ahem, hello and nice to meet you, Zero.

Thank you very much for your time and I apologize for the initial mood of my previous posts. I was very upset but our friend Soft Cell here enlightened me that it may just be a perceptional error on my part.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to address this issue as it has been a very serious issue to me for a while. Two years, you said? I hadn't even realized it had been that long. As you can see, that long I have felt this resentment and you've come to enlighten me as well. A huge honor, my friend. Thank you. The issue isn't only with me, however. Others feel this way. I'm a long time Gaia fan; I even met my wife on here. We love this site and when we feel that things aren't made fair, it tears us apart.

I can understand that Ciro having 1,000 HP may have been an completely unintentional glitch but that doesn't change the issue that the Demon NPCs were much easier to kill in comparison to Ciro and this went on for several days. 5 iirc. Would this have an effect on the war? I'd argue that it would but I am unsure how often the Demon NPCs were slain in comparison to Ciro or even how many points they render when defeated. Would it be fair to assume the Angel team was given an unfair advantage, albeit unintentionally, in the beginning of the event?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff