Welcome to Gaia! ::

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

If I'm not mistaken, you are charging the SAME price for the [Animal] Dragonslayers as you were the originals.

I don't know what else to say other than that is just wrong.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
It's kind of messed up, but I doubt anything will change considering how fast the human versions sold out.

But yeah teddy march was a popular item, and IIRC it was only 499 for paws vs the original which I think was 999(?) for humans.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Maybe I'm confused but I'm not seeing why it's so wrong. confused Is it okay if I ask you to elaborate, OP?

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mark Danced Crazy
Maybe I'm confused but I'm not seeing why it's so wrong. confused Is it okay if I ask you to elaborate, OP?

Because [Animal] avatars are a lot smaller, and arguably not as commonly used as Human avatars.

(Also I really like your achievement title if it means what I think it means. I just got a Mega Man amiibo the other day)

Omnipresent Glitch

Actually, it's still a lot of work to change the size, practically re-pixel the item, and also add in different features (such as the ears and tails.) If it was simply resized and moved around in Photoshop, it would be very ugly. Try it yourself! Converting from one thing to another is hard - I say this as an artist who has dabbled in pixeling her own conversions.

Even if they're smaller, they still have quite a bit of effort put into them, and are just as complex to convert then say... the other way around.

Say the item had been animal-only at first. Would you have the same complaint?

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Also, I wasn't sure to add voting or not on this thread.
For a pricing subject, probably wasn't a good idea.

I bet at least half of down votes are from Gaia staff.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
shsl ivalice
Actually, it's still a lot of work to change the size, practically re-pixel the item, and also add in different features (such as the ears and tails.) If it was simply resized and moved around in Photoshop, it would be very ugly. Try it yourself! Converting from one thing to another is hard - I say this as an artist who has dabbled in pixeling her own conversions.

Even if they're smaller, they still have quite a bit of effort put into them, and are just as complex to convert then say... the other way around.

Say the item had been animal-only at first. Would you have the same complaint?

If it was [Animal] only, that would be completely different.
And with my same logic, if they then turned it into a Human item, I would expect it to cost more.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

ChaosTrooper
Mark Danced Crazy

Because [Animal] avatars are a lot smaller, and arguably not as commonly used as Human avatars.

(Also I really like your achievement title if it means what I think it means. I just got a Mega Man amiibo the other day)

Ah, okay. I can see where you're coming from. Guess Gaia saw the opportunity and ran with it, unfortunately.

Yeah this used to be one of my Mega Man accounts. I'm thinking about gettin' a Mega Man amiibo but Nintendo's marketing with the whole thing makes it a bit iffy for me.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mark Danced Crazy

Yeah the original Dragonslayers sold out everytime, so Gaia basically took advantage of the original's popularity.

And that isn't fair to us really.

Evolved Hunter

ChaosTrooper
Mark Danced Crazy

Yeah the original Dragonslayers sold out everytime, so Gaia basically took advantage of the original's popularity.

Typical Gaia, eh~? (and yes I am Mark)

I wouldn't say it isn't fair, but I can understand your concern. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I can see where shsl ivalice is coming from since pixel art generally isn't as simple as resizing it. I guess they could have done with making it like, 50 cents less or something. Nothing major.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Kei Nanjo
ChaosTrooper
Mark Danced Crazy

Typical Gaia, eh~? (and yes I am Mark)

I wouldn't say it isn't fair, but I can understand your concern. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I can see where shsl ivalice is coming from since pixel art generally isn't as simple as resizing it. I guess they could have done with making it like, 50 cents less or something. Nothing major.

Yeah but just because something is harder to do, doesn't mean WE necessarily have to pay for it.

It is there job.

Omnipresent Glitch

I'm about to bed (hello 3 am), so I can't argue for long, but my point still stands. It's not a simple command - it probably takes the same amount of work to make, in order to make sure the conversion goes well. (If it didn't? Jaggies and horrific quality would be rampant.) If it does, then it should cost the same.

Of course, you see it differently, and that's fine.

In fact, I decided to quickly do a simple resize, to see how much touch-up it would need. Base legs, just with the regular Photoshop resize.

(Why the legs? Because that's a huge difference in Paw and Human legs.)

User Image

So, at least for this item, it was a fresh pixel-ing. I'd check for the others, but I don't feel like that much effort. So, basically, I feel it is just to ask for the same amount of pay for practically the same amount of work.

Also, their job is to make items to sell. It would be like asking a professional web designer to charge a smaller hourly rate for a mobile-only website. That's now how it works.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
shsl ivalice

Agree to disagree. Sweet dreams!

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

You're wrong though, Dragonslayers were 899 GC for humans.
So paws are still getting a cheaper deal.

Also:
I'm pretty sure the Deceptive/Shiny version was (899 GC)
Determined/Brown/Eevee (699 GC)
Daring/Black/Eevee (799 GC)

Omnipresent Glitch

Menstrual Cramps
User Image

You're wrong though, Dragonslayers were 899 GC for humans.
So paws are still getting a cheaper deal.

...I wish I'd remembered that before getting into a heated passion with a mostly-broken H key. :p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff