Welcome to Gaia! ::

Question: If you are having server problems, why not upgrade the servers? Hell, it was a good long while ago when you guys said that you were looking for a replacement for the messenger, and we are still hoping. Now, you take down the zOMG servers, saying there were too many problems plaguing the game servers. Now, the server is acting like a Wall-E having sex with a Speak-And-Spell. You figure out the 3 problems at hand, along with the meaning of the innuendo. I have been moving my friends over to Facebook, little by little, in the event that Gaia is no longer a viable server. I am giving you all until New Year's to show us some progress, or I will make a new resolution to call for a retirement. Have I made myself clear?

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
ColinThePhilosopher
Question: If you are having server problems, why not upgrade the servers? Hell, it was a good long while ago when you guys said that you were looking for a replacement for the messenger, and we are still hoping. Now, you take down the zOMG servers, saying there were too many problems plaguing the game servers. Now, the server is acting like a Wall-E having sex with a Speak-And-Spell. You figure out the 3 problems at hand, along with the meaning of the innuendo. I have been moving my friends over to Facebook, little by little, in the event that Gaia is no longer a viable server. I am giving you all until New Year's to show us some progress, or I will make a new resolution to call for a retirement. Have I made myself clear?

I am sure Gaia takes your threat of retirement very VERY seriously.

Feisty Sex Symbol

19,950 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
HighClass Badass
ColinThePhilosopher

Well if he retires with a DDOS attack.... nope they still won't give a s**t.

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
Theodora of shadows
HighClass Badass
ColinThePhilosopher

Well if he retires with a DDOS attack.... nope they still won't give a s**t.

Why should they? Cyber Terrorists are pathetic anyways.

Aged Lunatic

ColinThePhilosopher

Question: Have you even looked around in the slightest to get a clue as to what's going on?

Answer: No of course not, your entire post makes this entirely clear.

Before suggesting to Gaia things to do that they actually already have people that are paid to do and figure out of they need to, search around and actually find out what's happening, the general issues going on with the site are completely irrelevant to "upgrading a server", and prob drop the threats to quit next time, unless you're spending 6 figures USD a month on Gaia, they're not gonna care about you leaving any more than most of us considering how many users already have basically quit.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Look not being mean just straight to the point, if you actually took a stroll to CB, GCD, and actually flick through the posts here in the SF too then you'll realize that this site went under a DDOS attack in the past 24 hrs by some dimwitted Gaian who held a grudge against Gaia for banning them, these Server issues aren't to do with the Server being upgraded but due to this DDOS attack x_x;;

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
ERBoH fan spotted.

I was MEGA-pissed off this weekend over the DDoS attacks, but not at Gaia. It's incredibly unfortunate that after all the mistakes and screw-ups Gaia HAS done in the past few weeks that this happened because people (like the OP) are going to blame Gaia for something that for once was largely of their control. Keep in mind that AAA MMORPG companies get DDoS'd too: the latest WoW expansion dropped this past week and Blizzard got DDoS'd. BLIZZARD. If one person/small group of people can pull down a decade-old 10-million player strong game, small sites like Gaia don't stand a chance if a banned player gets their diaper in a twist.

I'm hoping Gaia issues a transparent statement tomorrow regarding this past weekend and reconsiders the already-broken customer/business relationship they have with the majority of the userbase. Because no matter how blameless Gaia is over the DDoS, I don't think most users will see it that way.

Divine Muse

Clever Goat

"Upgrading servers" won't do s**t against DDoS attacks.
Bank of America fell victim to one, and you know they have good servers.

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Right now Gaia solution for a problem is not fixing it but remove it. It far more simple and cheaper.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Misguided anger, I see.

Gaia isn't to blame for this. The person who decided to be petty over a ban and DDoS the site is to blame. A server upgrade isn't going to do anything to stop it, unfortunately.
A server upgrade may not help that much when it comes to the DDOS attack, but it will allow for the introduction of new games. I still wish we had the messenger available. The messengers in-game will not help with communication, if the persons they are socializing with have alot of emails. The messenger on the homepage where it was, will help more. I wonder when they will get the next gaming servers up and running.

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
s**t happens.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers